New Strips - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Liking the new Adidas shirts so far this year, The New Middlesboro top looks the business. Happily take a dark blue version of this for the new Scotland top.

feature-2488-575.jpg

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liking the new Adidas shirts so far this year, The New Middlesboro top looks the business. Happily take a dark blue version of this for the new Scotland top.

feature-2488-575.jpg

Aberdeen fans, would you not have preferred this as your home kit to the one they are getting?

Dundee United - It's a wonder they got this out so early considering how much time has gone in to designing it.

scottsmithlong-581x1024.png

Oh dear, that's a bit crap. Will stick with this seasons one as I think it's a cracker and the best one we have had in ages. Might get this seasons away kit if they start reducing the price.

Why do Ipswich have 3 stars on their badge?

From wiki

"These stars were added to represent the three major trophies which Ipswich Town have won; the FA Cup, the UEFA Cup and the old Division One. The stars were relocated directly above the crest when the shirt was redesigned prior to the 200708 season.[54]"

From wiki

"These stars were added to represent the three major trophies which Ipswich Town have won; the FA Cup, the UEFA Cup and the old Division One. The stars were relocated directly above the crest when the shirt was redesigned prior to the 200708 season.[54]"

That's worse than Aberdeens or The Rangers respective excuses for stars.

Star = European Cups won. Nothing else.

J

That's worse than Aberdeens or The Rangers respective excuses for stars.

Star = European Cups won. Nothing else.

J

Surely the precedence should be set by whoever did it first and why? This happened to be Juventus, who added one star above their badge in the 50's, to represent their 10th league title.

If we go by the same rule, the old Rangers were entitled to show 5 stars and the new Rangers equally entitled, if it is officially recognised that they can keep all titles won pre-liquidation. That's an argument that will go on forever.

Of course, there have been many different interpretations adopted since Juventus did it, including Aberdeen's. I am an Aberdeen fan and I am proud of their history. I can, however, take or leave the stars above our badge. It is more important to me what we do now and in the future.