Preston Vs Man Utd - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ref has no option to give it"

He never touched him so what part of not touching him tells the commentator it's a penalty?

I didn't see it.

But it doesn't take "contact" for a challenge to be illegal.

The "offended" player may have been prevented illegally from continuing play. Or he may have been forced to take avoiding action from an illegal challenge.

There don't need to be "contact".

I didn't see it.

The "offended" player may have been prevented illegally from continuing play. Or he may have been forced to take avoiding action from an illegal challenge.

Looked like Rooney deliberately kicked the ground and fell.

Cheating f*ck, it's like Steven Gerrard.....beyond any kind of criticism.

I didn't see it.

You're right but it was a dive. He could just have kept running but chose to bite the turf.

Co-commentator is Ex Arsenal defender with the face for radio whose name escapes me! ?

I didn't see it.

Correct but it was a blatant dive.

Looked like Rooney deliberately kicked the ground and fell.

Cheating f*ck, it's like Steven Gerrard.....beyond any kind of criticism.

Of course they are - Sky et al would never get another interview out of them otherwise if they called them for what they really are.

Foreigners are disposable, because 90% of them hang around for 2 years max, but the blessed Terry, Gerrard and Rooney are sacrosanct, now and forever, Amen.

I must see football differently as the co-commentator has just said that despite Rooney bot being touched by the keeper it was a penalty as he had to dive to get out of the way? me,this shower should stick to news and documentaries as covering sport is not what they are decent at any more. What is all that about folks? Am I missing something? Is it because Rooney isn't foreign?