Best Sandwich Filling.... - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best Sandwich Filling....

Fascination with tomato sauce baffles me. Some folk put it on almost everything they eat. What's the point in eating different foods, everything will just taste like tomato fecking sauce!!

My old man gives the best description of tomato sauce from his time in the Navy.

"Equalising Fluid"

J

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great roll but potential clogging of the arteries !

Actually it is not. You are living with food advice that is almost the opposite of what is actually good for you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2946617/Butter-ISN-T-bad-Major-study-says-80s-advice-dairy-fats-flawed.html

Crispy bacon is mingin.

and for any breakfast ingredient it should be BROWN sauce only!

red sauce is for fish fingers sandwiches and chips.

it's the law :wink2:

Brown & Red Sauce is sugar laden shite and should be avoided. If you use copious amounts of butter you don't need no mingin sauce anyhows so there.

Edited by thplinth

Butter ISN'T bad for you after all: Major study says 80s advice on dairy fats was flawed
  • Dietary advice from 1983 ordered cut of dairy fats and increase of carbs
  • UK and US governments 'practically destroyed' dairy industry with advice
  • Advice to eat more carbs 'to blame for obesity and diabetes epidemic'
Are you reading Cove, Peever?

Current Advice

Carbs 60-70%

Protein 20-30%

Fat 10%

That is a recipe for obesity and diabetes. It is not your fault, just body chemistry doing what it does.

If you want to (shed weight and) feel transformed physically eat this:

Carbs 10%

Protein 20-30%

Fat 60-70%

i.e reverse it.

Do not eat unatural unsaturated fats, vegetable oils etc, they are chemical shite, not actually foods just a 'food like' substance, like margarine.

Saturated fats are your real foods, butter, eggs, bacon, cheese, the lot.

Exercise is good but in moderation and is totally unnecessary for weight loss. In fact it most often results in weight gain if the diet is wrong. But otherwise it is good.

But above all else stop eating sugar or any food with added sugar. Sugar is substance that disrupts your hormonal system (insulin being the 'fattening hormone'). Think of sugar as like cocaine...of course foods taste/feel better with it in but at what cost to you physically. Give it it up and watch your health improve across the board, read up on its deleterious effects on your immune system. Most of the crap you are catching will be the result of it temporarily wiping out your immune system every time you have a big dose of it.

Think of the food industry now as like the tobacco industry but we are in the year 1903.

Edited by thplinth

The above post has so much utter shite in it, that I really don't know where to start.

It's not all shite. It's essential to eat foods that contain natural Saturated fats, such as red meat, dairy product, game etc.. It's extremely unhealthy to eliminate it from your diet.

A healthy sugar balance is more important.

The steak and eggs diet for example, works a treat, incuding cooking in butter, consuming lots of water and adding in additional protein. It's based on exercising/lifting in tandem with it though.

It's not all shite. It's essential to eat foods that contain natural Saturated fats, such as red meat, dairy product, game etc.. It's extremely unhealthy to eliminate it from your diet.

A healthy sugar balance is more important.

The steak and eggs diet for example, works a treat, incuding cooking in butter, consuming lots of water and adding in additional protein. It's based on exercising/lifting in tandem with it though.

If you are on a low carb intake it stands to reason you have to replace the missing carbs with something else, fat or protein. Eating too much protein is not the answer, you replace the carbs with fats. It goes against everything you have been taught most of your life. And not just any fats saturated fats mostly, some unsaturated mostly from olive oil and other natural sources,

Eliminate all added sugar, it is ing you up.

Studies have shown that exercise does not cause weight loss. In fact I think they show it results on average in a small weight gain. It makes you feel better, stronger and improves your health in many other ways but do not do it slavishly and too excess. (What wild animal exercises or needs to?) It is eating the wrong foods that is making people fat and causing the obesity epidemic that has literally exploded. And it all started at the same time they told us eggs butter and animal fats were bad and carbs were healthier. Boom. Look at the size of your arse and oh you've got a suite of serious health problems...let's not even start on cancer.

If you are on a low carb intake it stands to reason you have to replace the missing carbs with something else, fat or protein. Eating too much protein is not the answer, you replace the carbs with fats. It goes against everything you have been taught most of your life. And not just any fats saturated fats mostly, some unsaturated mostly from olive oil and other natural sources,

Eliminate all added sugar, it is ing you up.

Studies have shown that exercise does not cause weight loss. In fact I think they show it results on average in a small weight gain. It makes you feel better, stronger and improves your health in many other ways but do not do it slavishly and too excess. (What wild animal exercises or needs to?) It is eating the wrong foods that is making people fat and causing the obesity epidemic that has literally exploded. And it all started at the same time they told us eggs butter and animal fats were bad and carbs were healthier. Boom. Look at the size of your arse and oh you've got a suite of serious health problems...let's not even start on cancer.

