Bournemouth V Bolton - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

live down here in Bournemouth follow them when l can get time off work as l work weekends at times anyway all the best to them tonight it was only 6 years ago that they nearly went bust and the fans had collection buckets outside the ground win tonight and there up as they have a far superior goal difference mon the cherries

Might be wrong but I thing they have been cautious with there spending rather than splashing it about. Carry talking about how a lot of the players were being overlooked by there clubs but the manager got them in and molded them into a team

They've not thrown money at it.

They've players who played with them in bottom tier.

And the others were brought in for peanuts from the likes of Swindon Woking and Coventry.

A breath of fresh air in the poisonous world of English football.

Great for the club and even if they lose every game in the EPL, overthe next 4 years with the parachute payments they will get £ 190,000000.

I know it's obscene but that's what Sky TV can do

<div id="fb-root"></div><script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script><div class="fb-video" data-allowfullscreen="true" data-href="/michael.dickson.79230/videos/vb.100004094379645/688066018006538/?type=1"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><blockquote cite="/michael.dickson.79230/videos/688066018006538/"><a href="/michael.dickson.79230/videos/688066018006538/"></a><p>Haha what an absolute hero the Bournemouth chairman is!</p>Posted by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/michael.dickson.79230">MichaelDickson</a> on Monday, 27 April 2015</blockquote></div></div>

Look at their chairman going crazy! :lol:

Anya cant even get a game in the Championship.

Agreed, however he will be perfect for their set up in prem as they will inevitably be a counter attacking side. At present they are a team that tends to dominate possession and teams sit in against them. Like with Scotland anya has been at his weakest under these conditions. He thrieves upon the counter attacking game and as such I'd like to think, hope, that he'll do rather well in a different team set up.

And the others were brought in for peanuts from the likes of Swindon Woking and Coventry.

A breath of fresh air in the poisonous world of English football.

agreed mate the guy who owns Bournemouth has got few bob a Russian but has his head screwed on he has not went daft at throwing money at players although he did spend £5 million on a house in sandbanks only to knock it down and build a new one right next to uncle Harry rednapp who was once the the manager at Bournemouth where did it all go wrong array lol well done the cherries shame I can't have a few more swallys the night up at 5.30 in the morning

Is my memory playing tricks or did Bournemouth play in the top league back in the 70s?...

No, they never have. I think what you might remember is the big fuss that was made after they beat Margate 11-0 and Ted McDougall scored nine of their goals. I think their cup campaign might have lasted a wee bit longer. Ted went on to play for Man Utd., West Ham and Norwich as well as being capped for Scotland seven times scoring three times.

No, they never have. I think what you might remember is the big fuss that was made after they beat Margate 11-0 and Ted McDougall scored nine of their goals. I think their cup campaign might have lasted a wee bit longer. Ted went on to play for Man Utd., West Ham and Norwich as well as being capped for Scotland seven times scoring three times.

I mind Ted playing for Southampton at the end of his career, was a bit too young to have memories of him before that. I did have an old MotD VHS compilation with the below goal on it, maybe that's where I got the idea of Bournemouth in Division 1...