Atp World Tour 2015 - Page 12 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Atp World Tour 2015

min

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murray's astonishingly unlucky to be competing with 3 of the best players the world has ever seen.

If he'd been around the 90's for instance, when relatively poor players were winning Grand Slams, Murray would have won about 12 by now.

A top match from two great players... And to think, it's not that long ago since some commentators reckoned Andy lacked bottle!

The break may favour Djokovic, but I think Andy will have the better sleep - after watching the fitba of course!

That last hour was some of the best tennis I've ever watched. Great stuff from both men.

Great bottle, heart and skill from Andy to haul himself back in to the match.

That last hour was some of the best tennis I've ever watched. Great stuff from both men.

Great bottle, heart and skill from Andy to haul himself back in to the match.

Agreed.

I have followed Andy's career from its embryonic stage and he is so damned frustrating at times. A fair few times I have despaired as he has tamely gone down in straight sets whilst other times he can dig out wins from a lost situation. A lot of the times tame losses are because he cannot find that consistent top gear but times in matches sometimes a switch goes on to fire him up. That happened today when Novak was toying with him towards the end of the third set by drop shotting him then followed up with a lob and Murray was on a string but he turned that point around hitting a cross court passing winner and he went ballistic, following it up with another cracker and he was at that different level and went on to break. If only Andy could find that level more often and be able to hold that level as when he does he can do whatever he likes or that is as it seems.

Murray was playing very well when it was suspended - seemed to have djoko lightly rattled as he would not buckle. However with the break I bet djokovic comes out blazing and buries it. I hope not but that's the fear. Bad time for a break for Murray as he was well fired up.

Strike that is is STV at noon it is on.

Murray was playing very well when it was suspended - seemed to have djoko lightly rattled as he would not buckle. However with the break I bet djokovic comes out blazing and buries it. I hope not but that's the fear. Bad time for a break for Murray as he was well fired up.

Yes I share these thoughts. Murray needs a fast start but it is not something you normally associate with him. He normally needs a rip-roaring winner from an impossible situation to fire him into top gear. If that happens early that could do the trick. If he can keep it tight and until late doors ie 5-5 in this set then Novak will get tight and that may be the time for Andy to strike. If it is to be a loss it is no massive big deal as Andy is only beginning to emerge as a force on clay and the grass court season coming up is where he is far more at home.