Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 156 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Because WH Ireland resigned, Rangers now have 1 month to find a new nominated adviser.

Is this WH Ireland in effect saying they think King is dodgy, or were they tied in to Ashley and as such are quitting because he's not going to get control?

Is this WH Ireland in effect saying they think King is dodgy, or were they tied in to Ashley and as such are quitting because he's not going to get control?

Grant Russell @STVGrant

On the surface, resignation of Rangers' NOMAD is another indication Dave King has won. Now the question: does he have his own NOMAD ready?

I'd say you're talking out your arse, the majority (not the vocal minority) of Rangers supporters are rather Brownite now.

We'll see how the patrons react if King makes it clear there's no pot of gold & means have to be lived within.

The idea of a few years of toil won't appeal IMO.

That said, maybe the last few years have made the fans wise up - I might be totally wrong.

We'll see how the patrons react if King makes it clear there's no pot of gold & means have to be lived within.

The idea of a few years of toil won't appeal IMO.

That said, maybe the last few years have made the fans wise up - I might be totally wrong.

BBC Sportsound @BBCSportsound

No quick fix for Rangers - McDowall: Kenny McDowall insists it will be at least five years before Rangers are ... http://bbc.in/1ENfHPY

Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant

On the surface, resignation of Rangers' NOMAD is another indication Dave King has won. Now the question: does he have his own NOMAD ready?

I'd agree with this. King has already made it known he was getting rid of them as he felt they hadn't been working appropriately in the Clubs best interests. I suspect they're in full duck and cover mode and will be "tidying " up any associated paperwork.

Because WH Ireland resigned, Rangers now have 1 month to find a new nominated adviser.

His names Ireland?!

Ha! So they've been screwed by Green and Whyte, and Ireland!

Delicious

As much as the Rangers fans may denigrate Phil, below article from today is pretty much on the money.

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/stenography-warning/#more-5945

Not so sure to be honest. Ignoring the self-aggrandising language and "I told you so" preening it says pretty much feck all.

Dave King has put forward lots of options with regard to Mike Ashley and his loans. The most recent was that he'd just pay them back. There's supposedly £16m of funding available that was previously offered to the club but rejected for Ashley. That's enough to get rid of the initial Ashley board members. Phil doesn't seem to have heard of this or maybe it doesn't suit his story?

He may be right about not trusting King, on that I agree but the rest of it is just him having a Sherman over a mirror.

I'd agree with this. King has already made it known he was getting rid of them as he felt they hadn't been working appropriately in the Clubs best interests. I suspect they're in full duck and cover mode and will be "tidying " up any associated paperwork.

A proven tax cheat and criminal (king, not you) casting aspersions over a respected and long established company? Hilarious how the Rangers fans lap up this pish. :lol:

A proven tax cheat and criminal (king, not you) casting aspersions over a respected and long established company? Hilarious how the Rangers fans lap up this pish. :lol:

Where did I say I believed Kings assertion? I only pointed out what he had said.

And how do you know I'm not a tax cheat and criminal? ?

And before I forget he's not a criminal as he hasn't been convicted of anything, I believe.

Where did I say I believed Kings assertion? I only pointed out what he had said.

And how do you know I'm not a tax cheat and criminal? ?

And before I forget he's not a criminal as he hasn't been convicted of anything, I believe.

You said they're in "duck and cover mode" and are " "tidying" " up.

"King eventually reached an agreement with the South African High Court whereby he pled guilty to 41 criminal counts of contravening the South Africa Income Tax Act and agreed to pay a fine of 80,000 Rand per criminal conviction or 3.28 million Rand in total."

"King eventually reached an agreement with the South African High Court whereby he pled guilty to 41 criminal counts of contravening the South Africa Income Tax Act and agreed to pay a fine of 80,000 Rand per criminal conviction or 3.28 million Rand in total."

Cheers. I couldn't be arsed proving it.