Roi Scotland Match Thread - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Roi Scotland Match Thread

Slide tackle

We gave Ireland far too much respect

They were clearly going to rely on set pieces or some magic from McGeady and when he was ruled out then it wasnt rocket science.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt towards the end of the game that Ireland were there for the taking.

They needed to win as ONeills substitutions showed.

I would have subbed Fletcher who was a was a waste of a jersey and brought Griffiths on to inject some pace up front

Same here, I thought Griffiths being an in-form player who can find the net and having some pace (more than Fletcher anyway) would help occupy the Irish defence later in the game.

I personally never quite understood the Broony off substitute when he had Griffiths sat on the bench

Just watched the game back again, and there was an element of being happy with the draw in our game, even after we equalised.

Disappointing, given the obvious limitations of the team we were up against.

Anya is a great asset to the squad.

Both as a starter and a sub. He was fantastic today when he came on, and helped us move up a gear even when we weren't playing our best. His attitude is superb and seems a really interesting guy. Definitely a fan favourite.

Watched the game again and I don't know if it was us being happy with a draw, tactics, nerves or what, but Ireland were most definitley there to be taken today. We looked more composed than them with the ball on the odd occasion that we actually kept it in our midst, our little triangluar passes were more efficient than their hoofball/physicality. Their defence also if you watch it back were at times lopsided and Given is getting older, he's still a good keeper, but a more gung-ho approach and we could have won, but then again, we could have lost too. Swings and round... etc.

Mulgrew had a fantastic game. He's turning in performance after performance for us of late, and I didn't really rate him. Martin too is a key asset.

I doubt many will agree with me, but I don't think Naismith and especially S. Fletcher are the answer up front. We don't create enough chances - both of them go to ground far too easy. I'd have stuck Griffiths on at somepoint. It's a bit harsh on Naismith as he is a workhorse, a bit like Ivica Olic for Croatia. I don't know what is going on with Fletcher if he's gone off the boil, or has he peaked? I can't recall the last good game he had for us.

If we could find a goalscorer, we could be a very good team.

Hutton has to be replaced too. He's no good. "He's like Cafu. Never played football for 8 years" was a great Tweet I read earlier.

Quinn's anaylsis was spot on really. Also thought the ref and his team had a decent game (barring the howler they missed the goal).

The big test is Tblisi. We need to win there.

P.S Davie Provan looks like Robocop.

Edited by weekevie04

Dillinger.. Seen a bar in your honour.

Regardless of that, this is the only time I have been to an away game and not bumped into anyone I know. Not a problem, just nice to say hello again.

Georgia got hammered by Poland again so if we can't beat them over there then we can't complain about not qualifying. And we owe them one for them raising their game/us meekly surrendering three points the week before the Italy game.

Aye but it was only 1-0 after 89 minutes. Unfortunately we don't have a Lewandowski that can score a hat-trick in injury time.

Georgia will be tough.

Aye but it was only 1-0 after 89 minutes. Unfortunately we don't have a Lewandowski that can score a hat-trick in injury time.

Georgia will be tough.

They're not a good side. I know it's a danger game for us but it's a mental thing more than anything. It helps it's the first game of a double header and we'll be properly focused and fresh - but we have to win.

Georgia will be tough.

Personally think Georgia are there for the taken there campaign has been a shambles so far....

With our away form another 1-0 should do it.

Also agree with previous post Ireland were there for the taken second half.

post reaction....

Where are all the paddys that normally spout there carp on here...................thought not crap team miserable manger mickey mouse stadium paid for buy HUSH money..........

Long live Scotland

Gary

Not really but games over now took four points from you guys...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH..

Iam sure you now have more important things to do with your life than post on a exclusivity Scottish website..

See ya pal.

Wish you all the best for the future fella !!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH..

Iam sure you now have more important things to do with your life than post on a exclusivity Scottish website..

See ya pal.

Buy why call us paddys and be insulting?

Ye got 4 pts against us cos ye deserved it. Ye deserve to qualify and ye probably will now.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH..

See ya pal.

No need to take that tone. GTR and the other Irish fellas who've been posting have been perfectly civil and very helpful with travel advice etc. Great that we got a point as to lose to a bunch of thugs and hammer throwers would have been hard to take but it's hardly gloating material.

No need to take that tone. GTR and the other Irish fellas who've been posting have been perfectly civil and very helpful with travel advice etc. Great that we got a point as to lose to a bunch of thugs and hammer throwers would have been hard to take but it's hardly gloating material.

Thanks for all your contribution all respected this an open board I shall let all the other members make there replies now..

See ya fellas maybe not in France though eh !!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH..

See ya pal.

Would much rather have them posting on the board than you Edited by Slide tackle

The result was much better than our performance against a not very good Irish team. Down both wings we were very poor in defence. Hutton has been getting away with far too many outings below the standard required at international level. I cannot think of a defender who puts in less tackles and fails to cut out cross after cross. The boy playing on the left flank, Forsyth was our worst player, continually gave away the ball. The other areas we were below par, with Brown and Naismith putting in their worst performances for a while. Gordy has admitted he selected the wrong team, I would suggest more changes than just Anya are required e.g. Robertson, Whittaker and Griffiths should be in next starting line up. We will need to improve to beat Georgia next game up.