Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 335 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

26 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Wondered how long it would be for someone to take this out of context.  Knew you wouldn't let me down Sheddy!!

out of context?  so singing the billy boys is fine if it means you don't run on the pitch.

why can these idiots running your club not just condemn its singing it unreservedly and give us all hope?

32 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Wondered how long it would be for someone to take this out of context.  Knew you wouldn't let me down Sheddy!!

and tbh you surprise me with that comment FB. which in case you don't realise is actually a compliment.

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

out of context?  so singing the billy boys is fine if it means you don't run on the pitch.

why can these idiots running your club not just condemn its singing it unreservedly and give us all hope?

I take it you read the article before it was taken down and edited and an apology made for it being misleading?

Note from the article:

EDITOR’S NOTE: In an earlier version of this story we wrongly wrote Stewart Robertson had "condoned" sectarian singing. This was an error on our part. The word, of course, should have been "condemned". We fixed this on Friday morning as soon as it had been spotted. We apologise for our mistake.
Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-chief-stewart-robertson-insists-8058760#zvHpFY7V4jxxp5o1.99
Edited by theweestevie

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

I take it you read the article before it was taken down and edited and an apology made for it being misleading?

Note from the article:

EDITOR’S NOTE: In an earlier version of this story we wrongly wrote Stewart Robertson had "condoned" sectarian singing. This was an error on our part. The word, of course, should have been "condemned". We fixed this on Friday morning as soon as it had been spotted. We apologise for our mistake.
Read more at http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-chief-stewart-robertson-insists-8058760#zvHpFY7V4jxxp5o1.99

have you read his comments?  its hardly condemning the song. he could have done that far more convincingly.

On 5/18/2016 at 0:44 AM, RenfrewBlue said:

We shouldn't get too cocky just yet. Ashley strikes me as a bit like the monster in a cheap slasher horror movie. You think he's dead but he keeps popping back up. ;)

no mention of Alan Stubbs being a fenian barsteward, no mention of Bobby Sands song, no mention of Andy Halliday hating all things Taigh, no mention of Celtic being fenian barstewards.  All were sung proudly during the game by those brave souls in the West of Hampden.

3 hours ago, giblet said:

no mention of Alan Stubbs being a fenian barsteward, no mention of Bobby Sands song, no mention of Andy Halliday hating all things Taigh, no mention of Celtic being fenian barstewards.  All were sung proudly during the game by those brave souls in the West of Hampden.

I'm trying to be nice but you're quoting a post made 3 days before the final.

I'm not psychic.

As to the songs, I've posted on these boards for years about my disgust for them and those that sing them. 

Happy now?

Not sure if you heard Regan put down a group of Celtic fans attempt to get resolution 12 on the agenda at UEFA( via SFA action). This is all about getting Celtic reinstated to the 2011 CL and then coming after Rangers for compensation.  Regan booted this out today but I thought I would share the latest cock up by the Bungle Bhoys.. This is from a Rangers blog today

"I understand Dear Reader that there is some tension between the intrepid Resolution 12 people today following a rather costly mishap in their attempts to re-ignite the issue.

The clever lads crowdfunded circa £4000 and even more brilliantly found an accommodating sales executive at a Swiss newspaper who confirmed he would happily print any ad which was free of offensive language.  Off to work they went and produced their piece (a standard diatribe about Rangers being deid and pyuir cheats etc).

They had been confidently assured by Paul Brennan via his “UEFA contact” that this was the English language newspaper of choice for UEFA delegates….unfortunately there was a breakdown in communication with his well placed source as the newspaper they’ve chosen is in fact a French language one.  Hilariously the Resolution 12 guys only learnt of their mistake last night and despite some frantic calls begging for a refund it was too late, the money was gone and the public embarrassment was unavoidable.

Perhaps to compensate they can publish their imminent Guardian ad on the same subject in French?

Je Suis Resolution Douze."

18 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Not sure if you heard Regan put down a group of Celtic fans attempt to get resolution 12 on the agenda at UEFA( via SFA action). This is all about getting Celtic reinstated to the 2011 CL and then coming after Rangers for compensation.  Regan booted this out today but I thought I would share the latest cock up by the Bungle Bhoys.. This is from a Rangers blog today

"I understand Dear Reader that there is some tension between the intrepid Resolution 12 people today following a rather costly mishap in their attempts to re-ignite the issue.

