Premiership Play Off Final ' Well V Gers - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Premiership Play Off Final ' Well V Gers

I was offered a ticket for the Motherwell end. Politely declined. Other than Paris I've never been in the away end (ooerr missus) and don't think this would be a good time to start!

Was it a motherwell fan offering you it? they have been strict unless on the database having bought tickets in past or season ticket or in well society they werent selling to any random folk

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was offered a ticket for the Motherwell end. Politely declined. Other than Paris I've never been in the away end (ooerr missus) and don't think this would be a good time to start!

I've got a Rangers supporting mate wanting a ticket. I'd happily get him one. He's football daft, but level headed and sensible.

I think motherwell fans should remember on Sunday if there's Rangers fans watching the football, minding there own business, they're just football fans, same as us, and desperate to see their team.

If they are outwardly supporting Rangers, goading or being antagonistic on the other hand....

(I'm not getting him a ticket, cos I can't get to the ticket office, but I'm sure he'll get one)

Was it a motherwell fan offering you it? they have been strict unless on the database having bought tickets in past or season ticket or in well society they werent selling to any random folk

It was aye. To be honest I think he just wanted the opportunity to see me squirm for 90 mins!

Not true mate. They maybe are more stringent now but I know of two lads who got 8 between them. They googled 2 random Motherwell addresses whilst in the queue. Stood their ground and got the tickets. Argued blind they were Well fans. As above these lads will just be there to see the game but with tensions this high I think it's a bad idea.

There are also reports of guys using the same Motherwell address more than once. Again they were random.

Shambles it has come to this tbh. I've done it a few times and can remember standing with Dons fans at cup finals in the past. Dunno if I would do it now though. Just not worth the hassle.

Edited by Angus_Young

Derek Johnstone really is an odious cretin. His concern for Rangers fans not getting a ticket is admirable and touching. Maybe the fat ride will consider this the next time he freeloads his way into a match. wonder how many loyal fans he's done out a ticket over the years. They'll be one guy on Thursday sitting in the house despite going to every game this season while the " Legend " park his ass in a seat in the Club Deck. Fookin kn0b jockey!!

Derek Johnstone really is an odious cretin. His concern for Rangers fans not getting a ticket is admirable and touching. Maybe the fat ride will consider this the next time he freeloads his way into a match. wonder how many loyal fans he's done out a ticket over the years. They'll be one guy on Thursday sitting in the house despite going to every game this season while the " Legend " park his ass in a seat in the Club Deck. Fookin kn0b jockey!!

Did he ride your bird or something?

I would just say he's a fat, unwashed kvnt who would struggle to remember the last time he found his banger let alone rode a female. According to his warped logic, it's Motherwell's fault if Rangers fans get into bother in the Motherwell end on Sunday.

Applying DJs logic, if ticketless motherwell fans get in the Rangers end at Ibrox and cause bother, it's Rangers fault?

The whole (ticket) thing is Rangers fault, Motherwell's request for 2000 wasn't unreasonable, they said no, motherwell would have looked absolutely spineless if they'd then just handed over 5000 tickets anyway.

DJ makes no mention of the 10,000 empty seats v Hibs at ibrox, both teams cutting off their nose to spite their face in that instance.

Shit stirring of the highest order, or getting the excuses in early?

I also love the pretence he cares about how scottish football looks, he cares about Rangers, and Rangers couldn't give a shit about scottish football or how it looks, unless it means more money for them to spunk!

(Sorry this is becoming a rant!)

One point I forgot to add, will Rangers give celtic 950 tickets if they get in the top flight?

No, will they !

If they did, would they expect 8000 at parkhead in return....

Edited by sbcmfc

They keep harping on about the usual allocation but it isnt a usual game.

Out of interest how many did we get for the league cup game? I cant remember

Was about 1200, the usual corner, and a wee bit round into the broomloan.

You going tomorow?

I'm jealous of the lucky few, excluding the result, I loved the cup game, the "banter" was brilliant! If you like seeing grown men foam at the mouth with rage and just laughing at them (which makes them more raging), you'll have a great time.

I reckon it takes a special kind of knuckle dragger to choose to sit on the last seat before the divide to growl at the visitors for 90 minutes!

:lol:

I don't think I've ever been as excited about a game I'm watching on TV.

You going tomorow?

