The Rangers V Hibs - 900 Tickets For Away Fans - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Rangers V Hibs - 900 Tickets For Away Fans

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its in Rangers interests for QoTS and Falkirk to be within striking distance. I would personally want to avoid Hibs in any play off scenario so the closer they are to Hibs the better. I fancy us to finish in second place.

I don't think that Rangers will be able to avoid Hibs in any scenario.

I agree that Rangers will....probably, but not definitely....scrape over the line into 2nd place, but they'll end up playing Hibs who will most likely beat QoS/Falkirk in the 1st play-off.

At this moment in time, Hibs are a side getting better and Rangers are in chaos. I agree that 3 months is a long time in football, but Rangers have been ordinary (at best) all season and I just can't see Rangers getting past Hibs in a 2-legged play-off.

I don't think that Rangers will be able to avoid Hibs in any scenario.

I agree that Rangers will....probably, but not definitely....scrape over the line into 2nd place, but they'll end up playing Hibs who will most likely beat QoS/Falkirk in the 1st play-off.

At this moment in time, Hibs are a side getting better and Rangers are in chaos. I agree that 3 months is a long time in football, but Rangers have been ordinary (at best) all season and I just can't see Rangers getting past Hibs in a 2-legged play-off.

You are being very kind with 'ordinary'.....which isn't like you in fairness, what's up? Get yer hole last night with it being Valentines Day? :ok:

The thought of facing Hibs or Rangers in a play off is frightening!

:shocked:

I've said it before, but you could put the girl guides in Rangers shirts and they'd still beat motherwell and whoever comes into the play off is going to be on a high, while the 11th placed teams confidence will be rock bottom.

Got a decent run of games coming up with 3/4 at fir park, but given our leaky defence and complete lack of goals in the team, I've no idea where a result will come from.

Just as well there were only 900 Hibs tickets, otherwise there may have been a riot.

I thought at the time the split between fans was a joke.

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/spfl-await-rangers-v-hibernian-crowd-trouble-report-1-3690736

About 20 meters behind the goal, then a walkway to the Hibs fans left. A total joke, considering the shite that happened v Hearts.

Anyone shed any light?

J

Just as well there were only 900 Hibs tickets, otherwise there may have been a riot.

I thought at the time the split between fans was a joke.

http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/spfl-await-rangers-v-hibernian-crowd-trouble-report-1-3690736

About 20 meters behind the goal, then a walkway to the Hibs fans left. A total joke, considering the shite that happened v Hearts.

Anyone shed any light?

J

The arseholes in charge at Ibrox are utterly incompetent?

Which is why introducing drink into the stadium as well is a pointless exercise. Surely not having a drink for 2 hours in between isn't such a big deal.

It's not, I agree, I just don't think it would have any real bearing on pissed up bams going to the game pissed up. They will still do it, regardless as to where it is sold.

Ordinary folks being able to have a pint an hour before kick off/half time are the ones being penalised here. People should be given the choice IMO.

On the one hand I'm against football fans being treated differently from folk attending other events, be it rugby, concerts or whatever.

But, I have absolutely no doubt that there is a brain dead element amongst all supports that would ruin it for the rest of us!

I can last 2 hours without a drink, and in truth would rarely take advantage of the option were it available, and while I think football fans should be able to buy a plastic cup full of ambient temperature lager (there's a plus for winter football, keep the beer cold!) there's no need to change the rules, and as I say if they did, I've no doubt some of the morons would abuse it.

On the one hand I'm against football fans being treated differently from folk attending other events, be it rugby, concerts or whatever.

But, I have absolutely no doubt that there is a brain dead element amongst all supports that would ruin it for the rest of us!

I can last 2 hours without a drink, and in truth would rarely take advantage of the option were it available, and while I think football fans should be able to buy a plastic cup full of ambient temperature lager (there's a plus for winter football, keep the beer cold!) there's no need to change the rules, and as I say if they did, I've no doubt some of the morons would abuse it.

They seem to manage fine in England where some of the biggest morons anywhere go to watch Fitba.

They seem to manage fine in England where some of the biggest morons anywhere go to watch Fitba.

True, do they sell to away fans?

I'd presume some fixtures are "dry" or at least for away fans.

I think because they've always had it, it's not got the novelty factor it would have up here.

So in the 'olden days' pre 1980 you could take as many cans into the game as you wanted?

Say the game was a 3pm ko, you could rock up at 2pm with 8 cans and sit on the terrace for an hour and get gassed before the game started. Was that the typical scenario?

any older TAMBers confirm?

So in the 'olden days' pre 1980 you could take as many cans into the game as you wanted?

Say the game was a 3pm ko, you could rock up at 2pm with 8 cans and sit on the terrace for an hour and get gassed before the game started. Was that the typical scenario?

any older TAMBers confirm?

Correct.

True, do they sell to away fans?

I'd presume some fixtures are "dry" or at least for away fans.

I think because they've always had it, it's not got the novelty factor it would have up here.

Drink available all over the ground. Everytime I go to an English game I have a beer for novelty value.

J