Do We Need A Visa For Georgia - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Do We Need A Visa For Georgia

Lawnmower

If your transitting at all in Turkey with any sort if stopover you need a Turkish one!!!

Really? I'm staying airside and no mention of a visa. Not sure why there would be. Not actually clearing immigration.

Always remember the mad dash at some ungodly time arriving in Turkey on holiday, dashing to get the sticker, then joining another line to clear immigration.

J

Turkish visa is very easy. Fill in an online form, give them $10 and its issued on the spot.

Azerbaijan less so. My passport photo was rejected for being a 'selfie'. It also cost 80 and hasn't arrived in the fortnight since applying.

I've got a 5 hour stopover in Turkey on the Asian side and wondered how long it would take to get through passport/visa procedure as i wouldn't mind a wee bus trip into the centre then back again

We are flying into SAW, it looks a big ole city.

Like popping into London from Gatwick. I'd be clock watching wanting to head back the minute I got into the city, also is all the cultural stuff (blue mosque, grand bazar) not the European side of the Bosphrous?

J

We are flying into SAW, it looks a big ole city.

Like popping into London from Gatwick. I'd be clock watching wanting to head back the minute I got into the city, also is all the cultural stuff (blue mosque, grand bazar) not the European side of the Bosphrous?

J

Not got a clue tbh, I just fancy having a wander about Asia!! What flight are you on into Tbilisi?? We are on the 23:00 on Wednesday the 2nd arriving at 3:05

If you are a transit passenger then no visa required.

If going landside then you must apply online for your visa - dead easy to do and confirmed instantly. Is valid something like up to 180 days from the date of application/issuance, so you can complete it anytime from now and you'll be covered

Not got a clue tbh, I just fancy having a wander about Asia!! What flight are you on into Tbilisi?? We are on the 23:00 on Wednesday the 2nd arriving at 3:05

We are on the 18:50 getting into Tblisi 22:05. Sounds like you are on the same 11:50 flight from Gatwick as us If you have 5 hours to kill.

Word of warning, if it's anything like Marmaris airport the airside "refreshments" is frighteningly expensive. Think £5 for a Coke!

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

I forgot about Turkish Visa. Did one last year when on holiday. Ive got a day in Istanbul. Arrive at seven pm from London on Tuesday 1st. Then plane to Tbilisi next day round about sevenish in evening. £14 on booking .com for what looks like ok hotel in decent area. Wee bit of sightseeing to be done.

We are on the 18:50 getting into Tblisi 22:05. Sounds like you are on the same 11:50 flight from Gatwick as us If you have 5 hours to kill.

Word of warning, if it's anything like Marmaris airport the airside "refreshments" is frighteningly expensive. Think £5 for a Coke!

J

I'll be coming in from Copenhagen. Hopefully there'll be something close by to do for a few hours as We have a 5or6 hour wait on the Sunday at Gatwick so don't want to spend any more time than we have to just kicking about airports

I've got a 5 hour stopover in Turkey on the Asian side and wondered how long it would take to get through passport/visa procedure as i wouldn't mind a wee bus trip into the centre then back

again

With a 5 hour stopover, I think you would be looking to head straight back to the airport as soon as you got into town at best, I'm afraid. Huge city, traffic can be mental and as the previous poster said, all the sites are on the European side of the Bosphorus.