How Many People Still Require Tickets For This One - Page 2 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How Many People Still Require Tickets For This One

More than disapponted , absolutely furious!!!! Have only just found out as we were away and Mary was checking emails. She is livid as the email didn't even come in the personal mail but in the rubbish advertising mails. She has already sent a desperate email to a friend in Ireland o see if he can get 2 tickets for the home end --This game would have been our 10 points .

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than disapponted , absolutely furious!!!! Have only just found out as we were away and Mary was checking emails. She is livid as the email didn't even come in the personal mail but in the rubbish advertising mails. She has already sent a desperate email to a friend in Ireland o see if he can get 2 tickets for the home end --This game would have been our 10 points .

Same here, this would have been me on 10 points.

Ive looked back and I did get the Squad Announcement email, and the Ireland tickets is tagged onto the bottom of it. Its my fault for not reading it, but I think its the first time that they have done that, plus I get that much absolute utter shyte from them that its easily missed.

Seems utterly ridiculous to me.

Bloody hell. There's some well kent faces on here who have missed out because of that appallingly laid out e-mail, combined with the short notice period.

J

I'm usually first to defend the SFA/SSC when it comes to ticketing arrangements, collections etc but on this occasion they got it way wrong and people have missed out on tickets as a result.

I am extremely relieved that I'm not one of them but as I have said previously that was by pure luck that I saw this thread.

I really can't understand their reasoning behind the way they have sold these tickets. It's almost as if they know that a lot of people don't read half their e=mails and wanted to teach them a lesson by tagging something so important on to the end of one of them. That way ensuring that there is a good chance that their less important marketing stuff has a better chance of being read in future.

Bloody hell. There's some well kent faces on here who have missed out because of that appallingly laid out e-mail, combined with the short notice period.

J

Isn't half and makes things all the more galling for them. Genuinely feel for those who have missed out. I missed the mail myself originally as like others all i seen was squad announcement but a pal said the ticket alert was also part of it and had to double check.

The subject title of the e-mail alert quite clearly says 'Squad Announcement and Republic of Ireland Ticket Alert' so ignorance is no excuse. I would agree that 24 hours notice is pretty poor, however 5 to 10 pointers still had a 3 day window to get their tickets first and I would say that it's not inconceivable that most people check their e-mails more frequently than that.

The subject title of the e-mail alert quite clearly says 'Squad Announcement and Republic of Ireland Ticket Alert' so ignorance is no excuse. I would agree that 24 hours notice is pretty poor, however 5 to 10 pointers still had a 3 day window to get their tickets first and I would say that it's not inconceivable that most people check their e-mails more frequently than that.

I'll lay my cards on the table. I like most people I recon access their emails on my smart phone.

The title bit only gives me the first few characters. So I see "NI squad announcement". It was only when I went in the email that I saw the full title and the ticket sales info.

Now, some people seeing half the shite that comes through from the SSC saw NI squad announcement and binned the email.

With such important information the SSC should have done one of two things.

1) Sent out two e-mails, one titled "Ireland ticket information" & another, "NI squad announcement".

2) switched the title round so the most important (and time critical) information was available first,

"Ireland ticket information & NI squad announcement", that way, theajority of smartphone users could see at a glance that this was important, and not the usual noise from the SSC.

Just a bit of common sense is all that is asked for.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

I'm not defending them here and they do send out some sh!t emails but surely an email headed 'Squad Announcement' would be important enough to read or at least scan through.

Almost been caught out before so now make sure i open them and scroll down cause there's always something that's not mentioned in the title.

2 of us got tickets on 7 points however all our 3 pointers never and went thro the frustration of the ticket lottery on the Saturday. I reckon if the Sfa didn't have enough tickets for the 3 pointers it should of went to a ballot ...saving everyone a lot of time....Anyway Am looking for a further 14 tickets ?...Spoke with our hotel and they are happy to receive them for us so the Scottish address isn't a problem ....anyone know when the Irish tickets go on sale individual tickets that is......

Good morning all,

I am looking for 2 tickets for Dublin, hotel booked, flight booked. We have 1 away point so didn't expect tickets. However, the chance to buy would of been good?

I contacted the R.O.I FA yesterday, only 2 game package tickets available Scotland and the mob south of the border, wee bit pricey 311 euros.

Public sale not announced yet. I signed up for alerts from the R.O.I FA hopefully get a chance to buy.

My son stays in Donegal got him on the case, he has friends involved with Finn Harps FC. Going anyway with or without???????

Lairdy

Good morning all,

I am looking for 2 tickets for Dublin, hotel booked, flight booked. We have 1 away point so didn't expect tickets. However, the chance to buy would of been good?

I contacted the R.O.I FA yesterday, only 2 game package tickets available Scotland and the mob south of the border, wee bit pricey 311 euros.

Public sale not announced yet. I signed up for alerts from the R.O.I FA hopefully get a chance to buy.

My son stays in Donegal got him on the case, he has friends involved with Finn Harps FC. Going anyway with or without???????

Lairdy

ticketmaster website (.ie not .co.uk) has england dual tickets @ 110Euro. Lots bought by Scots in sections 501/502.