I Don't Think The Heil Are Keen On Nicola - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I Don't Think The Heil Are Keen On Nicola

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. James Cook has consistently been one of the first journos to break ranks on major stories, including the current leak from the Scottish Office. Unfortunately, the hard of thinking still give him abuse even when he's showing a story up to be bull$hit and Sturgeon has had to leap to his defence.

Good guy!

Yep. James Cook has consistently been one of the first journos to break ranks on major stories, including the current leak from the Scottish Office. Unfortunately, the hard of thinking still give him abuse even when he's showing a story up to be bull$hit and Sturgeon has had to leap to his defence.

Good guy!

Can you give us some examples of this "abuse" from the "hard of thinking"?

Can you give us some examples of this "abuse" from the "hard of thinking"?

Nope. Pretty much because I don't have to explain myself to others about what I read. If people doubt that it was abuse or that Im exaggerating, fair enough. But I read more than a few responses from people being completely unreasonably toward James Cook and questioning his journalistic integrity. IMO, James Cook was one of the stand out journalists during #indyref and continues to do a fine job in what must be pretty difficult times for good journalists, especially those at the BBC.

The fact that Nicola Sturgeon jumped to his defence criticising those who have given him abuse or questioned his professionalism should be telling enough.

The SNP and Yes support really is quite fanatical at times and it's about time some of it were kept more in check.

Cook is always punting 'the SNP brought the Labour Governement down in 1979' line, omitting to add 34 of their own voted against them.

His interview with Sturgeon on Saturday at George Square was right out the State Broadcaster's handbook.

He's the best out a disgraceful mob, but he's no saint.

Nope. Pretty much because I don't have to explain myself to others about what I read. If people doubt that it was abuse or that Im exaggerating, fair enough. But I read more than a few responses from people being completely unreasonably toward James Cook and questioning his journalistic integrity. IMO, James Cook was one of the stand out journalists during #indyref and continues to do a fine job in what must be pretty difficult times for good journalists, especially those at the BBC.

The fact that Nicola Sturgeon jumped to his defence criticising those who have given him abuse or questioned his professionalism should be telling enough.

The SNP and Yes support really is quite fanatical at times and it's about time some of it were kept more in check.

Two so far that I know of.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/a-not-so-happy-easter-bunny/

It would be useful to get a list of all this abuse so that we can see how big the problem is. Of course, just because all this abuse appears to be coming from so called "cybernats" doesn't mean it really is. If it bothers you so much, you could always report it to the police so that they might track down the culprits and deal with them accordingly. If this abuse actually exists the people doing it might not be as "hard of thinking" as you seem to think they are.

Nope. Pretty much because I don't have to explain myself to others about what I read.

Could you not just point us in the direction of where you read it so that we can judge for ourselves? We might even be able to track some of them down and persuade them to stop?

Could you not just point us in the direction of where you read it so that we can judge for ourselves? We might even be able to track some of them down and persuade them to stop?

Or, you could just disregard my opinion and continue to assume it was restricted to one or two people. And just because something is not worthy of wasting police time, doesn't mean it's not abuse. I think James Cook is a good journalist and Nicola Sturgeon thinks so too - that both have objected to the abuse he's received might be an indication that it actually happened.

But sure, continue to demand evidence. I really dont care enough to waste any time browsing through Twitter feed or justifying my opinion. ;)

Or, you could just disregard my opinion and continue to assume it was restricted to one or two people. And just because something is not worthy of wasting police time, doesn't mean it's not abuse. I think James Cook is a good journalist and Nicola Sturgeon thinks so too - that both have objected to the abuse he's received might be an indication that it actually happened.

But sure, continue to demand evidence. I really dont care enough to waste any time browsing through Twitter feed or justifying my opinion. ;)

Nae offence Auld_Reekie, but you've come across as a bit of a phanny here. Just my 2p. I think Orraloon has been perfectly fair and open and it's you that's taken the defensive stance/tone. Weird.

Edited by phart

James Cook screwed-up when he questioned Sturgeon about prominent SNP members who he claimed had told him that they would prefer Cameron for tactical reasons. He gave an obvious untrue and denied smear story legs by seeking to take it in a different direction of his own accord.

You don't need to be a genius to figure that there must be some within SNP who would tactically prefer Cameron but Cook's job was to report on the smear and not to fulfill the purpose of the smear by opening up another line of attack that could destabilise SNP support.

CB6qToFW8AAvo16.jpg

James Cook screwed-up when he questioned Sturgeon about prominent SNP members who he claimed had told him that they would prefer Cameron for tactical reasons. He gave an obvious untrue and denied smear story legs by seeking to take it in a different direction of his own accord.

You don't need to be a genius to figure that there must be some within SNP who would tactically prefer Cameron but Cook's job was to report on the smear and not to fulfill the purpose of the smear by opening up another line of attack that could destabilise SNP support.

So you don't think its a valid question for a journalist to ask then?

Bearing in mind that in asking the question, it gives the SNP an opportunity to discredit it - which is of course what happened.

So you don't think its a valid question for a journalist to ask then?

Bearing in mind that in asking the question, it gives the SNP an opportunity to discredit it - which is of course what happened.

this though wasn't the story

the story was clearly to seek out and expose whom crafted the memo and put it out there when she was flying highest with obvious intention

he though chose to question her about what he did exposing his agenda

I have always like Cook and thought he did a great job during the referendum but don't think this was one of his better moments to be honest.

I think he got in a bit of a fankle over it but I still think it was a valid question to put to the FM but for people to suggest that James Cook is biased against the SNP/Indy is pretty wide of the mark and when Nicola Sturgeon, Alex Salmond and Wings all come out in support of him that tends to suggest he's not. I'm not convinced he is particularly Yes-leaning, more that in contrast to some of his colleagues it looks that way.

Still gives an excuse to post this belter up again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiYEMM2ot3w

Nae offence Auld_Reekie, but you've come across as a bit of a phanny here. Just my 2p. I think Orraloon has been perfectly fair and open and it's you that's taken the defensive stance/tone. Weird.

:-))

Fair play - I see what you did there.

Vague unsubstantiated shyte. Put up or shut up.

:-)) Aye? Really?