Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 28 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I drive it :wink2:

Yeah you drive it all right, down to the police station where you hand it over to the rightful owner. After that it is up to you (and if you are lucky with the help of the police) to pursue the people who ripped you off, even then if they go to jail you will most likely never see your money again.

This could still be a good thing. It could be the 'event' that frees you of your current problem. They say the easiest way to rob a bank is to own one... maybe stop compiling lists of those who have done fukk all on the outside and look inside for a change. You are a classic example of this internal myopia. It makes you an eternal victim / mug.

The difference after next week will either be 3, 6, or 9 points.

Pretty much a must win for the The Rangers.

Would tend to agree. Hearts are getting through their sticky games and have a real winning mentality and feel good factor at the minute.

9 points is of course salvageable but the way we approach matches, this sort of result is always just around the corner. I was going to say 'performance' rather than result but they have been generally poor even when winning games.

As I've said several times though, this has been happening since we were demoted to League 2, we could get away with it due to their being no realistic or sustained challenge. I agree with Eddard in that players need to take an element of responsibility, but one man asked for them to be signed or in some cases kept and he has to carry the can I'm afraid.

Yeah you drive it all right, down to the police station where you hand it over to the rightful owner. After that it is up to you (and if you are lucky with the help of the police) to pursue the people who ripped you off, even then if they go to jail you will most likely never see your money again.

This could still be a good thing. It could be the 'event' that frees you of your current problem. They say the easiest way to rob a bank is to own one... maybe stop compiling lists of those who have done fukk all on the outside and look inside for a change. You are a classic example of this internal myopia. It makes you an eternal victim / mug.

Haha!

Sorry to be a pedant, but I have to point out - you weren't 'demoted' to League 2, as you know

Anyway.... as you were

Indeed.

An application to join was accepted by the league members and the applicants were allowed to join and participate in League 2.

There is a lot to come out. I imagine D&P and CB will be reviewing their respective insurance policies as a matter of priority in the event of any claims.

Good luck with that. Insurers tend not to insure fraud. Negligence yes, but fraud no.

Think about it Eddard.

Duff & Phelps sold all the assets for 5.5m (although the accounts say 6.5m) a few months later you have an IPO selling a fraction of those assets to new shareholders for what 34m?

And all that money raised is now gone?

That is a nice bit of business isn't it?

Then BDO come along and take the assets back or demand huge money in compensation...

Like I say it could be bad.

The ipo didn't sell assets to shareholders. It sold shares in a company that had purchased the business and assets so your price comparison is complete folly. At the time the business was purchased, there was no agreement with football authorities that the football club could even compete ie the business could even trade.

You keep insinuating that the new company got the business and assets at a price below market value. I have not seen any creditor complain about the price achieved in selling the business and assets. Rangers was one of, if not, the highest profile insolvency in scots law history. To succeed in an argument that the business and assets did not achieve a fair market value would require evidence that someone was willing to pay more for them. Given there were several bidders at the time of admin and everyone in the uk knew rangers needed a rescue package, it seems to me a hopeless argument.

It's for those reasons that bdo won't have a claim at all and even if they did it would not be for a significant sum of money.