Raith Rovers Vs The Rangers Thread - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Raith Rovers Vs The Rangers Thread

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as folk wouldn't be allowed to drink during the game, I'm not sure how you think more would be involved.

Spot on.

I think there is too much hysteria when the subject of selling alcohol inside grounds is discussed.

Fans who want a drink before a game already do it. Selling it at kiosks in the grounds only changes the venue of where that happens.

Fans wouldn't be able to take drink to their seats and there could be other restrictions in place such as home fans only, no sales during the game, no spirits, etc.

By encouraging fans to have a couple of pints in the stadium concourse before a game would also reduce the 'nip frenzies' that some indulge in in pubs as kick off time approaches.

Spot on.

I think there is too much hysteria when the subject of selling alcohol inside grounds is discussed.

Fans who want a drink before a game already do it. Selling it at kiosks in the grounds only changes the venue of where that happens.

Fans wouldn't be able to take drink to their seats and there could be other restrictions in place such as home fans only, no sales during the game, no spirits, etc.

By encouraging fans to have a couple of pints in the stadium concourse before a game would also reduce the 'nip frenzies' that some indulge in in pubs as kick off time approaches.

The biggest issue is the number of places it simply wouldn't be possible at all.

For example, at Pittodrie, it would only be feasible in Main Stand and RDS, so away fans are immediately ruled out.

Not sure there is anywhere at Inverness that it could be sold during a game, or Hamilton.

The biggest issue is the number of places it simply wouldn't be possible at all.

For example, at Pittodrie, it would only be feasible in Main Stand and RDS, so away fans are immediately ruled out.

Not sure there is anywhere at Inverness that it could be sold during a game, or Hamilton.

Would some clubs not build cheap extensions, space permitting, to give them the option if they judged it worthwhile?

Why do folk feel the need to drink while at football? I really don't get it.

A warm beer in a plastic cup in a smelly concrete shite hole?

No thanks. The food and drink they currently sell at Ibrox, St Mirren park and Hampden are bad enough without that added to the mix.

It's a bit of sad indictment on this country and it's attitude to alcohol that we can't do without for a couple of hours.

Also the frenzy of drinking in pubs just before ko and rolling up late demonstrates a serious drink problem in my opinion.

No thanks. The food and drink they currently sell at Ibrox, St Mirren park and Hampden are bad enough without that added to the mix.

It's a bit of sad indictment on this country and it's attitude to alcohol that we can't do without for a couple of hours.

Also the frenzy of drinking in pubs just before ko and rolling up late demonstrates a serious drink problem in my opinion.

Why do people feel the need to drink at all? At gigs, at comedy shows and at other sporting events?

A lot will agree with what you've said above and won't bother but don't see it shouldn't be an option for those who want a pint

Not really, I know in my case it's easy to get caught up having a few beers and catching up with mates meaning you might miss the start of a game, hardly constitutes a serious alcohol problem

I have come to this conclusion as well Renfrew .It may just be a personal thing ,but the quality of the alcohol on sale is the most important thing for me.I cant imagine there will ever be a decent style of real ale on offer from a sixty shilling at 3.6% to an imperial stout at 14%.I would never even contemplate touching cheap chemical lager at 4%.It would be a pointless exercise anyway .At that strength the only effect it would have on me is further visits to toilets which can never cope with the current influx.(Anyone remember the San Ciro in 2005.Ankle deep in piss and running out the toilets and down the stairs !! )

Lets be honest , the alcohol would probably be sold out before kick off in the tradition all the other foodstuffs at Hampden. The only saving grace that their might be a pie left ,forgotten about in the frenzy to get at the drink.

And there is a simple reason that you can buy alcohol at the theater,racing track and rugby .The people who go to these sports don't have any history of aggression toward each other .Can't remember an occasion when the fans set about the people whose horse won the race and beat theirs into second.You can sit beside opposing fans at rugby however passionate or drunk they are ...no bother.Until the inhabitants of football grounds can behave in a civilized manner why reward them with the benefits (however dubious) of civilized behavior.

I not that fussed about a drink in the ground. I think the issue here is that football fans are being discriminated against as you can drink at almost all other sporting events. This is also over something that happened over 30 years ago and times and stadia have moved on.

The issue is we have segregation at football .We have not moved on in line the improvements in stadia

I not that fussed about a drink in the ground. I think the issue here is that football fans are being discriminated against as you can drink at almost all other sporting events. This is also over something that happened over 30 years ago and times and stadia have moved on.

However recent behaviour by fans kind of suggests that football fans can't be trusted.

No.

It proves Old Farm fans can't be trusted.

Because the fans of every other club are angels aren't they?

From personal experience at Scotland games it would be a mistake to sell beer at the games. The TA may not start riots but they are particularly disgusting with their piss head behaviour. There's nothing acceptable about grown men pissing and puking in the streets.

Agree with this.

People on this board appear confused by the issue as they respond by saying they personally wouldn't buy a beer or that it's currently permitted.

The issue is whether or not it should be allowed at all kiosks that sell pies, bovril, etc. the obvious answer in my view is that it should at least be trialled. If people don't want to buy it then the market will dictate. If people start getting too drunk and it impacts on the standard of supporter behaviour then that is also something that can be addressed.

I think we do ourselves a disservice by going along with the theory that we can't handle a beer or two during a football match.

Agree with this.

People on this board appear confused by the issue as they respond by saying they personally wouldn't buy a beer or that it's currently permitted.

The issue is whether or not it should be allowed at all kiosks that sell pies, bovril, etc. the obvious answer in my view is that it should at least be trialled. If people don't want to buy it then the market will dictate. If people start getting too drunk and it impacts on the standard of supporter behaviour then that is also something that can be addressed.

I think we do ourselves a disservice by going along with the theory that we can't handle a beer or two during a football match.

:ok: