My Book - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Review number 99 just posted :ok: Sorry, I forgot too :blush:

Ah, that was yourself! Magic. Thanks a lot.

Up to 102 reviews, they're flying in at the moment. Overwhelmingly positive, great feeling. Really pleased folk are enjoying it and there are evidently a lot of other childish dicks who still find this shit funny out there.

think mine was 102. I genuinely did do a review in the summer, weirdly not on there though. Is there like an international Amazon site? Did it whilst in Spain.

It looks as though you've done one on Amazon.com, which it treats as separate to Amazon.co.uk

So I got two reviews for the price of one out of you, awesome! ;)

think mine was 102. I genuinely did do a review in the summer, weirdly not on there though. Is there like an international Amazon site? Did it whilst in Spain.

There's lots of them. Japanese, Canadian, German, French and a few more. Dillinger might be interested in NovelRank which tells you how many sales you have on each. Unfortunately only from the minute you sign up.

Just seen this thread and ordered a copy. I've also been trying to write my own book for years, hopefully getting somewhere with it now (finally!) so was interested to read about the self publishing option, will have to look into that.

Thanks a lot for ordering it dude, enjoy and please leave a review if you do!

Send me a PM if you have any questions whatsoever about self publishing.

Book now up to number 66 in the chart, please check it out for just 99p and help push it further up!

Just seen this thread and ordered a copy. I've also been trying to write my own book for years, hopefully getting somewhere with it now (finally!) so was interested to read about the self publishing option, will have to look into that.

Not had much experience with self-publishing, but if you want help approaching publishers just PM me.

Book arrived today. :ok:

It may be a while before I get round to reviewing it though as I go through spells of weeks/months barely reading, then devour several books at a time.

I do the same, nightshifts at work are dead now though so its prime reading time.

Book arrived today. :ok:

It may be a while before I get round to reviewing it though as I go through spells of weeks/months barely reading, then devour several books at a time.

I wouldn't worry about that, my wife still hasn't read it. And I'm not joking!

I know the feeling :whistling:

Neither has my crush ^ :(

• 3 weeks later...

Will be ordering a few next week Dillinger. Are you writing another one for 2016? Always fancied writing a funny one.. Writtena couple of academic ones but boring as feck.

Multiple orders, like the sound of that!

Not making any promises for 2016! But yes I'm 20,000 words into the next one. I do it all in my spare time so some spells are a lot more productive than others.

Don't let anything stop you from writing one. Make the time to write, even in little bursts, and even if it takes months or years it'll start to take shape eventually.

• 4 weeks later...

Final sales figures for "KERBY" in 2015 (from 04/03 to 31/12) stand at 584!

* There were 102 five-star reviews left on Amazon (there's already been another 2 left in 2016!).

* At its peak, the book was selling over 30 copies a day.

* In November, "KERBY" broke into Amazon's Top 40 Humour chart.

Thanks to anyone who bought the book, recommended it to friends, or helped in some way to make it an incredible year - here's to 2016!