Best Sandwich Filling.... - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best Sandwich Filling....

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and you are great example of someone being dangerously stupid. All carbs cause a sugar spike in your blood.

Actually I encourage to continue eating what you do, eat more carbs in fact.

Are you incapable of having a discussion without insulting people?

You were shown to be ignorant on climate change yesterday and you're showing yourself to be ignorant on nutrition here. I've no interest in continuing with this.

Jesus you are dense. Ok I will spell it out for you. If you want to post I am wrong or 'full of shit' or whatever you opened with then I will happily explain why you are talking out your arsehole as usual, it does not bother me, and equally if you want to flounce off in a huff like the wean you are I equally could not care less. You like to talk to people in an insulting way and then whine about it later when you get a similar level response. Man the up you crying ball of lard.

Ironically it is you putting peoples' lives in danger parroting your shit advice. You take care now.

I'm with plinthy and i'm not fat and have healthy cholesterol. So are my other family member who eat a high protein diet.

To me it seems quite logical that if you eat energy rich carbs and don't burn them off quickly you will get fat and your body feels like it needs an energy boost.

Eat more protein and a reasonable amount of fatty foods and tons of veg then its a slower process of energy release.

To me it seems quite logical that if you eat energy rich carbs and don't burn them off quickly you will get fat and your body feels like it needs an energy boost.

Eat more protein and a reasonable amount of fatty foods and tons of veg then its a slower process of energy release.

:ok:

To me it seems quite logical that if you eat energy rich carbs

Fat is far more energy rich than carbohydrates.

A gram of fat contains around 9 calories

A gram of carbohydrates contains around 4 calories.

It's important to have a balance and over consumption of carbs is the principal cause of obesity in this country.

It is important to eat the right kinds of carbs and the right kind of fats (oily fish/nuts/flax) at the right times.

Eating bacon/sausage/butter all the time won't make you healthy, no matter how loudly thplinth shouts it.

Correct this is the cause of 'sugar crash' phenomenon you get with eating a lot of carbs.

Eat carbs and carbs dump a vast amount of sugar into your blood stream, insulin gets released to lower it by storing it as body fat and typically reduces it too far causing you to then feel dizzy and hungry again very quickly leading to more consumption of carbs, another sugar dump into the blood, more insulin etc etc etc on and on and on until your body gets so stressed the insulin starts to not do it's job... then you are knocking on the door of being a diabetic and probably obese as well.

Fats do not do this.

Plus you typically cannot overeat fats / protein, you know when you have enough. Carbs on the other hand especially sugary ones you can eat all day long with out getting 'sated'.

Try ramping down the protein and ramp up the fats, you won't regret it. I understand if you eat too much protein (i.e. 60% protein instead of 60% fat) the body starts converting it to sugars somehow and you can get a similar carb type effect in your blood. There is a good rule with protein depending on how much you weigh. Something like eat a gram for every kilo you weigh every day - this is needed for your body to repair itself as well. I'll see if I can dig it out.

a quick google provides a reasonable intro into why a calorie is not a calorie no matter what the food.

http://authoritynutrition.com/6-reasons-why-a-calorie-is-not-a-calorie/

But also they way a calorie is measured across all foods by incineration in a bomb calorimeter, is not the same way your body derives the energy in that food. It is a crude, blunt and unreliable measure.

Also everyone is counting the calories going in but every time you have a shite there is also ones going out, are you counting them too?

Plus you can eat the exact same food in the exact same portion size but if you have it with some fibre it will run through your digestive tract faster and you will absorb lees energy before spaying it like pebble dash all over the bowl.

I'm kinda on 'the Thplinth method' since my GF started a lot of research into foods.

I'm not as rigid as her tho, as I am still partial to the morning bacon roll and I need my chocolate...and my biggest weakness - beer!

The biggest downside to it is all the different types of coconut oils in the kitchen now.

From previous reading I've done on diet and spoken with my triathlon coaches, thplinth is more correct, however your body still does need some carbs but natural ones, not things like white bread (in fact any bread really).

