Man United V Liverpool - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Man United V Liverpool

I think you have to judge Rodgers once he's had his first choice team available for a while. He needs to have Sturridge and Balotelli available for a run of games. Goals make such a difference in games and Liverpool have been without their first choice attack for most of this season.

Utd have won their last two games partly because Liverpool and Southampton didn't take their chances. We should have gotten at least a draw on Monday night and Utd were lucky to get away with their second goal today. Moments like that can change games.

I know that signing Balotelli was a risk, but I personally would also have had a punt on him at that price. He may still come good if and when Sturridge returns.

I think you have to judge Rodgers once he's had his first choice team available for a while. He needs to have Sturridge and Balotelli available for a run of games. Goals make such a difference in games and Liverpool have been without their first choice attack for most of this season.

Utd have won their last two games partly because Liverpool and Southampton didn't take their chances. We should have gotten at least a draw on Monday night and Utd were lucky to get away with their second goal today. Moments like that can change games.

I know that signing Balotelli was a risk, but I personally would also have had a punt on him at that price. He may still come good if and when Sturridge returns.

Super Mario could have had a hat-trick in the last 15 mins had it not been for de Gea

De Gea did play a massive part in the game.

Sterling had 3 decent opportunities in the first half alone ( thanks to Jones atrocious defending ) and if one of them went in, game on.

Matas goal was offside.

End of the day, the result matters most but the score line does flatter it.

Agree with the comments about the quality of the game - it was pretty poor for what is historically the EPL's biggest game of the season.

Sometimes the only thing the EPL has over some Scottish top flight games is bigger crowds and a better marketed overall package.

If that game had been played at Fir Park or Rugby Park (no disrespect to either Well or Killie) in front of 6,000 it would have had a lot of neutral viewers switching off at half time with folk complaining about crap football and no atmosphere.