Scotland Squad - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Squad

wanderer

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It did say it.. it doesn't now. and i can't find anyone else who has the english part of the quote.

Was it a misquote? Just some lovely English journo at the BBC trolling the nation? ;p

I saw a few threads when people said it but couldnt find it myself, cheers for clearing it up?

As most have said a wee bit baffled. Forrest is rank, should be forgotten asap. Over rated and full of himself (see yesterdays quality penalty that he had a wee hissy fit to take and miss) GMS abd Arnstrong far more deserving. PASTA mick will always jizz over him as hes a celtic player. Same reason he keeps mentioning Tony Watt.

If you consider rugby or cricket nationality as a selection criteria became redundant years ago and football will end up going the same way.

True.

Yeah it's all trending that way. INTER-national football as a concept is getting diluted. As are nations with the amalgamation and centralisation of power.

Club Scotland vs Club England.

Where does he say that? If so well...

It now says ""I'm half Scottish, my dad is Scottish and I'm really looking forward to it.""

it used to say "I see myself as English, my dad is Scottish..."

Whoever changed it on the BBC hasn't stated they changed it by saying it was edited some time after 15:30.

Trying to find the cached version but there might not be one, also the whole interview has been changed at the bottom, at least to my recollection.

Again nice of whoever made the changes to not actually state they did, got to love the shoddy workmanship of so many in the BBC, incompetence is rife.

Now i'm seeing where clarkson is coming from.

Edited by phart

It now says ""I'm half Scottish, my dad is Scottish and I'm really looking forward to it.""

it used to say "I see myself as English, my dad is Scottish..."

Not quite true.

"I see myself as English, I'm half Scottish, my dad is Scottish and I'm really looking forward to it."

The original did not omit the "I'm half Scottish".

Why it was changed and if the original was ever accurate, we don't know.

It's given ammunition to those who wanted it tho, and even if it turns out to have been a misquote i doubt they'll let it go.

Not quite true.

"I see myself as English, I'm half Scottish, my dad is Scottish and I'm really looking forward to it."

The original did not omit the "I'm half Scottish".

the 3 little dots at the end of my sentence is an indication that i left off the rest of the words. I don't believe the words "i'm half-scottish" were in between the "I see myself as English and my Dad is Scottish" They were later on in the part i already omitted and indicated with ellipses.

I'm in the process of trying to recover the original wording though so if anyone else can find it i'm happy to be wrong.

v Gibraltar -

Gordon

Hutton...Martin...Berra...Robertson

Fletcher...Morrison...Brown

Naismith...Rhodes...Fletcher

They three changes you've made to my team were the exact changes i was thinking about. Should def go with this type of system.

the 3 little dots at the end of my sentence is an indication that i left off the rest of the words. I don't believe the words "i'm half-scottish" were in between the "I see myself as English and my Dad is Scottish" They were later on in the part i already omitted and indicated with ellipses.

I'm in the process of trying to recover the original wording though so if anyone else can find it i'm happy to be wrong.

Found a semi archive at it seems the exact quote was as you stated andyD, i thought it followed on after my dad is Scottish.

"I see myself as English but I'm half Scottish, my dad is Scottish and I'm really looking ...

Always good to check though, too easy to just think ones correct all the time, when chances are you're not.

Found the audio:

https://twitter.com/solentsport/status/577486984953896960

It's "I've seen myself as English, but I'm half Scottish."

Past tense matters? ;)

He says "Obviously i have seen myself as English, but i am half Scottish"

EDIT: I'm not the one editing websites so wrong person to ask what matters with what. I'm reacting to the moves not making them.

Edited by phart

Don't think Forrest should be in squad, think he is massively overrated & other players deserve to be in squad in front of him. Although as a whole it is a strong squad & perfect opportunity (with the opposition we are playing) for Strachan to get likes of Ritchie in to have a look at him...

Thought Forrest was decent v Belgium at Hampden two years ago. To be fair to him I don't think he has played a game for Scotland since.

To be fair hes only played abut 6 times for Celtic in that time..

I really want him to be great but from what I have seen he is way over-rated.

I'm still wondering what Steven Fletcher has done...ever...to deserve this seemingly permanent place in the squad.

perhaps an assist in germany and playing a large part in our first goal against poland would go someway towards earning himself a call up for the squad.

that and we dont have a player better than him for holding the ball up and brining others in to play (bar naismith)

Well agreed he hasn't scored a lot but has set up many. Besides he is ten times the option that Leigh Griffiths is who has done fanny adams in four games for us.

croatia away and belgium at homes with no service are not games to judge strikers on ! he was lively when he came on against luxemberg as a late sub, cant remember the other game he played in.