Best Sandwich Filling.... - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best Sandwich Filling....

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fascination with tomato sauce baffles me. Some folk put it on almost everything they eat. What's the point in eating different foods, everything will just taste like tomato fecking sauce!!

Technically i dip my food in it. I just dont like stuff with no sauce on it, always been the same. different foods have different flavours and textures etc. Sauce just adds more.

Youre basically saying a sausage and chicken are the same because they have the same sauce on them.

There is an urban myth that has been doing the rounds that McDonalds only put a gherkin into a Big Mac as otherwise it would be defined as a dessert as there is so much sugar in one (presumably in the bun). The interesting thing being, for me, just how much sugar their 'meals' must contain for this to have been almost believable.

Most flavoured yoghurts have so much sugar in them they are technically junk food. Yet parents feed them to children thinking they are healthy. You have to ask yourselves how did they come to believe such lies.

Most flavoured yoghurts have so much sugar in them they are technically junk food. Yet parents feed them to children thinking they are healthy. You have to ask yourselves how did they come to believe such lies.

Cos Gordon Broon telt them.

Good old msm

4 grams of sugar is about a decent teaspoon.

People do not realize they are adding this shit to everything now. For example a packet of wotsits (not something you typically think of as sweet) contain nearly half a teaspoon sugar per pack according to the nutrition data.

http://www.fatsecret.co.uk/calories-nutrition/walkers

Have you weighed a packet of wotsits? 33g so that is nearly 5% sugar content in a packet of dry maize based cheesy crisps. Can you imagine what less 'savoury' things are like.

Sugar is the favoured added ingredient of the food industry - it makes them rich and you ill and fat.

I remember watching a programme with Zoe Salmon(?) where she basically ate pre-packaged food and weight watchers branded stuff (don't think we need to have that discussion). She went to a factory where they make 'diet' branded yoghurts and was appalled to find that not only did they substitute the fat for sugar but they were filled with ground goose feathers to make you feel 'fuller for longer'. The scientist who was working with her stated that she was lucky she didn't live in China as they use ground human hair.

Are you a guy with moobs?

Sugar is endocrine disrupter. That means it messes with you hormonal balance and for men this means it can result in the over production of estrogen. This causes some to develop secondary female sex characteristics. e.g. for example you will start to put on weight where a female does...

This is just a visible side effect. What is doing inside of you is even worse. It gives a whole new meaning to the term 'Sugar Tits".

Again, I have around 8% bodyfat. We can let that speak for me. :)

Another ridiculous claim.

Did you measure that with a set of calipers. (Are you living in victorian scotland)

OK. You could be thin looking on the outside but fat on the inside.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOFI

Did you go for an MRI to determine you were 8% body fat?

Or was the 8% claim what your 'personal trainer' told you?

You know the guy with 1 O Grade*

(*please update for latest qualifications)

I'm not saying they're the same. I'm saying they'll both taste like tomato sauce.

they do to an extent but they still taste of whatever they are too. I like bbq sauce too if that helps haha.

I do get what you are saying though.

Your "argument" is now finding medical conditions online and making up that I have them.

Whatever floats your boat.

I was only trying to tell you something that might significantly improve your life. You wrote it off thinking your knowledge vastly superior. It wasn't.

You will see more and more of this. Because there is a tsunami of disease coming as a result of the bad advice given. The costs to the taxpayer make the pensions deficit look like small change.

(edit ooops sorry this last bit is more a foot note:

We are approaching the singularity, for us dumbo ape kuntz, that is total war.)

Edited by thplinth

Between 15-20g of sugar in a can of Heinz Soup.

Wouldn't think of soup as being sugary, well I wouldn't.

I think panorama did a program about this, they had std v healthy options and looked at the comparison, the results were quite damning. Also looked at normal foods like a slice of bread, you'd be as well just downing a bag of Tate and Lyle.

I think panorama did a program about this, they had std v healthy options and looked at the comparison, the results were quite damning.

For goodness sake Kumnio, there's enough trouble in this thread without you bringing sex and diseases into the equation!

I like squashed falafel and hummus in pita bread.

Between 15-20g of sugar in a can of Heinz Soup.

Wouldn't think of soup as being sugary, well I wouldn't.

I think panorama did a program about this, they had std v healthy options and looked at the comparison, the results were quite damning. Also looked at normal foods like a slice of bread, you'd be as well just downing a bag of Tate and Lyle.

Sugar itself is a preservative so the food industry loves to add it in ever increasing quantities to extend shelf life. That is one reason the food industry loves sugar.

But another more important one is that you can mix it in with normally unpalatable foods or even food like synthetic substances and it makes them palatable.

As if that was not bad enough the food industry then disguises / counterbalances the sweetness with added salt. Sugar can make shite tasty (almost). So that hugely increases the range of crap substances they can sell you as food. Without the added sugar you would not eat most of the crap that you eat. Because it would taste feckin rank or bland like eating cardboard.

This is where the money is as they see it - not in real foods. Check out the 'food' products firms like Nestle and Unilever make. They do not own farms, they own chemical factories. There is not one thing they make I would touch.

Edited by thplinth

I would also bet every penny I had that the reason we were all sold this horrendous dietary advice in the late 70's early 80 was the food industry corrupted the science. It is a scandal of such massive proportions , look around at the state of people in general now compared to footage of the TA in Wembley, hardly any fatties in comparison. One in three in the UK is pre-diabetic... Diabetes is just having above a certain defined level of blood sugar. So one third of people are nearing that defined level but are not officially diabetic yet. The load on the NHS and your taxes is going to explode beyond even what it is now, i.e. massively costly. The food industry is fighting a rear guard action just like the tobacco industry did. They will resist this using every dirty means possible for as long as they can.

Herpes you say.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/avoid-sugar-an-immune-suppressor-to-boost-immunity.html

Try it for yourself would be my advice.

I jacked added sugar in almost a year ago now after reading Pure White & Deadly and I have not had a single thing (illness wise) all year since.

It really is noticeable, not even a cold sore / scabby lip, nothing.

Occasionally I noticed I felt more sensitive to temperature for a day or two, felt a bit hot then a bit cold but that was it. My guess is that would have manifested into a cold in the past.

Could be a coincidence but I really don't think so.

Added sugar is bad news.

edit: I forgot I also had a couple of minor but stubborn ailments disappear during this time as well. Really can't recommend it enough thinking about it more.

Edited by thplinth