It really isn't as simple as calories in - calories out = accumulation/loss. The body is pretty complex in what fuels it needs for certain jobs and in what your lifestyle needs the fuel for. It can be simplified massively by only eating natural foods and making your own meals.

Generally I try and stick to natural foods that the human body has been eating for thousands of years - beef, lamb, chicken, fish, fruit, veg, nuts, legumes. I do have things like pasta, bread and rice in my diet but they aren't a staple and I do treat myself occasionally to "shite" food like chocolate and coke once in a while but not often. Beer is probably the biggest hit to my sugarless diet.

Ignoring the whole fat vs carbs diet as you do need both as well as protein to function correctly, best advice is to cut out added sugar foods and ready meals. Sugar from fruit is fine as long as you aren't ravaging through 14 bananas, 8 apples and a basket of oranges a day.

I remember reading an article where two twins went on separate diets for a month. One went without carbs and the other without fat. Both weren't particularly healthy at the end but for different reasons. The carb-less guy had lost more weight but had a lack of energy (he wasn't even allowed to eat fruit). The fat-less guy had more energy, had lost some weight but looked like he was developing several illnesses. The finding was that neith fat nor carbs causes obesity. It was found that it's the combination of the two in food that causes a cocaine like reaction in the body. In nature, you don't normally get both fat and carbs in the same food. Eg. meat has fat and protein, nuts has fat, fruit carbs, rice carbs etc etc. Since the evolution of bread and more recently ready meals, sugar and fat have been cooked together and it's the digestion of the two together that causes the cravings and addiction to "shite" foods.

The average sugar consumption in the UK is over 1kg per person per week. That is a whole bag plus each per week.

Some folk will be eating a lot higher than that it being only an average.

Even folk who do not think they consume a lot sweet things or take sugar from the sugar bowl are shocked to find out the amounts they are eating because sugar is added to almost everything you buy in the supermarket now.

"The food industry has contaminated the American food supply with added sugar to "sell more product" and thereby uphold their Wall Street mandate to increase profits. Of the 600,000 food items in the American grocery store, 80 percent have been spiked with added sugar; and the industry uses 56 other names for sugar on the label. They know when they add sugar, you buy more. And because you do not know you're buying it, you buy even more."

So that is 80% of everything for sale as food in a supermarket contains added sugar. The only foods you can eat from there are the ones typically found around the edges, the veg & fruit, meats, dairy etc...

Still Believe 'A Calorie Is a Calorie'?

The average sugar consumption in the UK is over 1kg per person per week. That is a whole bag plus each per week.

Some folk will be eating a lot higher than that it being only an average.

Even folk who do not think they consume a lot sweet things or take sugar from the sugar bowl are shocked to find out the amounts they are eating because sugar is added to almost everything you buy in the supermarket now.

"The food industry has contaminated the American food supply with added sugar to "sell more product" and thereby uphold their Wall Street mandate to increase profits. Of the 600,000 food items in the American grocery store, 80 percent have been spiked with added sugar; and the industry uses 56 other names for sugar on the label. They know when they add sugar, you buy more. And because you do not know you're buying it, you buy even more."

So that is 80% of everything for sale as food in a supermarket contains added sugar. The only foods you can eat from there are the ones typically found around the edges, the veg & fruit, meats, dairy etc...

Still Believe 'A Calorie Is a Calorie'?

Oh and get rid of aspartame too, unless you want cancer or a heart defect from inflammation.

Add in margarine and other fake food replacements that cause inflammation.

Also don't listen to chubby chefs like Jamie Oliver, never cook olive oil, it also cause inflammation. Olive oil should be eaten cold as a dressing.

Use butter or oil/fat from the food you're cooking to grease a pan.

From previous reading I've done on diet and spoken with my triathlon coaches, thplinth is more correct, however your body still does need some carbs but natural ones, not things like white bread (in fact any bread really).

It really isn't as simple as calories in - calories out = accumulation/loss. The body is pretty complex in what fuels it needs for certain jobs and in what your lifestyle needs the fuel for. It can be simplified massively by only eating natural foods and making your own meals.

