Madaleine Mccann - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Madaleine Mccann

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair i find the testimony from two other friends of the McCann's (married couple) who had holidayed with them before but weren't there this time, specifically about David Payne. It's pretty "tame" testimony with one incident and another vague one, but the fact the statements were made to the police and the content and implications of the allegations are rather worrisome.

If I suspected, even slightly, the police were out to frame me I would not answer a single question neither.

And you could easily spin that against someone...

Yes, especially if they already have all this information and have done for 4 months.

There would be no benefit to answering these questions in these circumstances that I can see. Innocent or guilty, you can only dig a hole for yourself.

If I suspected, even slightly, the police were out to frame me I would not answer a single question neither.

And you could easily spin that against someone...

I must admit, that was my first thought.

If I had reported my child missing, had given the police all the information I could, and then was treated as a suspect a week later, I'd definitely clam up.

The questions weren't set to help find the girl, they were there to trap someone who would inadvertently gave the wrong answer.

If the police asked the question...'what colour of shirt were you wearing a week ago ?', and you gave the answer 'black' when it turned out be grey....and you knew they would possibly use that stuff in evidence against you....then it's far better to shut the f*ck up.

Interesting points.

Funnily enough, just last night, my wife and I watched 'The Lost Honour of Christopher Jeffries', on ITV player - about that mad looking guy in Bristol who the papers and the police were determined to pin the murder of Jo Yates on, just because he was a mad looking guy.

I guess if the police are going after you like that, you can see why her legal team would tell her not to answer anything..... but I dunno, from the information on that website mccanfiles that someone posted above (without knowing how authentic they are), things definitely don't sit right with me. The blood scent in the room, and in the hire car they had a month after the disappearance. Occam's razor and all that

My suspicions have nothing to do with how the mccanns with or without the police, but down to forensic evidence, eye-witness accounts and an "affidavit" from a friendly couple.

the fact Clarence Mitchell was picked and the connections of the person who owned the resort.

This of course all rests on the quality of the forensic evidence, the quality of my thinking and the veracity of all documents i have read.

I must admit, that was my first thought.

If I had reported my child missing, had given the police all the information I could, and then was treated as a suspect a week later, I'd definitely clam up.

The questions weren't set to help find the girl, they were there to trap someone who would inadvertently gave the wrong answer.

If the police asked the question...'what colour of shirt were you wearing a week ago ?', and you gave the answer 'black' when it turned out be grey....and you knew they would possibly use that stuff in evidence against you....then it's far better to shut the f*ck up.

I don't disagree with any of that. However, what baffles me is that Kate is reported as saying "They've taken Madeleine" or words to that effect when she rushed back to the Tapas bar yet left the twins in their bed room. If I thought that my child had been abducted then there is no way I wouldn't have woken up the others and brought them with me.

I don't disagree with any of that. However, what baffles me is that Kate is reported as saying "They've taken Madeleine" or words to that effect when she rushed back to the Tapas bar yet left the twins in their bed room. If I thought that my child had been abducted then there is no way I wouldn't have woken up the others and brought them with me.

Who are "They" in that situation?

That's how you'd like to think you'd act, but people go mental in extreme situations, basically rational thought goes out the window. Other people switch into cool calculated mode.

Personally I would lose it. Have had a moment of losing a child in a crazy busy park. Blind panic, didn't know whether to stick to where he last was or try and find my Dad (who was with my youngest). In the end, my eldest had just gone back to Grandad. For me it's the worst fear I have ever experienced. Two minutes of abject terror.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

That's how I think I'd react but the reality is that I don't have a clue how I'd really react if I found out one of my children was missing. Is your first thought to raise the alarm and get help or is it to safeguard the other 2 (that could have been taken and haven't)?

I think most parents have had that second or 2 where you've lost sight of their children (usually in a toy shop or something similar). I've felt it many times - and in all cases they were right next to me, sometimes the other side of their older brother or just behind me. Panic sets in instantly and you don't think of anything other than finding them. I can't imagine how I'd actually react if I didn't find them within a minute or two.