Yup.

Eat less move more simple

If calories in > calories expended, you'll put on weight. It's as simple as that.

Beyond that. you should be basing your macros on what you're looking to achieve.

You can force your body to use fat as it's fuel source by denying it carbs but there's really no need. Although i appreciate fat bastards like the idea of still getting their sausage and bacon...

Eating the right types of carbs, at the right time in the day will enable you to have plenty energy to exercise and generally feel great.

I used to be a fat , now I'm the opposite. It's about making the right dietary and exercise choices.

Edited by Parklife

If calories in > calories expended, you'll put on weight. It's as simple as that.

Beyond that. you should be basing your macros on what you're looking to achieve.

You can force your body to use fat as it's fuel source by denying it carbs but there's really no need. Although i appreciate fat bastards like the idea of still getting their sausage and bacon...

Eating the right types of carbs, at the right time in the day will enable you to have plenty energy to exercise and generally feel great.

I used to be a fat , now I'm the opposite. It's about making the right dietary and exercise choices.

Well this will probably lead to more grief but also not correct.

Fat does not make you fat. Carbs make you fat.

This is a bit simplistic but carbs all dump vast amounts of sugar into your blood. To reduce that sugar level (which is dangerous for your health) your body releases insulin which typically reduces the sugar levels by turning it into body fat which is why insulin is the fattening hormone. If you have a high carb diet for long enough you will be continuously doing this - flooding your blood with high levels of sugar and releasing a lot of insulin to deal with it. This leads to insulin intolerance and type II diabetes eventually. As well as making you fat as .

Fat on the other hand has a glycemic index of zero. Yep that is right, zilch, so eating fat does not raise your blood sugar at all. So it does not trigger any insulin response and cannot therefore result in you getting fat.

Fat doers not make you fat,

it is the carbs.

But being a fatarse is the least of your worries on a high carb diet, the blubber is just a visible warning sign that the foods you are eating are slowly killing you.

If you have reduced your weight eating a lot of carbs you are doing it by essentially some form of starvation diet - burn more than you use and you use exercise to make sure you do.

On a high fat / low carb diet you will lose weight and you can eat as much as you want.

Some folk are so sensitive to carbs that even on a high carb starvation diet (1000 calories a day) they will put on weight! Amazing but true.

I don't understand how exercise can cause weight gain, assuming you're eating the same diet. Doesn't lifting weights and say cardio in the form of interbal training speed up your metabolism?

Because it causes hunger and if you are eating the wrong foods (high levels of carbs) to begin with it actually makes the problem worse.

Because it causes hunger and if you are eating the wrong foods (high levels of carbs) to begin with it actually makes the problem worse.

Im assuming youre eating the right foods. I know you can't out exercise a rubbish diet.

There's a documentary, fat head, sort of response to super size me were the guy eats only fast food but makes sure he eats 2000 calories per day and avoids fries and soda, walks 6 nights a week. Did this for 30 days, lost weight, lost inches off his weight and his blood results improved.

Im assuming youre eating the right foods. I know you can't out exercise a rubbish diet.

There's a documentary, fat head, sort of response to super size me were the guy eats only fast food but makes sure he eats 2000 calories per day and avoids fries and soda, walks 6 nights a week. Did this for 30 days, lost weight, lost inches off his weight and his blood results improved.

Well therein lies the problem.

What mostly everyone now thinks of as the 'right foods' are in fact the 'wrong foods' and what they believe now are the wrong foods are in fact the right foods. So are you talking about the real right foods or the ones you have been told are the right foods? Tricky this...

I'd warn everyone that Thplinth doesn't have a Scooby what he's talking about here. Ignore everything he says.

On this subject he's the definition of how knowing a little about something can be dangerous.

Well therein lies the problem.

What mostly everyone now thinks of as the 'right foods' are in fact the 'wrong foods' and what they believe now are the wrong foods are in fact the right foods. So are you talking about the real right foods or the ones you have been told are the right foods? Tricky this...

I've just started trying to eat better, cooking my own food etc, lean meat, veg, fish, nuts and fruit. Stay away from pasta, white rice and cereals. I did used to think that a bowl of special K was a lot better than bacon and eggs

I've just started trying to eat better, cooking my own food etc, lean meat, veg, fish, nuts and fruit. Stay away from pasta, white rice and cereals. I did used to think that a bowl of special K was a lot better than bacon and eggs

Rolled oats for breakfast. :ok:

Complex carbs which will not cause an insulin spike.

I'd warn everyone that Thplinth doesn't have a Scooby what he's talking about here. Ignore everything he says.

On this subject he's the definition of how knowing a little about something can be dangerous.

Yes and you are great example of someone being dangerously stupid. All carbs cause a sugar spike in your blood.

Actually I encourage to continue eating what you do, eat more carbs in fact.