Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 67 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Have they? When?

I can only recall automatic relegation being scrapped once to save Motherwell, but no league got reconstructed.

Is that not a restructuring of the league?? Certainly a restructuring of the terms mid-season. That is indeed the example I was referring to though mate.

Is that not a restructuring of the league?? Certainly a restructuring of the terms mid-season. That is indeed the example I was referring to though mate.

Given the rules would have been in place prior to the start of the season, no, I wouldn't call it a restructuring of terms mid-season.

And given Falkirk missed out on a play-off prior to that due to the same issue, they would also have been more than aware of what would happen too.

I posted this story on this forum the day Ally handed in his notice. It was discussed on FF within hours of her leaving.

fair enough. I guess the question is did she get the max statutory based on up to 20 years service or did llambias just pay her for 2.5 years as phil is suggesting?

Given the rules would have been in place prior to the start of the season, no, I wouldn't call it a restructuring of terms mid-season.

And given Falkirk missed out on a play-off prior to that due to the same issue, they would also have been more than aware of what would happen too.

It happened. Towards the end of the season 85/86. Two teams due to be relegated at that stage. Member clubs decided no clubs should be relegated, towards the end of the season. Motherwell were one of the two clubs saved. Same thing happened in 1955, again mothewell being beneficiaries. Edited by flynnyboy

It happened. Towards the end of the season 85/86. Two teams due to be relegated. Member clubs decided no clubs should be relegated. Motherwell were one of the two clubs saved. Same thing happened in 1955, again mothewell being beneficiaries.

Ah.

I thought you were on about Aberdeen dodging a 3 team play-off and Motherwell avoiding relegation due to Brockville...

fair enough. I guess the question is did she get the max statutory based on up to 20 years service or did llambias just pay her for 2.5 years as phil is suggesting?

I made reference to that as well. She got her statutory entitlement and nothing more according to the discussion on FF in the days following. Maybe Phil is getting his exclusives from FF these days. :wink2::wink2: And Phil is totally obsessed with Rangers. I imagine machine gun fire aimed at a stationary target will hit the spot once in a while.

Craig Houston from Sons of Struth posted this on the SOS FB page last night. I made reference to this the issues below earlier in this thread. There is a link to an article in the Telegraph and the story is also on the front page of the Record today.

"I have just been informed that the lawyer claiming to be acting on behalf of Mr & Mr Easdale, Mr Somers and RIFC has submitted to the crown an action against me and the emails i released last night

The action is NOT against authenticity nor publication but he believes the emails have been obtained through illegal means. How could you obtain an email illegally if it were fake? The action in its self proves authenticity.

I shared this email with the Rangers fans for one reason and one reason only, to show the members of our board are more interested in self preservation than the future of our club, I done so in the belief that the public had to see the email i was in possession of and without concern to any future action against me, I believe I have done the right thing.

I will not be bullied in my attempts to clear our club of those controlling it for their own benefit and wish every man removed who does not put Rangers interests in front of their own

I am unsure of the outcome of this action and what i will face tomorrow so i will therefore be taking a break from online activity until this outcome is known and will leave the page to the moderators to oversee with no further posts until things clear up

Merry Christmas and happy New year to all"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11311642/Rangers-chairman-David-Somers-pleaded-for-Mike-Ashley-takeover-to-succeed-emails-reveal.html

It happened. Towards the end of the season 85/86. Two teams due to be relegated at that stage. Member clubs decided no clubs should be relegated, towards the end of the season. Motherwell were one of the two clubs saved. Same thing happened in 1955, again mothewell being beneficiaries.

You've got the years wrong, but Motherwell have dodged relegation twice, once due to the league going from 10-12 (1986) and once due to Falkirk not having a 10,000 all seater stadium (2003).

You can get 5/1 on Rangers to win the league. Steam in.

I can't see it.

Hearts have dropped points twice in 17 games. They need to drop points an absolute minimum of 4 times in the remaining 19, but that's presuming rangers win every game.

Rangers won't win every game.

Hearts have still to play rangers twice and Hibs 3 times I believe, even if they lost ALL of these games they'd probably still need to throw in 2 draws along the way.

They might close the gap, but the 5 games I was talking about, if hearts can even draw a couple if those, it will be very difficult to catch them.

They've had injuries recently, and still managed to keep the results coming.