After A Bit Of Advice - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ah right.

I bought my wife to be a silver vase that could hold a single rose and had the base engraved. :barf::wub::P

Apologies for missing this sensible post. :lol: something like that might be a no bad shout, something a bit more romantic than tickets for something. Cheers :ok:

Hey I wish you luck daddybuc

I just think it is shagging outrageous that you think 'still getting to see your sons if she chooses to be reasonable' is an option for you. What if she decides to be unreasonable, where are you then?

Don't you see. It is you who is treated like a second class citizen. All responsibilities and no rights.

Ok by chance I am reading...

http://www.amazon.com/Men-Strike-Boycotting-Marriage-Fatherhood/dp/1594037620

(a link from the Sexodus articles)

Recommended reading for anyone thinking of getting married.

Men are getting ####ed over and it is time for us to go ####in mental. :wink2:

I know, cheers :ok: acht i'm sure i'll be fine.

remember your pre nupt number 1: never prohibit me from going to any Scotland Game,

Prenupt number 2: yes honey I will take you to a game someday (what you really mean is never)

Prenupt number 3 forbid her from putting your cloths into plastic bags and throwing them out the windae (without ironing them first) when you defy her by going to a Scotland game.

and your answer re buying her a wedding gift......... ffs ya dinny wan a spoil her

Try this website:

http://www.notonthehighstreet.com

Some of it's a bit gay frankly, but brownie points to be had if you choose wisely. I got my missus a framed lyrics presentation of our wedding song (Life With You).

Cheers redstevie, will have a wee swatch. Think i'm moving off the idea of the tickets.

remember your pre nupt number 1: never prohibit me from going to any Scotland Game,

Prenupt number 2: yes honey I will take you to a game someday (what you really mean is never) [b/]

Prenupt number 3 forbid her from putting your cloths into plastic bags and throwing them out the windae (without ironing them first) when you defy her by going to a Scotland game.

and your answer re buying her a wedding gift......... ffs ya dinny wan a spoil her

Good shout. And if we weren't getting married this year i would have taken her to gibralter game by bribing her with a week in the algarve.:lol:

Listen up prince dumbo. If you get this wrong it will be the biggest mistake of your life which you will severely regret. The law is seriously stacked against you as a man in a marriage agreement to the point where you'd be foolish to enter one. Saying that you are probably common law married anyway but not sure if that is equally as ed. Your rights as a single man are not much better by the way, marriage just deepens your legal ####edness. I realize men and women have still got to get it on but seriously we need a man's rights movement and about 20 years ago. We need to redefine the arrangement because right now if I was a young lad I would go Galt. You will be all smiles and jokes until she shafts you and then you will be shocked at how stacked against you it is.

Congrats! :ok:

There's an element of truth in this but the law has moved on in many respects in recent times. But I'd probably still agree divorce is stacked against men.

What you go into a marriage with you keep if you come out of it. It's only a division of the acquired assets during the marriage or any increase in value of a previously owned asset, such as a house that's in one partner's name only, that get's split.

What adds difficulty to divorce settlements is kids and common law living before the marriage.

Strange coincidence, but I was sitting next to a Scottish family law lawyer coming back from Jo'burg yesterday and she was telling me pre-nups are few and far between in Scotland (more in use in England) for reasons outlined in par 2.

For 11 years i have managed to somehow keep a methil woman (relatively) happy which in itself is an achievement. A bit of paper maybe fecks me over if it all goes tits up, but as long as i still got to see my sons (which i'm sure that she would be reasonable enough to agree to) then every other part of the shafting i can work around.

Be careful with that son part. I used to think the same about my ex-wife. She was great at first with our son but then as soon as she met someone else to complete her "family" I suddenly became cast aside as that male role model she needed in her son's life. :worried:

Hey I wish you luck daddybuc.

I just think it is shagging outrageous that you think 'still getting to see your sons if she chooses to be reasonable' is an option for you. What if she decides to be unreasonable, where are you then?

Don't you see. It is you who is treated like a second class citizen. All responsibilities and no rights.

Ok by chance I am reading...

http://www.amazon.com/Men-Strike-Boycotting-Marriage-Fatherhood/dp/1594037620

(a link from the Sexodus articles)

Recommended reading for anyone thinking of getting married.

Men are getting ####ed over and it is time for us to go ####in mental. :wink2:

that book reminds me of an experiment with rats done, i read about recently, can't mind where i saw the idea first

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun

http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/22514/1/2308Ramadams.pdf

The 2nd document is a word document to an appraisal of the experiments.

Basically observations of rats , and when population gets too dense. Homosexuality rises, males stop pairing with females, females stop looking after their young, and eventually the last rats are asexual and magnificiently clean and "healthy" but no longer really acting like rats, the beautiful people they are called.

I got my wife an expensive handbag, then for our 1st anniversary I got her a matching purse.

She got me a place in the football aid game at Hampden, scored the opening goal (back post header), set up the 2nd (chased my own clearance to the corner flag, was so knackered when I got to it, I rolled it to my nearest team mate that hit a cross come shot in the top corner). Was really chuffed, because I was just hoping not to embarrass myself!

I didn't get my wife anything for our wedding day (she was already getting me, how could I top that!) but I did get her a nice Tiffany bracelet for our first anniversary by way of compensation!

To be honest, weddings are expensive enough and getting presents for each other is just a needless addition to that.

i think traditionalt its meant to be aomething silver. As the abovr has said, wedding are far too expenaive. If i evwr get married ill he going as basic as possible, or off to the top of a mountain.

that book reminds me of an experiment with rats done, i read about recently, can't mind where i saw the idea first

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun

http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/22514/1/2308Ramadams.pdf

The 2nd document is a word document to an appraisal of the experiments.

Basically observations of rats , and when population gets too dense. Homosexuality rises, males stop pairing with females, females stop looking after their young, and eventually the last rats are asexual and magnificiently clean and "healthy" but no longer really acting like rats, the beautiful people they are called.

That experiment gets a mention by one of the blokes she interviews in the book. I also read about it recently, we must be reading the same articles.

I didn't get my wife anything for our wedding day (she was already getting me, how could I top that!) but I did get her a nice Tiffany bracelet for our first anniversary by way of compensation!

To be honest, weddings are expensive enough and getting presents for each other is just a needless addition to that.

My reckoning was that another few quid was throwing a deck chair off the titanic!