Can Someone Other Than Celtic Win The Title? - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Can Someone Other Than Celtic Win The Title?

Putting aside the fact that no one in their right mind would want to go to aberdeen you have to look at the fact that aberdonians are so desperate to get away from their shithole of a city and it's ugly wimmen that they go to away games and the club would actually get money back, if gate sharig was in effect.

Typical aberdonian no voting tory only thinking about himself.

My god, still not gotten over that burd fae Aberdeen binning you eh? So bitter and so myopic. Hey ho - merry Christmas.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without something done to allow competition Celtic will win the Scottish league forever. If Aberdeen and others are more interested in small differences in their own little pot of money then the game will eventually die of boredom.

Gate pooling and sharing happens in North American sports for the single reason that the yanks recognise that nobody wants to watch a sport with competition.

I'm all for gate sharing.

The Yanks have it right of course.....financial fairness, wage caps and draft picks to make sure that competition remains consistent.

It's far thinking, and it works. No chance that football will ever adopt it.

I'm all for gate sharing.

The Yanks have it right of course.....financial fairness, wage caps and draft picks to make sure that competition remains consistent.

It's far thinking, and it works. No chance that football will ever adopt it.

An enlightened don! Rossy I salute you!! ?

Aberdeen didn't vote against gate sharing in isolation.

The fuked up tv deal and league withdrawal scenario were significant in their decision I'm sure.

Lack of competition and trust isn't all to do with AFC.

Question is how do they fix it?

Redz we need to all fix it together - like the Germans did when their football went down the pan, and look at them now. But it will need some parties to throw away self interest. And not just you lot, we would all have to do the same.

Redz we need to all fix it together - like the Germans did when their football went down the pan, and look at them now. But it will need some parties to throw away self interest. And not just you lot, we would all have to do the same.

Amen brother. I don't think anything other was being suggested either. Still don't see how we get there at the moment though.

Fairness in competition doesn't just stop at voting rights though. There are plenty examples of larger clubs shafting smaller clubs. That needs to stop too.

Amen brother. I don't think anything other was being suggested either. Still don't see how we get there at the moment though.

Fairness in competition doesn't just stop at voting rights though. There are plenty examples of larger clubs shafting smaller clubs. That needs to stop too.

Agree with that. Voting rights is the first thing that needs to change, otherwise nothing else can.

The death of Rangers was a great opportunity to change it, and we blew it.

Celtic can't even beat bottom of the tabe Ross County to give the others a sniff. Dundee United having beat celtic last week then slip up to St Johnstone to let celtic off the hook. Can Aberdeen beat ICT to close the gap or will they allow a shocking result for celtic to still allow them to extend their lead.

that's why I can't see past celtic, not that they are anything great, the others just don't have what it takes to be champions.

:sing: we're gonnae win the league, we're gonnae win the league :sing:

:rollsmile:

Don't see why not. You have a manager with his head screwed on and is getting the best out of his squad, games like today are the ones which would have been dropped points in past seasons.

Hopefully Milne will take a wee gamble and let McInnes delve into the transfer market in January just to keep everyone on their toes.

A genuine title race this season would be brilliant and there is no reason why it can't be as Celtic can't seem to string a decent run of results together to create a meaningful gap.

Hopefully Milne will take a wee gamble and let McInnes delve into the transfer market in January just to keep everyone on their toes.

I hope we don't gamble at all. It'd be great to be in a title race or win the league but we can't get back in to debt.

There will be no gambling by Aberdeen.

Hopefully a couple in to bolster the squad. Probably a couple out on loan too.

If we can match the quality of the signings last January in Rooney and Logan then that is as much as we can hope for.

Whether that would result in mounting a challenge to Celtic remains to be seen.

Edited by AberdeenAngus

I wasn't suggesting that Aberdeen do a "Tor Andre Flo" in the transfer market :-)) I just mean get a couple of back up's in case of injury or form loss, may not even need to part with a fee, depending on who is available.

The fact they will be in a title race should make the club a fair bit more appealing to players anyway!

I wasn't suggesting that Aberdeen do a "Tor Andre Flo" in the transfer market :-)) I just mean get a couple of back up's in case of injury or form loss, may not even need to part with a fee, depending on who is available.

The fact they will be in a title race should make the club a fair bit more appealing to players anyway!

:ok::ok:

The powers that be should be promoting the hell out of our league this season, not many leagues are this tight at the top right now. The championship was supposed to be the tight and entertaining league this season yet it's practically finished already.

Hearn was right...