Ciftci - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is there evidence of Ciftci's bite? Looks circumstantial to me, although why somebody would go to the length of tweeting a picture of a bitten leg if he hadn't, I don't know.

not sure from the pictures I have seen if its head to leg or leg to head. is there any footage of him actually biting? if there is then he should expect severe punishment. but the dundee player was kicking him on the ground and if it was leg to head - how does that sit? he may have recived the injury from ciftcis mouth while putting the knee into him as he was getting up. just cant tell from the pictures. maybe someone out there has one that will tell us.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure from the pictures I have seen if its head to leg or leg to head. is there any footage of him actually biting? if there is then he should expect severe punishment. but the dundee player was kicking him on the ground and if it was leg to head - how does that sit? he may have recived the injury from ciftcis mouth while putting the knee into him as he was getting up. just cant tell from the pictures. maybe someone out there has one that will tell us.

I've only seen the still shot used by the papers but the close up does not look good for Ciftci. It does look like he bit the guy. Weird thing to do and needs a healthy and lengthy ban if proven.

Maybe Suarez could be his counsellor?

Sad little grudge :lol:

That's what a lot of people state about you. I don't. Your far too tough for me. ?

I made a response to a silly wee comment from you, purely on the fact that I think biting a fellow professional is disgusting and should be dealt with by serious punishment.

If that makes me one of the TAMB drama queens on this subject, so be it.

Your opinion to me is irrelevant....as it always is.

I'm not tough and never purport to be.

I never called you a drama queen, i made a general comment about folk on this thread. If you think that's you, then that's your issue.

We can discuss the issue like grown ups if you like?

I agree that biting someone is out of order and should be punished. However, in no way do I think it worse than a dangerous tackle or deliberately elbowing someone in the head. Do you think it is, if so why?

What punishment do think would be fitting if Ciftci is found guilty?

Just saw it on TV, and aside from the fact that the referee is in the way for a moment, the circumstantial evidence looks pretty damning....especially combined with the photo earlier in this thread.

The Dundee player definitely reacts instantly to whatever Ciftci did.

5-10 ban if guilty.

Going on worst case, that 10 games is 5 times greater than a ban for, say, a knee-high tackle.

Do you think it is 5x worse? If so, why?

Going on worst case, that 10 games is 5 times greater than a ban for, say, a knee-high tackle.

It isn't 5x worse but the knee high tackles can be mitigated, for want of a better description, by saying you were going for the ball and mistimed or misjudged it. We all know that wouldn't be true but tackling is part of the game.

Biting is basically just assault.

Drawing blood? HIV risk? I think you'd get longer from a judge for biting someone than kicking them, although I'm guessing.

If you've bothered to look at the footage - the one from looking down, not over the pitch, you'll have seen the 'so called' kicking' didn't happen. Jim put in a block tackle which stopped before he reached Cifti

"maybe he got it whilst putting his knee into his mouth" .............. really lol

Again, look at the footage and the 'incident' happened at least a second after the 'tackle' ............. no movement from the Dundee player who was standing still, whilst looking at the ref. Also might explain why no one was looking for the bite, as lets' be honest, its simply not expected in our game!

Just saw it on TV, and aside from the fact that the referee is in the way for a moment, the circumstantial evidence looks pretty damning....especially combined with the photo earlier in this thread.

The Dundee player definitely reacts instantly to whatever Ciftci did.

Thats exactly what I said at the time - could not work out why the extreme reaction.

Serves the player right for taking kicks/ knees at a player on the ground. Defence can be his leg was cut on my tooth as I was crying out in pain at being kicked on the ground

Again, look at the footage from down the pitch and you'll see no kicking or 'coming together' that might explain the cut ............. that didn't happen remember

I agree that on the TV at the time, with the only footage being used, being the view from the main stand over - it did look like he (Jim) steamed into him but if you look at the other view, you'll see otherwise.

Also worth noting the time difference between the 'tackle' and the reaction, which may or may not have been a bite .............. maybe long enough to apply the lipstick I suppose.

Edited by DeeRus

If you've bothered to look at the footage - the one from looking down, not over the pitch, you'll have seen the 'so called' kicking' didn't happen. Jim put in a block tackle which stopped before he reached Cifti

"maybe he got it whilst putting his knee into his mouth" .............. really lol

Again, look at the footage and the 'incident' happened at least a second after the 'tackle' ............. no movement from the Dundee player who was standing still, whilst looking at the ref. Also might explain why no one was looking for the bite, as lets' be honest, its simply not expected in our game!

Thats exactly what I said at the time - could not work out why the extreme reaction.

Again, look at the footage from down the pitch and you'll see no kicking or 'coming together' that might explain the cut ............. that didn't happen remember

I agree that on the TV at the time, with the only footage being used, being the view from the main stand over - it did look like he (Jim) steamed into him but if you look at the other view, you'll see otherwise.

Also worth noting the time difference between the 'tackle' and the reaction, which may or may not have been a bite .............. maybe longh to apply the lipstick I suppose.

Sorry wtf are you talking about? I have just said above that I haven't seen any pictures which show that. What footage from above are you talking about. I haven't seen it. Please direct me to it if you can. So before you go off on one try and read my post eh? I haven't said he is innocent just that I have yet to see conclusive evidence.

It isn't 5x worse but the knee high tackles can be mitigated, for want of a better description, by saying you were going for the ball and mistimed or misjudged it. We all know that wouldn't be true but tackling is part of the game.

Biting is basically just assault.

Well said :ok: