Mccall Takes Rangers Job - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mccall Takes Rangers Job

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCall will bring organisation, enthusiasm and a certain level of intimidation into the dressing room and I think he'll be a bit more adventurous with his team selection. ...

...and will be able to ensure he's not seen by the players as one of the boys.

I'd suggest he'll do none of the above, as described in my last post.

I liked him, but the lack of all those qualities you are talking about is why it went so spectacularly tits up at motherwell!

I'd suggest he'll do none of the above, as described in my last post.

I liked him, but the lack of all those qualities you are talking about is why it went so spectacularly tits up at motherwell!

I'm asking because I don't know but where did Motherwell finish in each of his seasons there? I know the last year he was there it wasn't good, but I was under the impression that the club did OK during his tenure?

TT

Edit to say (according to Wiki) it was 3rd, 2nd, 2nd in the SPL - which I have to say I didn't know but happy to see!

Edited by TartanTeddy

So is his wage on top of what Fat lad and agent Kenny are already getting paid and what will his salary be?

It's a billion a year with bonuses, but he has to pay 75% of that to Charles Green :ok:

Or to put it another way, in the grand scheme of things, who really gives a toss what he gets paid for three months!

TT

I'm asking because I don't know but where did Motherwell finish in each of his seasons there? I know the last year he was there it wasn't good, but I was under the impression that the club did OK during his tenure?

TT

Yeah, we've been 2,2,3 and 6.

I like Stuart McCall, and he did a great job, BUT he has his weaknesses, very similar to the weaknesses that Ally Mccoist has.

I don't know if he's the right guy to come in and change things? I think he'd be a good guy to come in when things were going well, and keep the momentum going.

Think it was mentioned McDowell won't be a part of the backroom staff which is a relief.

So Scotty might be right, there actually is a god!!

TT

I agree. But do you honestly see this being the short term deal that is being touted? A decent run of results and he will get it on a longer contract. Nowt surer.

I think that goes without saying. I'm also not sure that it's such a bad thing. Turn the team around and earn a longer contract, don't and the club aren't saddled with a long contract or extended 'gardening leave'.

Or a are you worried it might keep Morinho or Guardiola out of the running for next season?

TT

Yes, yes. Get the token unionist in. Idiots.

So who were the other options out there for a short term fix - genuinely interested to know who people think would have been a better fit?

Or is it just knee jerk mindless criticism for the sake of it?

TT

Uncle Walter?

I think the second most likely move after McCall. But it doesn't give you any upside other than potential promotion as he would be off after that - McCall gives the upside that if he works he could remain in position.

For me Billy Davies was the only other candidate after those two, and I think McCall has more upsides.

TT