Darren Fletcher To West Brom - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Darren Fletcher To West Brom

ZoltanBuchan

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's an average player - no more, no less.

FFS, this again? He's not a play-maker, fair enough, but he's brilliant at what he does. He's never been a 'highlights player', and has always suffered for that in some people's eyes.

Poor from what I saw of the game, his passing was bad, almost gave the ball away in the 6 yard box with a ridiculous pass, poor touch when played in from a free kick but made a good run at the corner for the first goal and would surely have had a tap in if brunt missed it. That said I didn't see the whole of the game, he was getting about the pitch quiet well so looked fairy fit

Edited by LewisEDI

Fletcher and Brown at 100% plus our creative players, is an exciting prospect.

Don't know if strachan would play both in the same team. Great to have both in squad though, I think fletcher would make an excellent stand in for Broonie if he is suspended or injured like he was in the opening game of the campaign. Did fletcher not play in Broonies position in Dortmund ?

We need all the players we have playing.so a fit fletcher is another player...so from that point if view then ur correct.but so many people have been carried along by the fact he played for man utd

therefore must start is ridiculous.as I say I can't remember 3 good games he played for Scotland...

I can very easily remember 3 good games Fletcher played for Scotland.

The 1-0 win against the Dutch.

The 1-1 draw against Italy.

The 3-0 win away to Slovenia.

Also, the 1-0 defeat against Holland and the 2-2 draw against the Czech Republic where against Levein's instructions he got out his own half and supported Miller twice and we scored twice.

The Euro 2008 campaign when it was himself, Ferguson and Hartley in the midfield.

It remains to be seen whether he can recapture his form before the illness got debilitating but if you're saying you can't remember him playing a good game for Scotland that says more about your memory than it does about Fletcher's past performances.

I can very easily remember 3 good games Fletcher played for Scotland.

The 1-0 win against the Dutch.

The 1-1 draw against Italy.

The 3-0 win away to Slovenia.

Also, the 1-0 defeat against Holland and the 2-2 draw against the Czech Republic where against Levein's instructions he got out his own half and supported Miller twice and we scored twice.

The Euro 2008 campaign when it was himself, Ferguson and Hartley in the midfield.

It remains to be seen whether he can recapture his form before the illness got debilitating but if you're saying you can't remember him playing a good game for Scotland that says more about your memory than it does about Fletcher's past performances.

:ok:

Poor from what I saw of the game, his passing was bad, almost gave the ball away in the 6 yard box with a ridiculous pass, poor touch when played in from a free kick but made a good run at the corner for the first goal and would surely have had a tap in if brunt missed it. That said I didn't see the whole of the game, he was getting about the pitch quiet well so looked fairy fit

Sky said he had the highest pass completion rate in the team?

Reading some of the comments on here you'd think Ferguson played him and kept him around because he was Scottish. Ferguson never did sentiment, just look at the players who he made leave because he didn't think they were good enough anymore, sadly for Fletcher it would have meant him as well. Doesn't mean he can't do a job still for west Brom and us.