The Rangers V Hibs - 900 Tickets For Away Fans - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Rangers V Hibs - 900 Tickets For Away Fans

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hazard a guess it's because Celtic only got 1800 at Pittodrie.

Daft really.

That's a bit unfair, that's about 10%, so you should get 5000+ if you want them.

It's interesting that Rangers and celtic give each other 8000 tickets, but other teams can't get 2000 (or 1000 in case of hibs).

Going off on a tangent, but given how poorly attended celtic park is these days, wouldn't it be nice if they moved the away section to an area with a view of the park...

The green brigade section, or even just round behind the goal in the current (or currant corner? :P ) corner as far round as they give Rangers?

That's a bit unfair, that's about 10%, so you should get 5000+ if you want them.

It's interesting that Rangers and celtic give each other 8000 tickets, but other teams can't get 2000 (or 1000 in case of hibs).

Going off on a tangent, but given how poorly attended celtic park is these days, wouldn't it be nice if they moved the away section to an area with a view of the park...

The green brigade section, or even just round behind the goal in the current (or currant corner? :P ) corner as far round as they give Rangers?

I asked Celtics SLO about that this season.

We had 700 there earlier this season. 550 were restricted view! He said he'd put suggestion to the board.

I await with baited breath.....

I asked Celtics SLO about that this season.

We had 700 there earlier this season. 550 were restricted view! He said he'd put suggestion to the board.

I await with baited breath.....

That whole section should be closed off while Celtic's attendances are low.

Either that or the away section moved to the upper tier, which is already closed.

I'd hazard a guess it's because Celtic only got 1800 at Pittodrie.

Daft really.

Yeah, it seems to be the reason. Will be circa 10k empty seats in the ground but Celtic won't give us more tickets.

Yeah, it seems to be the reason. Will be circa 10k empty seats in the ground but Celtic won't give us more tickets.

Closer to 30K empty seats.

I doubt if Celtic have had a home crowd over 35K this season, despite what they publish.

Closer to 30K empty seats.

I doubt if Celtic have had a home crowd over 35K this season, despite what they publish.

I done a high attendance estimate as I didn't want to get in to a crowd numbers conversation. You're probably correct though. :lol:

On a side note the local Ladbrokes in Invergordon has the usual promotion in the window.

It is £10 on Rangers to beat Hibs 3-0 wins £170.

Normally these bets are 1 Realistic and 2 decent odds to tempt you in.

This made me laugh as it is more of a novelty bet and odds of 17/1 for Rangers winning 3-0 aren't great.

Really don't get this. Can understand fans missing out on games if they are sellouts but if Hibs and Aberdeen fans want to see their teams and can't get tickets in stadiums that will be less than half full then the authorities do really need to have a good look at themselves, become involved and sort something out with all the clubs concerned. I don't have a ticket for the Dons game at Parkred but I'll still go. I'll have to go in a home end section. Far from ideal but if i speak nicely to some bobby in charge i may get put in with the Dons fans. More likely I'll get ejected though. May have to sit in silence then go for a good scrubdown afterwards.

Is the a protest planned for tonight? Does anyone have any details of it? I don't want to get caught up in anything. We are planning on taking the car through and just parking in the car park at asda think its £7

Protest is planned outside the main doors for around 7pm. You will be in the corner between the Broomie and the Govan stands so there's no real reason you should be anywhere near it (depending on where you buses park I suppose but I'd assume they'll be on or around Broomloan Road).

*Edit, just read your post properly. If you're parking in ASDA and walking you shouldn't really come anywhere near it.

Edited by Fairbairn

Protest is planned outside the main doors for around 7pm. You will be in the corner between the Broomie and the Govan stands so there's no real reason you should be anywhere near it (depending on where you buses park I suppose but I'd assume they'll be on or around Broomloan Road).

*Edit, just read your post properly. If you're parking in ASDA and walking you shouldn't really come anywhere near it.

Cheers fairbairn