Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 37 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I've recorded the Gretna programme - I went to watch them a couple of times v Witton Albion in their English non-league days, so thought it might be worth watching.

I was enjoying it after the Dons emphatic win, but my stream cut out.

Booo.

Don't suppose it'll be on Netflix anytime soon...?

I was just watching a programme on Sky Sports about Gretna.

There is zero difference between the way they went bust and the way Rangers went bust.

The key difference lies in the formation of the 2 new clubs. Gretna 2008 were formed and they now play non-league at Raydale Park. This is in stark contract to The Rangers which was formed, playing at Ibrox but crucially, and inexplicably, re-admitted to the lowest rung of the professional leagues in Scotland.

Any Rangers/The Rangers fans should thank their lucky stars that they didn't suffer the same fate as Gretna/ Gretna 2008. Lessons should have been learned from what happened at Gretna. It looks like a second administration and/or liquidation will be required before Rangers realise how lucky they have been.

Jeez, if you think there's zero difference between the way Gretna and Rangers went bust, then you must have been on another planet for the past 5 years.

obvously.

They better not be let back in a second time though. Bloody farcical when you consider what happened to Gretna and Airdrieonians.

Why not? Because Gretna and Airdrie weren't allowed back in, Rangers shouldn't be? Did either Gretna or Airdrie ask to be re-admitted to the league playing under a different corporate entity?

It does seem Rangers can't afford to sack Ally, Durrant and McDowell due to the compensation they'd be due, but they are fast reaching a point where they can't afford not to sack them, or risk another year in the Championship....

Rangers will be in the championship at this rate. Hibs will beat us quite easily over a two leg play-off.

At least next year we should spunk the championship.

At least next year we should spunk the championship.

Who knows what will happen if Rangers don't get promoted this season ?

It'll certainly be the end of the management team, quite possibly it may signal a cull of highly paid players, and it may even lead again to administration and/or liquidation.

No guarantee Rangers would sail through the Championship next season. They might have a decent chance back in the 2nd division again though.... :wink2:

Who knows what will happen if Rangers don't get promoted this season ?

It'll certainly be the end of the management team, quite possibly it may signal a cull of highly paid players, and it may even lead again to administration and/or liquidation.

No guarantee Rangers would sail through the Championship next season. They might have a decent chance back in the 2nd division again though.... :wink2:

Don't agree.

Looks like Stirling may be going back down again and we'd hump them next year.

Are you stupid?

The club can afford the players wages based on ratio to turnover. We're being screwed by the other costs. OK, got it?

Now, a sensible approach would have been to spend as much as was needed in the early seasons. Then young players could have been developed and a war chest for when things go wrong could have been built up. We don't have that because we weren't sensible. The club knew the other costs were crippling them but didn't work accordingly.

Still following me?

oh dear, sorry that just made me laugh. Can just imagine you going to the bank. " OF course mr. bank manager, we can afford to pay £8million pounds in players wages, no problem at all". Mr bank manager "But what about the fact you are losing hundreds of thousands of pounds a month?" You "AH, that doesn't matter as these aren't for players or are you stupid?" Bye bye says the bank manager. You really make me laugh but I think I'll just leave you stewing as I bask in another victory for football over industrial hoofball played by a bunch of thugs and supported by a bunch of bigots - happy days

oh dear, sorry that just made me laugh. Can just imagine you going to the bank. " OF course mr. bank manager, we can afford to pay £8million pounds in players wages, no problem at all". Mr bank manager "But what about the fact you are losing hundreds of thousands of pounds a month?" You "AH, that doesn't matter as these aren't for players or are you stupid?" Bye bye says the bank manager. You really make me laugh but I think I'll just leave you stewing as I bask in another victory for football over industrial hoofball played by a bunch of thugs and supported by a bunch of bigots - happy days

What a load of sanctimonious drivel. Particularly enjoyed the accusation of a bunch of thugs, from a Hearts fan. Very amusing.

The point that is being made is that the playing squad is not the source of Rangers' financial problems. I would have thought most people would be able to understand that point without descending into hysterics.

What a load of sanctimonious drivel. Particularly enjoyed the accusation of a bunch of thugs, from a Hearts fan. Very amusing.

The point that is being made is that the playing squad is not the source of Rangers' financial problems. I would have thought most people would be able to understand that point without descending into hysterics.

That might be true but the bottom line is that for whatever reason you cannot afford the wage bill.

was just replying like for like to renfrew blue - and my point is basic arithmetic. here is a question for you, what is 0 plus £8 million. That's right, it is £8 million, that is what extra money your club would have if they didn't spunk it away on ridiculous wages for a ridiculous squad of players. I have never said that your club doesn't have other money issues but the above is a simple fact.

And if you can honestly look at Saturdays game and say that your team were not a bunch of thugs and that your fans sang a bunch of bigoted garbage then I am afraid that says a lot about you. PS last post on this subject for me