Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 373 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

35 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

One of my 'sources' (aka, a guy I know who is pally with a couple of our directors) told me last night that the Portugeezer has agreed wages however still needs to agree a car, house and (most pertinently) a transfer budget. Also, Paul Mitchell (the guy from Tottenham, not the squeaky-voiced commentator) is "a certainty" for DoF. Just passing on second hand information so it might be pish, although he is generally 'in the know' with such things.

In terms of Ashley, nobody knows what he would do, which is part of the problem. His share ownership (and those who side with him by proxy) is relatively low to the point that it is unlikely to matter all that much to him if it's value plummeted and the supporters would refuse to buy his merchandise anyway. Too much animosity has occurred so both sides will never be in cahoots. Rangers without a supportive fan-base buying Ashley's wares is unlikely to be a profitable company and will continue to be such without significant investment so, putting it simply, what's in it for him to take over the running of the club? To flip the question around to those in disagreement, why do you think it would be a success?

Also, the report alleged that £30m would secure the club. That would obviously have to result in a gigantic transfer of shares. Given the majority of shareholders voted him/Llambias out the last time, it would take a monumental shift for him for these shares to be made available.

One of my sources (aka the husband of a woman I work with...) informed me that Dave King was in John Lewis yesterday and bought £40K worth of flooring, carpets and furnishings.  As made up as that sounds the guy isn't the type to bullshit so I'm not quite sure what to make of it!!  He also said DK's suit was "impeccable".  He did say King asked for a discount for paying cash which made me think he was telling the truth!!

32 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

One of my sources (aka the husband of a woman I work with...) informed me that Dave King was in John Lewis yesterday and bought £40K worth of flooring, carpets and furnishings.  As made up as that sounds the guy isn't the type to bullshit so I'm not quite sure what to make of it!!  He also said DK's suit was "impeccable".  He did say King asked for a discount for paying cash which made me think he was telling the truth!!

While we're on the subject of weird sources, my former neighbour is married to Douglas Park and I was told that he spent £80k on carpets for his new house in Strathaven so it looks like the rumours Dave King is a cheapskate are true after all. ;)

2 hours ago, ShedTA said:

So now shall we see king over invest? 

Unlikely. No one will accept under market value for their shares. Luckily for Davie Boy. 

As stated by the eminent Richard Wilson tonight whilst not ideal it will have no major impact. King will have to offer to purchase shares at 20p. However the combination of fans holding shares for sentimental reasons(not financial gain) and also the offer price being below the notional market value of 27p means little prospect of change.

For those still struggling to understand why Rangers are the same club, the explanation at Para's 17- 19 is probably as clear as you can get.

17......The administrators sold the business and assets to a new company, led by Mr Charles Green, which was later renamed The Rangers Football Club Ltd (“the Club”).

In December 2012, a new company, Rangers, was incorporated in Scotland as the holding company for the Club and its shares were admitted to trading on the Alternative Investment Market (“AIM”) of the London Stock Exchange. The shares of Rangers were traded on AIM at the time of the transactions giving rise to these proceedings. Rangers was, and remains, a company to which the Code applies.

http://www.thetakeoverpanel.org.uk/publication/view/20174-rangers-international-foot ball-club-plc

3 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

For those still struggling to understand why Rangers are the same club, the explanation at Para's 17- 19 is probably as clear as you can get.

17......The administrators sold the business and assets to a new company, led by Mr Charles Green, which was later renamed The Rangers Football Club Ltd (“the Club”).

In December 2012, a new company, Rangers, was incorporated in Scotland as the holding company for the Club and its shares were admitted to trading on the Alternative Investment Market (“AIM”) of the London Stock Exchange. The shares of Rangers were traded on AIM at the time of the transactions giving rise to these proceedings. Rangers was, and remains, a company to which the Code applies.

http://www.thetakeoverpanel.org.uk/publication/view/20174-rangers-international-foot ball-club-plc

Awwwww don't start it again!! ??

5 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Oh, I thought Oldco were liquidated. When did they come out of administration?

You misunderstand. Read Paragraphs 13-18 of that report. The paragraphs are small. It will only take you five minutes.

You should then probably continue on. Lots of interesting stuff about King in there.

so is this another professional body saying Dave King's a bit dodgy?

At least one outcome of the legal process is that it has laid out the unhelpful attitude Dave King has towards such regulators, and the extraordinary complexity of the trust network

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

As stated by the eminent Richard Wilson tonight whilst not ideal it will have no major impact. King will have to offer to purchase shares at 20p. However the combination of fans holding shares for sentimental reasons(not financial gain) and also the offer price being below the notional market value of 27p means little prospect of change.

Eminent Richard Wilson?????  Being a rangers fan doesn't make him eminent, just another biased reporter.  King has been caught once again and will have to offer to buy the shares or leave. 

2 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

Eminent Richard Wilson?????  Being a rangers fan doesn't make him eminent, just another biased reporter.  King has been caught once again and will have to offer to buy the shares or leave. 

all he has to do is make an offer which can be rejected.

7 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

leave?! Nonsense :lol:

Guest BlueGaz
On 21/02/2017 at 2:31 PM, Scotty CTA said:

Nope. He will have to raise about 4 million squid first.

he doesn't have to raise anything.

3 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Nope. He will have to raise about 4 million squid first.

it's went up from £2.5 - 3m to 4 now.  He has to raise her haw.  If anyone takes up his offer, he's won a watch, and they're idiots.

1 hour ago, Debian said:

it's went up from £2.5 - 3m to 4 now.  He has to raise her haw.  If anyone takes up his offer, he's won a watch, and they're idiots.

He must make the offer. The cost of the prospectus and the preparation behind the share offer will be significant.