Man United V Liverpool - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Man United V Liverpool

To those who are interested, massive match tomorrow at Old Trafford.

Don't know if Fletcher has made the squad yet but reckon if fit, he could be important if used in shutting out the only credible threat left in the anfield team in Gerrard.

Should be an absolute cracker of a match by all accounts.

I'm going for a United slim victory but Liverpool to take the glory in yellow and red cards.

Don't know if Fletcher has made the squad yet but reckon if fit, he could be important if used in shutting out the only credible threat left in the anfield team in Gerrard.

I'm going for a United slim victory but Liverpool to take the glory in yellow and red cards.

Christ, ye get beat by the Dandies and you go onto foreign fitba' to get o'er it! :-D

Del, yer some laddie!

Not looking forward to it, never do when we play you lot to much at stake.And with us playing crap then i think you may edge it by a lot of goals :angry: .

If Sterling could finish, LFC would be winning.

Can somebody explain Adam Lallana to me. He has the odd wee flick but that apart is completely ineffective for the most part. And I don't get Rodgers' fascination with Joe Allen - completely ineffective as a holding midfielder

Edited by tartandon

If Sterling could finish, LFC would be winning.

Can somebody explain Adam Lallana to me. He has the odd wee flick but that apart is completely ineffective for the most part. And I don't get Rodgers' fascination with Joe Allen - completely ineffective as a holding midfielder

Ditto, and Henderson, probably the poorest midfielder I've seen in some time. It's all very well being able to run about a lot but when you are useless with the ball then how the hell can anyone claim to be a footballer?!?

The quality in this game is abysmal. So many stray passes and poor first touches.

turned off, boring

Aye. I think this is the 1st EPL game I've sat down and watched all the way through for about a year or so.

If this is the 'greatest league in the world' then the SPL is a lot better than I thought.

Turned it off just after 3-0, away out to walk the dug

Apart from Sturridge & Coutinho, I can't actually name a Rodgers signing who has been a success.

The rest of the team that did well last year were signing by Dalglish.

If you lose 80 goals from your starting lineup with Suarez being sold and Sturridge being injured, you are going to struggle. Removing their goals shows that Rodgers' current form is actually very similar to his first season in charge.

Why sign 7-8 players in the £15m-£20m bracket if you aren't going to give them a run to bed in? (but I think I may have answered my own queston when I said that all his signings have been pish) Plus why not sign a solid, proven goalscorer for a hefty sum rather than a journeyman Lambert or a troubled Balotelli?

On the other hand, van Gaal has done reasonably well, especially given their injuries. Although he doesn't have to worry about European football.

Edited by tartandon