Atp World Tour 2015 - Page 17 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Atp World Tour 2015

min

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No rest at this time of year! After such a huge effort, will be interesting to see how they get on this week in Cincinnati.

Potential route to the title for Murray:

R32 - Troicki

R16 - Dimitrov

QF - Cilic

SF - Federer

F - Djokovic

Quite important that Andy retains the nr. 2 spot going into the US open to definitely avoid clashing with Djokovic before the final. Anything other than a Federer win this week will be enough - I think.

Quite important that Andy retains the nr. 2 spot going into the US open to definitely avoid clashing with Djokovic before the final. Anything other than a Federer win this week will be enough - I think.

Federer won this event last year so is defending 1000 points. Murray only got to the 1/4s last year, so is only defending 180 points.

Murray is currently 595 points ahead of Federer. So, unless i'm misunderstanding the way the points work, i don't think there's any chance that Murray can lose the number 2 spot to Federer this week?

Murray also only got to the 1/4's of the US Open last year, while Federer got to the Semi's. So there's a good opportunity for Murray to consolidate the number 2 spot over the remainder of the year.

Federer won this event last year so is defending 1000 points. Murray only got to the 1/4s last year, so is only defending 180 points.

Murray is currently 595 points ahead of Federer. So, unless i'm misunderstanding the way the points work, i don't think there's any chance that Murray can lose the number 2 spot to Federer this week?

Murray also only got to the 1/4's of the US Open last year, while Federer got to the Semi's. So there's a good opportunity for Murray to consolidate the number 2 spot over the remainder of the year.

They moved the calendar a bit, so the points from this event last year dropped off this morning - that's what gives Murray the 595 point lead.

They moved the calendar a bit, so the points from this event last year dropped off this morning - that's what gives Murray the 595 point lead.

Ahhh, understood.

Federer needs to win the tournament (and Murray to lose before the final), in order to get back to 2nd spot.

Ahhh, understood.

Federer needs to win the tournament (and Murray to lose before the final), in order to get back to 2nd spot.

Yes and as Federer and Murray are scheduled to meet in the semi this week, I think it's as simple as:

Federer wins this weeks tournament - he'll be number 2 seed at flushing meadows

Any other outcome - Murray will be number 2 seed at flushing meadows

No rest at this time of year! After such a huge effort, will be interesting to see how they get on this week in Cincinnati.

Potential route to the title for Murray:

R32 - Troicki

R16 - Dimitrov

QF - Cilic

SF - Federer

F - Djokovic

Troicki lost his opener against Mardy Fish, who'll now play Murray in the R32 - probably tomorrow.

One thing's for sure he won't win an Oscar this season....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/34007825

:-))

Fair play to him for that!

Didn't see any of the tennis yesterday, but appears to have been an entertaining day - Murray saving a match point and Djokovic coming from two breaks down in the deciding set of his match. Nadal still struggling and bowing out.

Murray up against Gasquet in the QF today.

These Masters tournaments seem harder to win than Slams. Not 5 sets but almost no rest days and all the best players to be beaten in a week. At Wimbledon there can be weaker players in first 2 rounds.

They are extremely tough - this one in particular as it's consecutive to Canada and then only a weeks break before the U.S. open. 10 years or so ago, the final in each masters event was 5 sets, but the current system is fairer as the modern game is much more physical. Can't feel sorry for them though as the prize money in these tournaments gives decent reward - over $700k for the winner tomorrow.