Generally I try and stick to natural foods that the human body has been eating for thousands of years - beef, lamb, chicken, fish, fruit, veg, nuts, legumes. I do have things like pasta, bread and rice in my diet but they aren't a staple and I do treat myself occasionally to "shite" food like chocolate and coke once in a while but not often. Beer is probably the biggest hit to my sugarless diet.

Ignoring the whole fat vs carbs diet as you do need both as well as protein to function correctly, best advice is to cut out added sugar foods and ready meals. Sugar from fruit is fine as long as you aren't ravaging through 14 bananas, 8 apples and a basket of oranges a day.

I remember reading an article where two twins went on separate diets for a month. One went without carbs and the other without fat. Both weren't particularly healthy at the end but for different reasons. The carb-less guy had lost more weight but had a lack of energy (he wasn't even allowed to eat fruit). The fat-less guy had more energy, had lost some weight but looked like he was developing several illnesses. The finding was that neith fat nor carbs causes obesity. It was found that it's the combination of the two in food that causes a cocaine like reaction in the body. In nature, you don't normally get both fat and carbs in the same food. Eg. meat has fat and protein, nuts has fat, fruit carbs, rice carbs etc etc. Since the evolution of bread and more recently ready meals, sugar and fat have been cooked together and it's the digestion of the two together that causes the cravings and addiction to "shite" foods.

I find the easiest way to think about it is if I have some carbs I need to get some fat down me in a ratio of about 7:1 i.e. 7 calories of fat for every one calories of carb (limitations of the calories aside). With the remaining 20% coming from protein. So 7:2:1 Fat:Protein: Carbs

Perhaps the handiest food for quickly upping the fat ratio is macadamia nuts. Massively energy dense and mostly made of fat. 300g of those bad boys provide enough energy for you all day. The king of nuts.

Edited by thplinth

Oh and get rid of aspartame too, unless you want cancer or a heart defect from inflammation.

Add in margarine and other fake food replacements that cause inflammation.

Also don't listen to chubby chefs like Jamie Oliver, never cook olive oil, it also cause inflammation. Olive oil should be eaten cold as a dressing.

Use butter or oil/fat from the food you're cooking to grease a pan.

Aye margarine is manufactured from synthetic oils and is to be avoided like the plague. A food like substance...

Coconut oil is one of the most saturated oils you can find (90%+ saturated IIRC). I typically use butter for cooking but you can cook with it also and it makes a superb chemical free moisturizer.

When I jacked in the added sugar I got the occasional sweet tooth craving so I would but a sugar free coke or whatever. Interesting that passed and I do not have a sweet tooth at all. Funny how quickly you get used to it. I also read the artifical sweetners can trigger a sugar like response in some people as well.

The good news is dry white & red wine is pretty much low carb so can still enjoy a good drink if you fancy (spirits as well of course but no sugary mixers).

There is an urban myth that has been doing the rounds that McDonalds only put a gherkin into a Big Mac as otherwise it would be defined as a dessert as there is so much sugar in one (presumably in the bun). The interesting thing being, for me, just how much sugar their 'meals' must contain for this to have been almost believable.

There is an urban myth that has been doing the rounds that McDonalds only put a gherkin into a Big Mac as otherwise it would be defined as a dessert as there is so much sugar in one (presumably in the bun). The interesting thing being, for me, just how much sugar their 'meals' must contain for this to have been almost believable.

Have you seen the picture of the last McDonalds meal in Iceland? There are no McDonalds branches in Iceland anymore and they have a display of the last meal there that hasn't rotted in several years. The amount of sugar, salt and other preservatives in it to enable that is mind blowing.

Have you seen the picture of the last McDonalds meal in Iceland? There are no McDonalds branches in Iceland anymore and they have a display of the last meal there that hasn't rotted in several years. The amount of sugar, salt and other preservatives in it to enable that is mind blowing.

The burger bun hasn't even went mouldy. WTF!?!