Edited by PASTA Mick

Working in supermarkets most of my working life I have seen first hand parents who have lost their children and the reactions are completely varied from calm and collected to hysterical crying, and everything inbetween. What typifies the lack of rational thought is that huge majority cannot remember what the kid was wearing.

As for Kate, I thought the unanswering of questions came after they broke for the night and came back the following morning. If so, I would think she had been advised how to reply.

If id returned to flat and one of the three kids wasnt there..id have thought that she had got up and come looking for me. Why on earth would someone assume that their kid had been taken ..just not natural. I just think its all strange that the police have spent millions following spurious lines of enquiry and virtually none closer to home.

If id returned to flat and one of the three kids wasnt there..id have thought that she had got up and come looking for me. Why on earth would someone assume that their kid had been taken ..just not natural. I just think its all strange that the police have spent millions following spurious lines of enquiry and virtually none closer to home.

was the window not open / screens etc ?

as someone said earlier i don't know how you'd react in that situation , blind panic likely

3 year girl would likely be bawling for her mum if she went walkabout

Just watched The Lost Honour of Christopher Jeffries (the guy wrongly accused of murdering Jo Yeates). Guilty of nothing more than being eccentric, but vilified because he was a bit strange to some. I'm ashamed to say I remember at the time being convinced by the press and media portrayal of him. Just how much of what the press print about the McCanns, Robert Murat (they're starting to focus on him again) and the Portugese head copper is even close to being accurate?

A woman tried to abduct me in blackpool when I was about 3 or 4.

Why would a quine do that to a wee girl? I honestly can't get my head round that.

There could be any number of reasons. There was a case when I was living in London about five years ago of a woman abducting a child, who she then took swimming, and dropped off at the police station.

Just watched The Lost Honour of Christopher Jeffries (the guy wrongly accused of murdering Jo Yeates). Guilty of nothing more than being eccentric, but vilified because he was a bit strange to some. I'm ashamed to say I remember at the time being convinced by the press and media portrayal of him. Just how much of what the press print about the McCanns, Robert Murat (they're starting to focus on him again) and the Portugese head copper is even close to being accurate?

There was a thread on here at the time with many folk saying 'look at the state of him' etc...

I suggested that he had been arrested for nothing more than looking the part and was told by two (serving coppers) on here that this was very unlikely etc and there would be no smoke without fire and to wait and see...and also pistonbroke ( a very well seasoned journo) also argued against this position strongly, i.e. that the cops were arresting him for looking weird...

No offense to the lads on here who are coppers. Some cops are good some are rotten as . Not sure what the true ratio is.

There was a thread on here at the time with many folk saying 'look at the state of him' etc...

I suggested that he had been arrested for nothing more than looking the part and was told by two (serving coppers) on here that this was very unlikely etc and there would be no smoke without fire and to wait and see...and also pistonbroke ( a very well seasoned journo) also argued against this position strongly, i.e. that the cops were arresting him for looking weird...

No offense to the lads on here who are coppers. Some cops are good some are rotten as . Not sure what the true ratio is.

The same as any other profession. I work with them a lot through my own job and the vast majority are really decent people IMO. They are under huge constraints these days and are very understaffed.

I think there was probably a time where the majority would agree with me and respected the Police. I think I'm very much in a minority now which is a shame.

I've had to fight the knee-jerk reaction of judging people all my life - not one of my better character traits and I've no idea where it comes from. The advantage to it is that I force myself to back off until I've learned more about someone or a subject. The fact I was convinced by the way the press portrayed Jeffries despite my better judgement goes to show how good they are at it. I've become far more cynical of them over the past couple of years and now try to independently research things before making up my mind.

I've had to fight the knee-jerk reaction of judging people all my life - not one of my better character traits and I've no idea where it comes from. The advantage to it is that I force myself to back off until I've learned more about someone or a subject. The fact I was convinced by the way the press portrayed Jeffries despite my better judgement goes to show how good they are at it. I've become far more cynical of them over the past couple of years and now try to independently research things before making up my mind.

Spot on with this. The press and tabloids in particular have only one agenda, selling more papers. How many times do you see something that is front page 'news' only for them to print a retraction a few days later on page 14.