Rangers Vs Hibs Play-Off Semi-Final_First Leg 20Th May, Second Leg 23Rd May - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Vs Hibs Play-Off Semi-Final_First Leg 20Th May, Second Leg 23Rd May

Rangers tactics against us at Easter Road were much better. They clogged up the midfield and it meant our creativity from there was blocked. Also Wallace had a stormer in that game and caused us some major problems (against an unfit Gray).

By all accounts we have a full team to pick from, will be interesting to see who Stubbs goes with up front.

Apart from the final game at Falkirk, we had struggled to create chances in the last month of the campaign. Given our results over Rangers though this season, still tempted to say we will go through unbeaten in both legs.

For those of the gambling persuasion, http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/championship/rangers-v-hibernian/winner

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impossible to call, really does depend which Rangers team turns up, the inconsistency this season is beyond any rational explanation - bit like Moshni tearing forward with a couple of minutes to go and then trying a side footed shot from 50 yards that struggled to reach the keeper, let alone trouble him!

It seriously wouldn't surprise me if Rangers won 5-0 on Wednesday, or lost 5-0 (with Moshni getting a hatrick!). So no doubt will be a scoreless draw - which wouldn't surprise me either!

If I had to bet, I would say Hibs will edge it, probably in extra time or after penalties

TT

dont know about Hibee confidence but as night follows day, a discussion thread about discussing a match involving one half of the old firm ends up being about the two ugly sisters fans playing sectarian top trumps.

Edited by giblet

Would like Hibs to win but think their bottle will crash. They may have beaten Rangers convincingly three times but they ballsed up big-time the last time they played them and that will stick in their minds.

I like to believe we have learnt from that last game.

Bizarrely if be more worried if we beat Rangers again. We will have learnt some respect.

Not respect for Rangers, but respect the tie.

It will be a tough game, but I think mentally, losing to Rangers then Falkirk in the Cup will help us in the big games.

A professional job v Falkirk to secure 2nd. I'm expecting more of the same tomorrow and on Saturday.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

I hate to say it but watching QOTS on in the play offs I can't see Hibs getting away with the tippy-tappy trying to walk it into the net. The Rangers look far more organised than our previous games against them this season

Aye but we're likely to have McCulloch and/or Moshni at the back now. All bets are off!

Probably Moshni so there's a goal or 2 for you boys at least.

Will he have his laces tied quick enough for kick off, or will he get a pair of Velcros? He's an absolute liability that one.

Rangers to win on penalties, a 0-0 tonight and a 1-1 (2-2 AET) at Easter Road.

Edited by in5omniac

Don't know many Rangers fans who go on about how great the YCV and UVF are.

Celtic fans and the IRA on the other hand...

I know plenty of The Ranger fn who go on about the UVF

One thing that seems to be getting lost in the general negativity of this thread (and the pish about songs) is the fact that the playoffs have thrown up a bunch of great games - for the first time in ages I'm actually excited about going to the match.

QoS game wasn't the best football wise, but was generally pretty entertaining and certainly tense towards the end. Tonight and Saturday is for anybody to win or lose and then, whoever wins, the last game against Motherwell should be a great game for all the fans involved.

Scottish football doesn't get much right, but the playoffs this year have certainly been fantastic value!

TT