Orange Walk - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this clip in Northern Ireland or Scotland? My guess is NI where the Lambeg is rooted in the history of both communities.

Routed in both communities ? Aye about as much as marching is routed in both communities ie not very much in the national community

If it was the one that was to be held in Aberdeen close to St Andrews day then it had nothing to do with any football supporters group.A member of our group who applied for a counter march on the same day and same rout as the Orange Walk who got it stopped. The council would not allow our march so decided to stop both.

Nope, absolutely ####in true. Cockwombles (and that goes for GCC too).

http://athousandflowers.net/2015/06/01/orangefest-set-to-take-over-glasgow-this-saturday/

I don't get this obsession GCC have with using George Sq for everything. Glasgow is full of open, public spaces. Or better yet, as other people have suggested already, hold the thing in a stadium. That way, anyone who doesn't wish to have this nonsense inflicted upon them can go about their business in peace.

Still, at least they are getting rid of those ghastly steps at the top of Buchanan St. Good old GCC, they can always be counted on to get their priorities right. :rolleyes:

The only way to stop these marches on the streets is to replace the Labour run Council with an SNP run Council.

:lol:

What SNP councils have stopped marches in other parts of the country?

:lol:

What SNP councils have stopped marches in other parts of the country?

As much as Orange Walks annoy the hell out of me, I'd prefer to allow them to keep marching, albeit less often.

I'd far rather folk had their bigotry on display in the full light of day rather than hidden, then at least society knows who they are and what they believe.

As much as Orange Walks annoy the hell out of me, I'd prefer to allow them to keep marching, albeit less often.

I'd far rather folk had their bigotry on display in the full light of day rather than hidden, then at least society knows who they are and what they believe.

I don't necessarily disagree, i'm just challenging Peever to back up his claim that the SNP would stop them with some evidence.

The only way to stop these marches on the streets is to replace the Labour run Council with an SNP run Council.

I might convey my feelings on the matter via email to my local Irish republican SNP councillor. :)

a) this will all go off decently, respectfully and peacefully

B) it will all kick off in a pit of sleazy anti-catholic sentiment, alcohol and violence

for which we can hold the council officials responsible for encouraging this........

I see it's got attractions for bairns. What kind of mad badger would take their kids to this kind of shite? :lol:

The bigoted kind, whose kid's got a Rangers shirt over his head minutes after leaving the womb and a UVF tattoo on his forearm by his first birthday :worried:

Edited by redstevie007