Transfer Rumours - Page 31 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 million :-)):-)):-)):-)):-)) thankyou citeh, now watch us waste most of it on Benteke :oops:

The 49m will equate to something like 32.5 guaranteed. So Sterling effectively pays for Benteke :yikes3: . Pedro plus one other would be better signings IMHO.

Out of the 49m, QPR are due 20% (and ive seen 25% mentioned in a few places). Plus 5-10m will be in the form of add-ons (appearances, trophies etc)

The 49m will equate to something like 32.5 guaranteed. So Sterling effectively pays for Benteke :yikes3: . Pedro plus one other would be better signings IMHO.

Out of the 49m, QPR are due 20% (and ive seen 25% mentioned in a few places). Plus 5-10m will be in the form of add-ons (appearances, trophies etc)

It's 44m now with 5m in add ons according to Sky, with about 9m of it going to QPR. Absolutely insane money for someone who hasn't really proved anything yet. Just shows how desperate City are for homegrown players, especially after Delph decided to stay at Villa.

It's 44m now with 5m in add ons according to Sky, with about 9m of it going to QPR. Absolutely insane money for someone who hasn't really proved anything yet. Just shows how desperate City are for homegrown players, especially after Delph decided to stay at Villa.

wages of £200k/wk. That's absolutely mental for a 20 year old. The wages at Man CIty, Man U and Chelsea are crazy.

I wonder how much Schweinsteiger will be getting at Man U

Is it not divided into 2 categories, home grown in the sense of being developed in that country i.e. England, and then there is home grown in the sense they were developed by the club in question, or was that just in Champ Manager?! Fabregas qualifies as home grown in terms of England

Read that Man U are buying Benteke and Chelsea are after Pedro, if you believe the papers that is!!

49 million :-)):-)):-)):-)):-)) thankyou citeh, now watch us waste most of it on Benteke :oops:

Ukrainian friend was saying Yarmalenko from Dynamo Kyiv to Liverpool has been talked about over there a lot for last few months (Dynamo want about 35m Euros)

wages of £200k/wk. That's absolutely mental for a 20 year old. The wages at Man CIty, Man U and Chelsea are crazy.

I seriously doubt he'll be on anywhere near that as a basic at City. The wage structure was changed 2 years ago to make it far more bonus driven. He will probably be on £200k a week if City win the League, both Cups & the Champions League which clearly isn't going to happen.

City probably need another young English player as well, so I wouldn't be surprised to see another ridiculous fee in the next couple of weeks - probably for Wilshere or Barkley.

It bemuses me that folk assess entitlement to be paid based on someones age, rather than their ability.

ability and experience go hand hand in hand though

I'm the opposite - it bemues why 20/23 years olds at work, think they should get paid same wage as someone with 20 years experiience, without realising that people get paid, not for what they do, but what they can do, when crap hits the fan

I'm the opposite - it bemues why 20/23 years olds at work, think they should get paid same wage as someone with 20 years experiience, without realising that people get paid, not for what they do, but what they can do, when crap hits the fan

I don't judge folk on their age but their ability. I'm a QS. The best QS i've worked with is only 28.

I'd add that in football, being young is even less of a factor in the ability of a player.

I don't judge folk on their age but their ability. I'm a QS. The best QS i've worked with is only 28.

I'd add that in football, being young is even less of a factor in the ability of a player.

I think football is "different" from the majority of workplaces though and it's widely accepted that you have to "earn your stripes" before you can start demanding ludicrous remuneration.

It bemuses me that folk assess entitlement to be paid based on someones age, rather than their ability.

Rewards should be based on neither ago nor ability but on contribution.

crikey, another brick counter.