Tomorrow Sun - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Scottish rag, to be fair, has been quite warm towards the Nationalists. Andy Nicoll in particular.

Strange given the hatred shown by the English version. I hear that the Liecord seems to be softening its tone as well. That said, they can fk right off after their coverage during indyref. Not to mention The Vow.

badger sake. Anyone seen it?

English one had Mckenzie bigotted column slating Scotland. Tomorrow's Scottish front page is w@nking over the SNP.

Fcuking rag.

Mckenzie / Scum rag / would rather wear a Man Utd top on with Rooney on the back and shave my arse with a broken bottle than read that feckin rag.

If they wrote they want Nicola for PM don't trust that shite

The Sun are tabloid whoring glory hunters.

If they see a winner, they'll back it, doesn't matter what the party or cause.

The Record is just as bad, backing Labour until it seems like they're a lame duck and then softening their stance.

Ever since W.R. Hearst was on the wrong side of the biggest landslide in American history and it nearly finished his empire, though, tabloids know it doesn't do well to back a loser.

The Scottish rag, to be fair, has been quite warm towards the Nationalists. Andy Nicoll in particular.

Strange given the hatred shown by the English version.

They have totally different editorial teams, it's the same paper in name only...

They have totally different editorial teams, it's the same paper in name only...

That's good enough for me, and owned by the same media conglomerate.

This actually makes my blood boil. Thing is there are morons out there who buy this pish hook line and sinker, just look at "the vow".

Tabloid scumbags!

Thank for the net and social media.

J

Mckenzie / Scum rag / would rather wear a Man Utd top on with Rooney on the back and shave my arse with a broken bottle than read that feckin rag.

If they wrote they want Nicola for PM don't trust that shite

Wot the bin dipper said - except the United bit. :ok:

Newspaper in "Sticking whatever sells paper" on their front page shocker

Becoming basically impossible for the Scottish papers not to soften their stance when over 50% of their readers are planning to vote SNP!

Exactly. Shameful but entirely predictable.

Without knowing the figures, I'd imagine the Sun's readership will produce a higher SNP vote than the 50% of the polls.

It seems to me that the Record has also taken a noticeably less abrasive approach towards NS and SNP in the last couple of weeks. It'll be interesting to see their next 4 front covers and editorial.

So the English are leaning towards the Tories, and SNP are going to smash Scotland.

Sounds about right.

Strange that the Sun is the only English Tory paper to have embraced this difference in opinion. As mentioned previously I appreciate there’s an editorial difference between the UK and Scottish editions (as defended by Andy Nicoll on TV last night) but it’s a situation that is good for the Conservatives IMO.

I’m surprised the likes of the Mail and Express in Scotland with their rabid anti-SNP headlines up here haven’t tempered that a bit. I think the Tory's strategy of bigging up the SNP bogeyman could well help Cameron win an overall majority and so I think it would be in the Tory papers' interests to make sure the SNP support remains strong in Scotland (although it’s looking unlikely to tail off now).

Edited by Toepoke

Strange that the Sun is the only English Tory paper to have embraced this difference in opinion. As mentioned previously I appreciate theres an editorial difference between the UK and Scottish editions (as defended by Andy Nicoll on TV last night) but its a situation that is good for the Conservatives IMO.

Im surprised the likes of the Mail and Express in Scotland with their rabid anti-SNP headlines up here havent tempered that a bit. I think the Tory's strategy of bigging up the SNP bogeyman could well help Cameron win an overall majority and so I think it would be in the Tory papers' interests to make sure the SNP support remains strong in Scotland (although its looking unlikely to tail off now).

No chance of the Tories getting an overall majority. IMO at best they might be slightly the biggest party in WM, but no overall majority by any party.

My hunch, and I'm going on a limb here, is a slight Labour biggest party, with either way, many deals having to be made.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby