Today's Spfl - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Today's Spfl

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the statement from Dundee United. All caley fans would have already left and some were in Perth when they found out. Won't be many going to a midweek game in February time. Is the temperature really that low that ubsersoil heating can't defrost the pitch?

January 17, 2015A Club spokesperson said: Naturally were very disappointed the game cant go ahead due to the sub zero temperatures we have experienced overnight. Despite taking every precaution and our undersoil heating being on since first thing on Thursday morning, there are patches of the pitch that are a safety hazard for the players particularly in and around the goalmouth areas. We dont want to take any chances with player safety and as such, while we wanted to give the game as much chance to happen as possible, we also wanted to give fans adequate notice to save unnecessary travel.We have also decided that, as a good will gesture in appreciation of the effort being made by supporters at this time of year, we will let supporters of Inverness and Dundee United attend the rescheduled fixture for £5.

Here's the statement from Dundee United. All caley fans would have already left and some were in Perth when they found out. Won't be many going to a midweek game in February time. Is the temperature really that low that ubsersoil heating can't defrost the pitch?

Weird McDiarmids was on and it's fine... I would also suggest that it may have been colder... i was in the vicinity this morning and the car thermometer was showing -2 at 9 am.

I know that Arabs will think I'm at it because I'm a Dee, but the Utd game being called off is scandalous, it's mild here, and there was less than 1cm of snow, if they didn't turn the under soil heating on, then they should be punished.

I live 5 minutes from Tannadice and I would never have thought the game was in any doubt at all.

We have also decided that, as a good will gesture in appreciation of the effort being made by supporters at this time of year, we will let supporters of Inverness and Dundee United attend the rescheduled fixture for £5.

This has to be a joke surely. If you want to attend the rearranged game, and have already bought a ticket, you will be charged another fiver?

January 17, 2015A Despite taking every precaution and our undersoil heating being on since first thing on Thursday morning, there are patches of the pitch that are a safety hazard for the players particularly in and around the goalmouth areas.

That just cant be true.

This has to be a joke surely. If you want to attend the rearranged game, and have already bought a ticket, you will be charged another fiver?

it's not clear but surely if you bought a ticket for today's match it would be valid for the rearranged fixture...?! This is Dundee United though I suppose.

I know that Arabs will think I'm at it because I'm a Dee, but the Utd game being called off is scandalous, it's mild here, and there was less than 1cm of snow, if they didn't turn the under soil heating on, then they should be punished.

I live 5 minutes from Tannadice and I would never have thought the game was in any doubt at all.

Hearing the same -pitch was fine. But at the end of the day it was inspected and called off. Strange decision.