Fao Phart - My Manly Week - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fao Phart - My Manly Week

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Free-dived the Mariana Trench last week after dropping my mobile phone down it the week before while canoeing between Japan and Papua New Guinea. .

Khana Lagur has officially usurped Donaldo 87's paint stirring stick.

Hi Phart,

After our wee to an fro the other week I thought it only fair to give you a run down on my manly week that I’ve just had.

Saturday – Arrived at Glasgow Airport, picked up a big manly motor and drove up to Inverness (extremely fast obvs) and picked up my mate from the Airport. Big manly bevvy session proceeded, Gellions for Schiehallion, Gunsmiths and Johnny Foxes. Got in a some ridiculously ungodly hour as all real men do.

Sunday – Drove up to Kylesku with a view to getting the legs going with a quick shimmy up Stac Pollaidh. Unfortunately it was pashin it doon in a horizontal fashion so we opted instead for several manly pints of Guiness in the Kylesku Hotel.

Monday – Suilven. Beautiful day. Fantastic hill and obvs partook in some hair-raising, manly scrambling.

Tuesday – Foinaven. Climbed all the feckin way up from Achfary to the start of the ridge. Ridge unseasonably covered in snow. Sh@t it. But sh@t it in a manly way. The kind of way Bear Grylls might have sh@t it.

Wednesday – Forcan Ridge/The Saddle. Climbed up to the ridge. Covered in snow. Sh@t it. Today we chose to $h1te it in more of a Steve Irwin sort of way for a bit of variety.

Thursday – 5 Sisters of Kintail. Given that the previous day we had been up to the Forcan Ridge where the Sisters were in full view, we had some prior knowledge that allowed us to $h1te it before we had even started, albeit in a tough “We’re family men with responsibilities, let’s not be stupid” kind of way. So instead we climbed Beinn Fhada which although had know on top we were able to conquer in a typically manly fashion.

Friday – Got pashed again.

What about you mate. Any good sodjer painting stories or the like.

In the interests of opening up to the wider TAMB, anyone else able to beat the manliness of my week?

That doesn't mean you're manly. It means you're one of these smelly outdoor weirdos, and you probably have a drink problem

Edited by At U Peter

I told my hugely hormonal wife, compounded by having just weaned the little one on to bottle, to take a breath and stop havering absolute p!sh during Real Juve. In for a penny, in for a pound proceeded to tell her there was no longer need to eat like a locust swarm now baby was feeding off bottles, plus with brother’s wedding two months away, might be the time to shed a couple pounds else we may need to hire a helicopter for group shots.

Sleeping on the couch with no blanket and no idea next time I’m going to get relations – manly as f**k.

Options on here to release pent up frustration seem to be: painting kids toys; climbing moderately sloped hills hungover or play World or Warcraft to the point of insomnia so may just apologise if she doesn’t cool down between now and me finishing the Godfather trilogy.

The best way to start a good manly day is by watching Will & Grace followed by Everybody Loves Raymond on Channel 4 every morning :ok:

Might take a walk doon Rouken Glen in an hour. See if anyone's dropped some litter in the rose garden.

I just went and read the whole thread that inspired this one. Can't believe I missed it first time round. In years to come "never judge a book by it's cover" will be replaced by "never judge a thread by it's title"!!

Probably not as much as you do

What a strange comment.

You just called someone an outdoors weirdo or something along those lines. Suggests to me you're and indoor weirdo

I told my hugely hormonal wife, compounded by having just weaned the little one on to bottle, to take a breath and stop havering absolute p!sh during Real Juve. In for a penny, in for a pound proceeded to tell her there was no longer need to eat like a locust swarm now baby was feeding off bottles, plus with brother’s wedding two months away, might be the time to shed a couple pounds else we may need to hire a helicopter for group shots.

Sleeping on the couch with no blanket and no idea next time I’m going to get relations – manly as f**k.

Options on here to release pent up frustration seem to be: painting kids toys; climbing moderately sloped hills hungover or play World or Warcraft to the point of insomnia so may just apologise if she doesn’t cool down between now and me finishing the Godfather trilogy.

It better be a good apology.

It better be a good apology.

I’m going to garden on Saturday in stonewash jeans, the ones that properly hug my backside to make it look 5 years perkier, and a white t-shirt. Drives her to levels of moderate arousal unheard of since our second wedding anniversary. During this I’m going to make small talk with the heaving breasted neighbour but one down. Then I’m going to come in and casually apologise whilst peeling off my sweat sodden t-shirt .

When this invariably doesn’t work it’ll likely descend into snivelling and grovelling rather than anything manly so will have no need to be disclosed on this thread. :ok:

What a strange comment.

You just called someone an outdoors weirdo or something along those lines. Suggests to me you're and indoor weirdo

It's not a strange comment. You spend a lot of your time indoors watching football on tv, supporting Barcelona from your sofa, unless you sit in the garden watching on sky go then I don't see what is strange about it.

I’m going to garden on Saturday in stonewash jeans, the ones that properly hug my backside to make it look 5 years perkier, and a white t-shirt. Drives her to levels of moderate arousal unheard of since our second wedding anniversary. During this I’m going to make small talk with the heaving breasted neighbour but one down. Then I’m going to come in and casually apologise whilst peeling off my sweat sodden t-shirt .

When this invariably doesn’t work it’ll likely descend into snivelling and grovelling rather than anything manly so will have no need to be disclosed on this thread. :ok:

We've all been there.

Ha ha. Either the self deprecating irony of my post was lost on you or I've just been double whooshed ya bass.

Oh no wait a minute. You didnae read it did you :-)

I've read it now. Sounds like you had a good week, if it's any consolation i'd not be attempting any snow-covered ridges either :ok:.To answer the question i changed the oil in my car on monday and put in a new filter. I also walked up preston road a few times which is pretty steep.

It's not a strange comment. You spend a lot of your time indoors watching football on tv, supporting Barcelona from your sofa, unless you sit in the garden watching on sky go then I don't see what is strange about it.

Most of the time im at work when i watch the football actually so not the worst way to earn money. Shite job granted. You have no idea about what i do with my free time, making an assumption because I support Barca is a bit ridiculous. I also support Killmarnock but less said there the better.

and if you are against "smelly outdoor weirdos" does that not mean you stay in a lot? Probably finger banging yer dug.