The clever lads crowdfunded circa £4000 and even more brilliantly found an accommodating sales executive at a Swiss newspaper who confirmed he would happily print any ad which was free of offensive language.  Off to work they went and produced their piece (a standard diatribe about Rangers being deid and pyuir cheats etc).

They had been confidently assured by Paul Brennan via his “UEFA contact” that this was the English language newspaper of choice for UEFA delegates….unfortunately there was a breakdown in communication with his well placed source as the newspaper they’ve chosen is in fact a French language one.  Hilariously the Resolution 12 guys only learnt of their mistake last night and despite some frantic calls begging for a refund it was too late, the money was gone and the public embarrassment was unavoidable.

Perhaps to compensate they can publish their imminent Guardian ad on the same subject in French?

:lol:

12 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Saw that eddard. Is it true? 

Another view of the resolution 12 stuff is that Regan has just thrown you lot to the wolves. He is insinuating that the SFA followed all due process - in which case if a breach was made then by that point any breach was attributable to the club, not the sfa.  So what happens if sanctions do actually come out of this? If it's the same club you are liable,  If it's a different club you are liable anyway as part of the 5 way agreement. You have good reason for wanting nothing to come of it.

Tbh I have no idea if the resolution 12 guys have a case or not. You are very disparaging of it but they have forced Regan to acknowledge the whole thing - which includes the offshore game report which has been roundly ignored by the SFA and most of the Scottish media. The whole thing is a bloody mess and confirmation that the SFA are not fit for purpose. 

Just now, ShedTA said:

Another view of the resolution 12 stuff is that Regan has just thrown you lot to the wolves. He is insinuating that the SFA followed all due process - in which case if a breach was made then by that point any breach was attributable to the club, not the sfa.  So what happens if sanctions do actually come out of this? If it's the same club you are liable,  If it's a different club you are liable anyway as part of the 5 way agreement. You have good reason for wanting nothing to come of it.

Tbh I have no idea if the resolution 12 guys have a case or not. You are very disparaging of it but they have forced Regan to acknowledge the whole thing - which includes the offshore game report which has been roundly ignored by the SFA and most of the Scottish media. The whole thing is a bloody mess and confirmation that the SFA are not fit for purpose. 

You don't find the £4k advert in a French rag funny ? :-)  I'm laughing at the the cock up.

12 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Have you just posted on FF Shed? There is a post uncannily similar just appeared .:huh:

6 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

You don't find the £4k advert in a French rag funny ? :-)  I'm laughing at the the cock up.

If they had done what you said then yes it's hilarious. Though I believe the ad was placed in neue zurcher zeitung which is actually a German language paper so forgive me if I hold off for now. It's common for these papers to do English language versions.

1 minute ago, ShedTA said:

If they had done what you said then yes it's hilarious. Though I believe the ad was placed in neue zurcher zeitung which is actually a German language paper so forgive me if I hold off for now. It's common for these papers to do English language versions.

Nope, Definitely French....

2 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Regarding the Offshore Game Report - there is a poster on RM who is a 'Lawyer' and has been in Comms with them since the report was published. 

All was going well, he highlighted some inaccuracies and they republished etc. 

Now, after he pretty much dispelled the whole thing and provided them with documents etc he obtained from a source they have now taken to blocking the guy and continuing with their highly innacurate report.  

I'm guessing him obtaining information that the author just so happens to be connected to someone involved with Resolution 12 was just coincidence for the cut in Comms. 

3 hours ago, ShedTA said:

Arn't the resolution 12 guys and the tax justice guys not linked?

Edit- just seen Debians post.

Edited by Stu101

12 hours ago, Debian said:

Regarding the Offshore Game Report - there is a poster on RM who is a 'Lawyer' and has been in Comms with them since the report was published. 

All was going well, he highlighted some inaccuracies and they republished etc. 

Now, after he pretty much dispelled the whole thing and provided them with documents etc he obtained from a source they have now taken to blocking the guy and continuing with their highly innacurate report.  

I'm guessing him obtaining information that the author just so happens to be connected to someone involved with Resolution 12 was just coincidence for the cut in Comms. 

ah well if its highly inaccurate it will get thrown out/ dismissed soon enough.

18 hours ago, EddardStark said:

well I am glad I held off finding this hilarious because it appears from statements on twitter that it isn't true. so I presume it was rangers fans just trying to ridicule it by making things up. fair enough but if the claims are true it doesn't need ridiculed, it needs investigated.