Allan Johstone Quits - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Allan Johstone Quits

Did the Club 'kill' Johnston's skills as a manager or was it the jump up the scale.

He was very good with Q O S was he not..

I thought it was a good appointment at the time...

Get Mixu :ok: Back....

Really nice guy is Allan Johnstone, a proper gent.

He also did a lot of work with Killie's youth system, personally taking their u12s or 13s I believe?

Did a right good job at QOS and I'm surprised it never worked out for him. I can only think he wasn't a strong enough character to make it work. Nice guys finishing last and all that. It's a strange situation to have a manager in situ who is leaving at the end of the season. Will be interesting to see how it works.

I wish him well in his future. Even killie fans, despite his poorish performance as manager, must see he tried hard and conducted himself in a respectable manner throughout.

Really nice guy is Allan Johnstone, a proper gent.

He also did a lot of work with Killie's youth system, personally taking their u12s or 13s I believe?

Did a right good job at QOS and I'm surprised it never worked out for him. I can only think he wasn't a strong enough character to make it work. Nice guys finishing last and all that. It's a strange situation to have a manager in situ who is leaving at the end of the season. Will be interesting to see how it works.

I wish him well in his future. Even killie fans, despite his poorish performance as manager, must see he tried hard and conducted himself in a respectable manner throughout.

Hahaha.

Not sure if serious.

Did the Club 'kill' Johnston's skills as a manager or was it the jump up the scale.

He was very good with Q O S was he not..

I thought it was a good appointment at the time...

Get Mixu :ok: Back....

he made 4 of the worst signings I've seen (ok maybe not the worst but bad anyway) - 4 strikers who before joining Killie had made 220 starts collectively resulting in 20 goals....

the turned out to be less prolific than that.

just not smart - those 4 salaries would have kept Boyd at a the club.

he made 4 of the worst signings I've seen (ok maybe not the worst but bad anyway) - 4 strikers who before joining Killie had made 220 starts collectively resulting in 20 goals....

the turned out to be less prolific than that.

just not smart - those 4 salaries would have kept Boyd at a the club.

Did he make the signings though?? They may have sign for Kilmarnock during his time. But did he identify them and say I want him? From a conversation I had with him a while back it seemed he wasn't in control of transfers.

Thought he had gone now not the end of season. I'll give you the benefit of the jump up being too much as I don't follow Killie as closely now as I used to. Hopefully we will get someone decent in that will do a job for us but at the moment I wonder who will come to us now

Did he make the signings though?? They may have sign for Kilmarnock during his time. But did he identify them and say I want him? From a conversation I had with him a while back it seemed he wasn't in control of transfers.

Of course he signed them.

You obviously believe everything that he says.

Eremenko wasn't his signing but that was actually one of the decent ones. I've never seen a manager so out his depth.

Of course he signed them.

You obviously believe everything that he says.

Eremenko wasn't his signing but that was actually one of the decent ones. I've never seen a manager so out his depth.

Why would I disbelieve him? And from your posts on another subject you are taking one, questionably moraled, youth's word over that of a man who has been in the game for many years and nobody seems to have a bad word against.

He coached the young lads every Sunday. Seen it myself. They all seemed to love the "proper manager" being there taking an interest.

Robbie muirhead's word is not the be all and end all. Show me any corroboration as to how the youths disrespect him. It counters everything I've personally seen.

Yeah he didn't do brilliantly, but killie are at their level. What do you expect? Poor support, next to no financial backing. Similar to most fans in scotland there are unrealistic expectations.