Allan Johstone Quits - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Allan Johstone Quits

Loved AJ as a player for us but he had a thankless task from the off with the fans still raging over the dismissal of Shiels. If he'd got it right on the park in the first season attitudes towards him may have warmed but that didn't happen.

All the best for the future Allan.

Would prefer Gary Holt as mentioned: articulate, thorough and passionate for the club. The fans would give him backing I am sure. Would he want to come while MJ is still exerting his influence over proceedings however? Wouldn't blame him if he ran a mile from the job...

Why would I disbelieve him? And from your posts on another subject you are taking one, questionably moraled, youth's word over that of a man who has been in the game for many years and nobody seems to have a bad word against.

He coached the young lads every Sunday. Seen it myself. They all seemed to love the "proper manager" being there taking an interest.

Robbie muirhead's word is not the be all and end all. Show me any corroboration as to how the youths disrespect him. It counters everything I've personally seen.

Yeah he didn't do brilliantly, but killie are at their level. What do you expect? Poor support, next to no financial backing. Similar to most fans in scotland there are unrealistic expectations.

I'm not going on Muirheads word. I'm talking about quite a few first team players.

He had worse record out of any killie manager in my lifetime. Utterly clueless.

He had next to no tactical awareness. It was embarrassing.

I know where killie are and don't have unrealistic expectations.

Allan Johnston was utterly clueless and we're well rid.

Who do you all want in?

I'd like to see somebody who realises the limitations we have financially and also somebody who puts a big emphasis on developing youth.

Not really a fan of getting managers in purely because they support the team but gary Holt ticks a lot of boxes.

Would be a gamble but he'd certainly galvanise a fragmented support.