Ireland Accept Payoff For Henry's Handball... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ireland Accept Payoff For Henry's Handball...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play to Ireland for brassing their case. Heard an interesting comment on 5Live earlier that while this wasn't a bribe, it did demonstrate a culture in FIFA in using large sums of money to make problems go away.

Absolutely scandalous. Would be raging if he SFA had just given up on an appeal like this that the fans had all wanted to see. It was an appalling bit of refereeing!

Ireland got some much worse decisions go their way in that campaign.

When do the $FA get their compen for the Hutton incident vs Italy.

I smelt a rat at the time, shower of c@nts. Fair Play my :moon:

And the Czech Rep game. Come on SFA, spill the beans where did all the money go? OK, they are probably not going to tell me, but they will be squealing like wee piggies as soon as Mr FBI comes chappin' at their door.

Ireland got some much worse decisions go their way in that campaign.

Mick

Decisions? so more than one -- please advise what they were?

And yes the penalty against georgia in dublin was lucky - i have no problem saying that - but equally none of our players dived/cheated to get it

but i never realised we had other worse decisions go our way?

------------------------------

as for the 5 million.....delaney is an embarrasment and his handling of the whole affair is embarrassing.

Henry and the handball -it was sh*t when it happened - but it happened - dodgy 5 million handouts just make it worse.

Football is corrupt - thats just the unfortunate fact every nation has to deal with

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

I'm not sure how I would feel about this if it were the SFA.

Once the FT whistle goes the game is decided no matter what cheating happened on the pitch. I can't remember the last time a result / game was changed after the fact at international level. But still, it would leave a bad taste if it even looked like the SFA were in any way complicit in accepting a payment for backing down about perusing a fight. On the other hand - a small nation like ours / Ireland are not going to force a replay against the likes of France and Italy. It's money for nothing.

I still reckon that Ukraine away game in Kiev in 2006 was dodgy as fek. Just as we were coming into the game and threatening we got a man sent off and shevchenko was awarded the pen. Even that night in Kiev I remember some locals telling us that we would never have won - the result had been decided beforehand with stacks of cash changing hands in a hotel room.

I still reckon that Ukraine away game in Kiev in 2006 was dodgy as fek. Just as we were coming into the game and threatening we got a man sent off and shevchenko was awarded the pen. Even that night in Kiev I remember some locals telling us that we would never have won - the result had been decided beforehand with stacks of cash changing hands in a hotel room.

After getting bricks chucked at me on the way to the stadium, I was just glad to get out of Kiev with my head attached to my shoulders.

The Irish FA took a bribe, surely that makes them guilty? As for the whole premise of the Irish taking Fifa to court because of a bad decision; that just makes no sense at all.