England Footballer Arrested For Sex With 14 Year Old! - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England Footballer Arrested For Sex With 14 Year Old!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does the law say if he had no idea she was 15 ? Genuine question.

If he picked her up in a nightclub or bar then he gets off on a technicality that she should have not been there in the first place (as she was not over 18)

If he picked her up in a nightclub or bar then he gets off on a technicality that she should have not been there in the first place (as she was not over 18)

Don't think that's the law mate.

So is it the bouncers fault?

J

What does the law say if he had no idea she was 15 ? Genuine question.

The crime is an absolute one I think; there's an obligation (not dissimilar to the Ched Evans scenario) that if you're in any doubt about the other person's capacity or capability to consent, you stop. Capability to consent starts at 16 in law, so he's likely to struggle.The only significant mitigation in law for sex with a minor is a narrow age gap between the two parties.

Don't think that's the law mate.

So is it the bouncers fault?

J

Not 100% sure.....

He will still be guilty, but the punishment will be greatly reduced as blame lies with the place where he picked her up for not ID'ing her in the first place.

The crime is an absolute one I think; there's an obligation (not dissimilar to the Ched Evans scenario) that if you're in any doubt about the other person's capacity or capability to consent, you stop. Capability to consent starts at 16 in law, so he's likely to struggle.The only significant mitigation in law for sex with a minor is a narrow age gap between the two parties.

27 and 15?

That defence may work with an 18 year old sleeping with a 15 year old, but 27?

J

Not 100% sure.....

He will still be guilty, but the punishment will be greatly reduced as blame lies with the place where he picked her up for not ID'ing her in the first place.

The location of the initial meeting would have virtually no bearing on it.There's case law where under 16s were working as prostitutes & the court ruled that to be irrelevant.

Precisely, so hard to see any mitigation if found guilty.

If he met her in a night club. If she 'pursued' him as much as he her. If she looked older than she was (and was thus allowed into the night club). If any of that were true (and none of it is to my knowledge) would it make any difference or would it still be 'statutory rape" and yer name on the sex offenders list?

Precisely, so hard to see any mitigation if found guilty.

There is no mitigation. He's a 27 year old man who obviously fancied something a fair bit younger. Whether she told she was 16 or 60 is immaterial he would have know she was a lot younger than him.

He's a dirty wee pervert and deserves jailed. Hopefully with some nice Newcastle supporting mass murderers.

Not 100% sure.....

Licencing restrictions are based around access to alcohol, not stopping folk from having sex with a minor, so no "blame" can be apportioned to the premises for that particular crime.

He is gubbed and I don't think it will matter what the circumstances are.

Laddie my bro went to school with met a bird in the boozer. Went out the back with her and had a 'heavy petting' session. Long story short he told her to bugger off afterwards, she freaked out and started crying rape.

He told the officers everything that happened and he ended up in the sex offenders register because she was only 14. Only reason he didn't get jailed is because the lassie admitted she was up for it and the fact she had been in the pub. I've spoken to guys that were there that night and they couldn't believe she was only that age. Done up to the nines etc.

Some sympathised with him. I just kept thinking how you would react if it was your 14 year old wee lassie. You would want to kill him.

If he met her in a night club. If she 'pursued' him as much as he her. If she looked older than she was (and was thus allowed into the night club). If any of that were true (and none of it is to my knowledge) would it make any difference or would it still be 'statutory rape" and yer name on the sex offenders list?

You can't ever say categorically a judge will or won't mitigate in particular circumstances but there's nothing I know of in case law (though I aren't a lawyer). The simple point is that a child is not deemed to be capable of consent in law.

Guidance is here:

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sentencing_manual/s9_sexual_activity_with_a_child/

and

http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/fact_sheets/sexual_offences/

He is gubbed and I don't think it will matter what the circumstances are.

Laddie my bro went to school with met a bird in the boozer. Went out the back with her and had a 'heavy petting' session. Long story short he told her to bugger off afterwards, she freaked out and started crying rape.

He told the officers everything that happened and he ended up in the sex offenders register because she was only 14. Only reason he didn't get jailed is because the lassie admitted she was up for it and the fact she had been in the pub. I've spoken to guys that were there that night and they couldn't believe she was only that age. Done up to the nines etc.

Some sympathised with him. I just kept thinking how you would react if it was your 14 year old wee lassie. You would want to kill him.

If my 14 year old daughter was done up to the nines and drinking in the pub I would want to kill myself!

If my 14 year old daughter was done up to the nines and drinking in the pub I would want to kill myself!

Some folk don't look after their children though.

I think they'll be looking at a social services intervention now.