Qatar Airways Cup - Scotland V Qatar - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Qatar Airways Cup - Scotland V Qatar

tartanpar

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant wait till we play in Doha next year, I wonder if the SFA have us signed up for this to be a yearly tournament for the next 20 years.

IIRC the 2009 game v Japan in Yokohama was listed as a "Kirin Cup Challenge Match" and sure Japan were given a trophy at the end of the game, but sure there was something about it that Japan could only win it, as they had a game against a African nation at the same time also (IIRC its a double match program for the game)

IIRC the 2009 game v Japan in Yokohama was listed as a "Kirin Cup Challenge Match" and sure Japan were given a trophy at the end of the game, but sure there was something about it that Japan could only win it, as they had a game against a African nation at the same time also (IIRC its a double match program for the game)

i guess the other friendlies they have in the UK will also be qatar airways cup games then and the winner will be who has played the most games at the end of the tournament ;-)

I'm absolutely stunned at this.

It's incredible.

I mean really, who could possibly have believed that a cup would ever be seen at Easter Road?

Are we sure it's not April the first?

Surprised it took 16 hours for something like this tbh. I would've thought the Jambos would have been all over this like a dug wi a burst baw

Don't agree with us taking on this fixture. Gordon playing that old crap "politics is nothing to do with me". I'm a big fan of the wee man, but not on this one, whether he likes to admit it he knows sport and politics live together.

This is pathetic. Strachan on the radio tonight just avoided any questions about the politics of this. I can understand why, as SFA are paying his wages, but we are just prostituting ourselves for a few pieces of silver.

Or maybe he's keeping his mouth shut because he manages our football team and not our government, its not his place to speak about politics.

Too bad Levein isn't still coach... Could have been his big chance at claiming some silverware.

4-6-0, play for penalties.

Wonder if we'll get a friendly against Belarus soon to celebrate ditching the Human Rights Act?