Strangest Reasoning On Bringing Alcohol Into Stadia? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strangest Reasoning On Bringing Alcohol Into Stadia?

The legislation banned taking carry oots in, it didn't ban selling alcohol at football grounds, something the media seem to be missing. No-one is suggesting we lift that ban, we're just suggesting that maybe joe bloggs could get a pint like Farquar in the posh seats can. I don't actually think it would need a change in legislation to allow that.

The legislation banned taking carry oots in, it didn't ban selling alcohol at football grounds, something the media seem to be missing. No-one is suggesting we lift that ban, we're just suggesting that maybe joe bloggs could get a pint like Farquar in the posh seats can. I don't actually think it would need a change in legislation to allow that.

This.

I think I must be Ill I'm agreeing with EK more and more. ?

Even were it allowed I wouldnt be interested. I can get a pint before and after the gemme in a bar in CP if i want. Practically speaking, the thought of having to queue for a warmish plastic pint of lager doesnt appeal not to mention the impractability of what to do with the feckin thing once ive sat on my seat. Ill stick to a Ribena bottle filled wi tonic thanks.

Edited by neilly71

Even were it allowed I wouldnt be interested. I can get a pint before and after the gemme in a bar in CP if i want. Practically speaking, the thought of having to queue for a warmish plastic pint of lager doesnt appeal not to mention the impractability of what to do with the feckin thing once ive sat on my seat. Ill stick to a Ribena bottle filled wi tonic thanks.

It won't be compulsory.

It won't be compulsory.

That's the thing isn't it.

This could fall flat on its face if it was introduced (and after the initial curiousity had passed) and most folk ignored it.

There was bevvy on sale (real beer - not the Uefa/FIFA 0% coloured water) and the vast, I say "vast" majority of Scots around me in the stadium in Jacksonville ignored it.

This could fall flat on its face if it was introduced (and after the initial curiousity had passed) and most folk ignored it.

There was bevvy on sale (real beer - not the Uefa/FIFA 0% coloured water) and the vast, I say "vast" majority of Scots around me in the stadium in Jacksonville ignored it.

American beer isn't real beer :D. Budweiser was on sale at the World Cup in Brazil - I opted for a Sprite!

Edited by Charlie Endell

American beer isn't real beer :D. Budweiser was on sale at the World Cup in Brazil - I opted for a Sprite!

At American Sports the beer choice is phenomenal.

I've no idea how anyone can drink US 'Bud' or any 'Lite' beer when the US has so many better ones out there?

In the Parc des Princes in 2007 our fans were going for the lager in their droves.

I had a coke as there was a sign saying it was alcohol free - don't think many took that in though. :-))

I still think the argument from the likes of the Polis Wifie from 1980 is totally bonkers. Does she honestly think that if no alcohol was sold inside grounds then the whole crowd would be sober? Those who would buy inside the ground are the same folk who currently drink elsewhere - unchecked - before entering the stadium at present.

It really is a no brainer to bring this in subject to the same sort of rules as they have in England like no drinking in view of the pitch and sold in plastic cups.

In the Parc des Princes in 2007 our fans were going for the lager in their droves.

I had a coke as there was a sign saying it was alcohol free - don't think many took that in though. :-))

I still think the argument from the likes of the Polis Wifie from 1980 is totally bonkers. Does she honestly think that if no alcohol was sold inside grounds then the whole crowd would be sober? Those who would buy inside the ground are the same folk who currently drink elsewhere - unchecked - before entering the stadium at present.

It really is a no brainer to bring this in subject to the same sort of rules as they have in England like no drinking in view of the pitch and sold in plastic cups.

Why would the coke be anything other than alcohol free?

We were sitting opposite main away support in with the septics

We bought some cans Doullans ? But was v low alcohol content much to their amusement

We had been on the lash all day ; so food was more in order

Last Skatlaan game I've been too

Back home at time of Gib game ; did toy with idea of taking kids to their first game at Hampden

But flight Monday morning from ABZ back

Will save it for France next year.....

We were in good spirits by the time we got into the stadium, mind one of us got a pint and then said half way into it that it might send him over the edge :-))

Well, that's a good point well made.

The 5000 plus American micros and many regionals are producing some of the best beer in the world right now chaps.Few will be bottle conditioned though..

Try anything by Firestone Walker ,Alesmith or Pretty things and you wont be disappointed. Old favorites such as Anchor ,Pyramid and Brooklyn still hold up well and are pretty easy to find on the internet for delivery.Try beers of Europe from Kings Lynn.It stocks several hundred American beers .

Its a pity that most people associate American beers with cheap bland chemical lagers.But that's global mass marketing for you.