I'm jealous of the lucky few, excluding the result, I loved the cup game, the "banter" was brilliant! If you like seeing grown men foam at the mouth with rage and just laughing at them (which makes them more raging), you'll have a great time.

I reckon it takes a special kind of knuckle dragger to choose to sit on the last seat before the divide to growl at the visitors for 90 minutes!

Every support has them mate. It's a bit like those wee fannies that congregate in the corners next to the away support at FP, Tyncastle and Easter road. There to be laughed at, I would definitely agree.

Ps I'm hearing from a source that Rangers did in fact offer Motherwell 1800 originally and cut it back to 950 after they confirmed we would only get 1500. Make of that what you will.

Edited by Angus_Young

You going tomorow?

Aye mate one of the 'lucky' ones. Maybe. Got lucky on Monday..went up to pick up tickets for Sunday and was actually speaking to Flow with a few others in the queue about the away allocation. Said he was hopeful it would be today (Monday) but couldnt guarantee it and that anyone who had been there since the morning was free to sit in the David Cooper suite untill we had news confirmed.

Went away to get some lunch...saw the tweet at 1 about tickets going on sale that afternoon and went back to Fir Park. By chance bumped into Flow again and asked if we could go up the suite and wait and he said aye. Then about half 3 he brought up some tickets and a till and we bought them from behind the bar :lol:

Actually turned out to be an alright day and the club managed to make a couple of quid from people buying drinks in the suite for a few hours.

Right place, right time.

Seen a few angry comments on facebook and steelmenonline about the way they were sold.

Bit of a random way to allocate the tickets, basically the 950 people; with Twitter, who can get to fir park the quickest, or in your case were already there.

Suppose in the time scale it was just a case of getting them sorted.

Not the worst way to spend your bank holiday.

Geed there is nothing to stop Motherwell fans buying tickets for their Rangers supporting pals. Its not one ticket per person on the database

Was speaking to Wendy yesterday as was up with another mate getting his tickets yesterday after work and it was 3 tickets max using database.

I wouldnt buy one for opposition, same as i wouldnt sit in there end either, rather watch the away game in the pub.

Not true mate. They maybe are more stringent now but I know of two lads who got 8 between them. They googled 2 random Motherwell addresses whilst in the queue. Stood their ground and got the tickets. Argued blind they were Well fans. As above these lads will just be there to see the game but with tensions this high I think it's a bad idea.

There are also reports of guys using the same Motherwell address more than once. Again they were random.

Shambles it has come to this tbh. I've done it a few times and can remember standing with Dons fans at cup finals in the past. Dunno if I would do it now though. Just not worth the hassle.

if this is true and away fans in home end then they better keep mouth shut or it will be like last time we played Celtic on helicopter sunday opending celtic goal every person that was jumping around in motherwell end celebrating took a few punches as the stewards threw them out. Do it at there own risk

Don't think so,she likes to be on top , so i'd have seen the burn marks on her ass fae the lightbulb in his bedroom

Edited by ankles

if this is true and away fans in home end then they better keep mouth shut or it will be like last time we played Celtic on helicopter sunday opending celtic goal every person that was jumping around in motherwell end celebrating took a few punches as the stewards threw them out. Do it at there own risk

So you assaulted someone for celebrating a goal. What sort of person are you? It's a game of football, not a Royal Rumble.

According to his warped logic, it's Motherwell's fault if Rangers fans get into bother in the Motherwell end on Sunday.

It would be Motherwell's fault though, as the home team they surely have the responsibility. Instead they wanted to give Rangers a paltry amount of tickets for a game that wasn't even likely to sell out. Purely because Rangers gave them the minimum, it's just tit for tat childish behaviour tbh.

It would be Motherwell's fault though, as the home team they surely have the responsibility. Instead they wanted to give Rangers a paltry amount of tickets for a game that wasn't even likely to sell out. Purely because Rangers gave them the minimum, it's just tit for tat childish behaviour tbh.

And they are trying to minimise they effect of the away support.

Why else would Rangers only give Hibs 950 for a game that was nowhere near sold out?

Rangers started the tit for tat. If I were motherwell I'd have offered 2% of capacity like you gave them.

And they are trying to minimise they effect of the away support.

Why else would Rangers only give Hibs 950 for a game that was nowhere near sold out?

Rangers started the tit for tat. If I were motherwell I'd have offered 2% of capacity like you gave them.

I didn't agree with Rangers allocation they gave Hibs, but I'm sure they genuinely thought they could sell that game out.