Orange Walk - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully changed days if Glasgow City Council goes SNP in 2017.

Time these racist, bigoted khunts were banished into obscurity for evermore. And before anyone starts, I speak from personal experience in witnessing the behaviour of family members who were members of this despicable organisation, one of which refused to speak to me for two years for having the temerity of going out with a Roman Catholic.

Hopefully changed days if Glasgow City Council goes SNP in 2017.

Time these racist, bigoted khunts were banished into obscurity for evermore. And before anyone starts, I speak from personal experience in witnessing the behaviour of family members who were members of this despicable organisation, one of which refused to speak to me for two years for having the temerity of going out with a Roman Catholic.

I doubt it would change. I'm in an SNP council area, there was a walk two weeks ago on Saturday, and there's one this Saturday.

They were out practicing the other week. Probably the only time in my life I've been called a Fenian bastirt (Scotland polo shirt on) :lol:

Me and my auld man were walking back into town after a Scotland game and we were called "Fenian bastards" and "Scottish khunts" from fairly ugly looking folk with Scottish accents standing outside a The Rangers pub... Aye.

They were out practicing the other week. Probably the only time in my life I've been called a Fenian bastirt (Scotland polo shirt on) :lol:

I got called a "fenian" by NI fans because i wouldn't pose with their Union Jack. :lol:

If you want to enjoy your weekend why not come to Montrose.Its MoFest weekend . More than 170 bands playing Saturday and Sunday in the pubs and main stage on High Street.

https://youtu.be/ylr_lAtw7vU

It's fascinating watching this stuff. The people are a whole anthropological study in themselves. And why are there so many trees growing out of the walls in Glasgow?

I've always wondered what the toursts must make of this shite? But trying to think objectively about it, from their perspective, it's probably not that bad. Imagine you were in Salzburg or Bratislava or somewhere and they had a big march in the town and everyone was singing along, we'd think it was brilliant. Ok, so they might be singing about burning jews or hanging gypsies or killing catholics or whatever but I wouldn't understand it and all I'd see is a jolly bunch of fat balding people. What's the harm? Am I being too optimistic?

As a kid the sounds of the drums in the distance coming down the Govan Rd was simply incredible. At that age all thoughts of religion and hatred never entered your heard. I imagine we can learn a lot from the good people of Donegal who positively embrace Orangism as part of the very fabric of their history. Of course there is no excuse for loutish and unacceptable behaviour from marchers and followers alike. The full weight of the law should be applied.

https://youtu.be/ylr_lAtw7vU

It's fascinating watching this stuff. The people are a whole anthropological study in themselves. And why are there so many trees growing out of the walls in Glasgow?

I've always wondered what the toursts must make of this shite? But trying to think objectively about it, from their perspective, it's probably not that bad. Imagine you were in Salzburg or Bratislava or somewhere and they had a big march in the town and everyone was singing along, we'd think it was brilliant. Ok, so they might be singing about burning jews or hanging gypsies or killing catholics or whatever but I wouldn't understand it and all I'd see is a jolly bunch of fat balding people. What's the harm? Am I being too optimistic?

It's not called the dear green place for nothing you know.