Hearts To Have 'save The Children' On Next Season's Tops - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hearts To Have 'save The Children' On Next Season's Tops

Interesting to see how some fans of one or two other clubs react to this.

Why would anyone care about what Hearts have on their shirts ? :blink:

Edit : Actually, that's not true. IMHO they were wrong to have a pay day lender as a sponsor. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, but I would have been disgruntled if my club stooped to that.

Edited by Rossy

Why would anyone care about what Hearts have on their shirts ? :blink:

Edit : Actually, that's not true. IMHO they were wrong to have a pay day lender as a sponsor. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, but I would have been disgruntled if my club stooped to that.

Is cash converters ok?

I think it's a bit of a red neck, but never really thought of it ethically.

The colours tie in reasonably well, which is good, as I'm still haunted by the awful Fly Zoom logos.

:-)) I don't care, but...

Having said that, if I'm honest I was never comfortable with Wonga as a sponsor.

It wasn't really 'caring' as such, it was only an observation.

I have a personal bee in my bonnet about payday lenders/pawn shops etc etc...they're vultures picking over the bones of those in difficult situations. I find them detestable, and whereas we all know that football has no moral scruples at all, I think to give them the publicity of advertising is simply wrong.

Maybe others think the same about online betting companies etc etc sponsoring their shirts. I'm equally sure many others don't care at all... :blink:

Edited by Rossy

It wasn't really 'caring' as such, it was only an observation.

I have a personal bee in my bonnet about payday lenders/pawn shops etc etc...they're vultures picking over the bones of those in difficult situations. I find them detestable, and whereas we all know that football has no moral scruples at all, I think to give them the publicity of advertising is simply wrong.

Maybe others think the same about online betting companies etc etc sponsoring their shirts. I'm equally sure many others don't care at all... :blink:

Wonga were seemingly very good sponsors for Hearts but I must admit to wishing at the time we had managed to get someone a little less 'grubby' for want of a better word. Having said that I don't have a problem with pay-day lenders as long as they are regulated and, now that their maximum interest charges have been severely restricted they are much better. As some have said, it was either them or a loan-shark (Yes I know some of them were not much better)

I'm surprised Giblet and co have not been on yet havering about hearts stealing from charities in the past

:-)) Glad to see you have a conscience.

btw, another good decision from Budge.

Edited by giblet

:-)) Glad to see you have a conscience.

btw, another good decision from Budge.

She certainly seems to be an interesting character.

Sound business sense and a social conscience.

Hope it carries on the way it appears to be going for the Jambos.