Polls - Page 40 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I am sticking with my prediction of a Tory win (maybe needing the yellow Tories to help push them over the line). It looks like the Tories are winning the key marginals down south. And that's not opinion polls telling us that, it's real votes.

https://archive.is/2uETy

If Labour do hold half their Scottish seats it would be unbearable

Probably the over 65s that secured a no vote are the same that save Labour

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£25 an hour for labour leafleting .

snp free , voluntary.

Seriously?

Haven't seen many of either out and about but I have been nightshift and sleeping all day.

If the tories win but SNP win big in Scotland I can't see the union surviving

either way it would a Red or Blue Tory government both are as bad as each other in government ... hoping for the end result that would be good a grand coalition would kill the union even faster

Edited by FuNsTeR

I think folk have missed the libdem tactics out , or think they are an irrelevance .

if ed joins with the libs he has more than the tory seats and doesn't need snp votes , therefore saving the union ,and i can't see cameron taking sides with Uprick . But you never know!

I think folk have missed the libdem tactics out , or think they are an irrelevance .

if ed joins with the libs he has more than the tory seats and doesn't need snp votes , therefore saving the union ,and i can't see cameron taking sides with Uprick . But you never know!

Labour and lib dem projected seats fall a good bit short of a majority. So would be no use to labour. They would most likely need the support of a large group of SNP mp's either way.

Labour and lib dem projected seats fall a good bit short of a majority. So would be no use to labour. They would most likely need the support of a large group of SNP mp's either way.

Ed didn't just rule out a deal with the SNP, he ruled out a deal with ANYONE! They were discussing it on R4 yesterday morning.

It's almost like he doesn't want to be PM

Unless you listen to Natalie McGarry :wink2:

Was it not the young lassie standing against Dougie Alexander. She said it was a stepping stone and she's right. This election might not be about independence directly but of course the SNP doing well here is a step towards it.

Was it not the young lassie standing against Dougie Alexander. She said it was a stepping stone and she's right. This election might not be about independence directly but of course the SNP doing well here is a step towards it.

In what way?

In what way?

Well even though it shouldn't be the case support for independence and support for the SNP are closely linked. That is why you have these unionists and the #snpout nonsense, tactical voting pages etc. If it wasn't then they wouldn't care how many seats the SNP won. If support for the SNP had collapsed to say 20% and they won no seats that would be seen as a killer blow for future independence. This keeps it at the forefront if the main independence supporting party is winning a majority of votes and seats. For independence to happen we need an SNP majority, or majority of independence supporting MSP's in the future. This is a very good platform for that. It also gives the party and in turn independence more credability. It perhaps shouldn't be the case but for many it is. In the Yes shop in Inverness on Sat we had someone come in who voted no but now regrets it so said he is voting for the SNP for the first time ever becasue he now supports independence. Obviously we need a couple of hundred thousand people like him but it's a start.

Also the SNP will do what they can to secure more powers for Scotland which might help relieve some doubt in some of our capability to govern ourselves. It helps legitimise it and maybe show that it wouldn't be all fire and destruction if we had these powers.

#KatyClarkOut

Edited by iainmac1

Maybe getting powers to have ffa ? , that would be a start !

That could be as equally counter productive against full independence than it is to support the idea.

Well even though it shouldn't be the case support for independence and support for the SNP are closely linked. That is why you have these unionists and the #snpout nonsense, tactical voting pages etc. If it wasn't then they wouldn't care how many seats the SNP won. If support for the SNP had collapsed to say 20% and they won no seats that would be seen as a killer blow for future independence. This keeps it at the forefront if the main independence supporting party is winning a majority of votes and seats. For independence to happen we need an SNP majority, or majority of independence supporting MSP's in the future. This is a very good platform for that. It also gives the party and in turn independence more credability. It perhaps shouldn't be the case but for many it is. In the Yes shop in Inverness on Sat we had someone come in who voted no but now regrets it so said he is voting for the SNP for the first time ever becasue he now supports independence. Obviously we need a couple of hundred thousand people like him but it's a start.

Also the SNP will do what they can to secure more powers for Scotland which might help relieve some doubt in some of our capability to govern ourselves. It helps legitimise it and maybe show that it wouldn't be all fire and destruction if we had these powers.

I can see sense in what you're saying. Obviously there are powers I don't want an SNP government getting their hands on, and others I wouldn't mind seeing in Holyrood, but it's not overly important for me just now. Holyrood 2016 is the more important election personally, I want to see a contingent of SLP and TUSC elected to show that progressive policy is electable in Scotland.

As I detest Labour I would rather see Cameron in #10.The more he hurts Scotland the more chance we have in ref #2.

... Well you're a Tory so that's not surprising. I'd like to think that's not a view shared by the majority of independence supporters, but I fear I'm mistaken.

McGarry said it when interviewed with Curran last week in Tollcross

I want to see a contingent of SLP and TUSC elected to show that progressive policy is electable in Scotland.

I'm probably being dense, but.... who are SLP?!