Transfer Rumours - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Can see why you might say rangers is a bad career choice now. I'm not sure i agree but can see the argument.

Don't think he has made any other bad career moves though. Anyone who says no to Liverpool is an idiot.

Could ask Lee Wallace if it's a bad move or not. It's a short career.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers have a spare £5m to spend on players since they voted to not pay their debt.

The debt is not due, so no necessity to pay it.

Do Aberdeen have a spare £Xm in the same amount as their debt to spend on players?

Or David Templeton. Or Ian Black. Or Fran Sandaza. Take your pick really.

Depends on how you assess the merits of a career move. Not sure any of those you mention have had their career adversely affected by signing for rangers. They probably wouldn't have gone to a bigger club or earned more money, so from a financial point of view, rangers was probably a great career move for them!

For Wilson, he should have a season in the championship then he's playing for the biggest club in the country in the premiership so not that bad a move! Assuming all goes to plan of course...

The debt is not due, so no necessity to pay it.

Do Aberdeen have a spare £Xm in the same amount as their debt to spend on players?

Yeah, Aberdeen have £0 to spend on players :ok:

Good signing for Rangers. You've got to ask questions about Wilson's ambition though, as he commits himself to another season (or maybe more) of pitting himself against the might of Alloa and Dumbarton.

He should be a Scotland regular by now, but he seems committed to bad career choices.

Why should he be a Scotland regular? He hasn't proved himself at anywhere resembling a decent level at club football yet?

He looked promising as a youngster. He looked decent in the second tier, and played every week in the team that romped the league. That's it as far as I can see though. I don't think there are too many Jambos (that watched him every single week) all that upset that he has left? I stand to be corrected on that but I'm sure Hannibal was pretty much saying 'good riddance' at the end of last season.

He is definitely better than what we have at the moment and is proven at this level, so I suppose it's a good signing for us. I'm not over the moon about it, as I'm still not convinced by him, but I think we also need to be realistic in the level we are at. He is still young and can still develop, which is what the new manager is looking for. He also played alongside Weir. I just wonder what influence he had over this one?

Depends on how you assess the merits of a career move. Not sure any of those you mention have had their career adversely affected by signing for rangers. They probably wouldn't have gone to a bigger club or earned more money, so from a financial point of view, rangers was probably a great career move for them

Well, I suppose they've made a few bucks. But Templeton and Black were on the verge of the Scotland squad. I don't see any rush for any club to sign them now. Rangers has been a dead end for their careers.

Sandaza has recovered, but it could easily have finished him off as well. Jon Daly, Kris Boyd, Lee Wallace could all still have been Premiership regulars if they hadn't been sucked into the Ibrox vortex.

Still, a few bucks though, eh?

Edited by adamntg