Ac/dc To Play Hampden - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ac/dc To Play Hampden

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone dismissing AC/DC is demonstrating a lack of taste rather than musical snobbery. I loved them when I was young, must have seen them 6 or 7 times, mostly in the Bon Scott years. To be fair I fell out of love with them from Back in Black onwards, partly as I can't take to Johnston and partly, I suspect, as tastes change as you get a bit older (or at least mine did). Along came The Clash and things changed. I listened to some of the early albums a few years back and it just wasn't quite the same for me as it was back then. In many ways I don't think you really should like the same stuff in your 40s or 50s as you did when you were 15. I went to the gig at Hampden a few years back and left about half way through, a lot of fat old blokes reliving their 'glory days'.

Fringo,

Appreciate your efforts mate but I fear you are fighting a losing battle.

Listened to those two and really just heard more of the same. I associate this type of music with the early to mid 70s which for me was the worst musical era in my lifetime (with the possible exception of the mid 80s when bands all but disappeared). For me the 70s never really got going until the punk movement. The quality wasn't great but it revolutionised music and it led to the post punk era which if I had to, I'd probably say was my favourite musical era. Bands like Joy Divsion, The Smiths, Magazine, The Fall etc were among my favourites.

But I can just as easy listen to Country, Dance, Soul, classical, post rock...anything really, other than of course the noisy pish. :-)

Bands that really get my goat are the likes of Iron Maiden, Motörhead, Led Zep, Metallica (sp?) and I'm afraid on the basis of what I've heard so far, AC/DC.

Each to their own I guess.

No probs and fair doos for even listening to the tracks.

I like all sorts of music too and about the only HM I listen to these days are bands from my youth - AC/DC, Van Halen etc. Still love giving them a blast. :guitar::headbang:

Edited by fringo

Looks lile this could be the setlist for Sunday

Intro
Rock or Bust
Shoot to Thrill
Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
Back in Black
Play Ball
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Thunderstruck
High Voltage
Rock 'n' Roll Train
Hells Bells
Baptism by Fire
You Shook Me All Night Long
Sin City
Shot Down in Flames
Have a Drink on Me
T.N.T.
Whole Lotta Rosie
Let There Be Rock
(with Angus Young guitar solo… more )
Encore:
Highway to Hell
(with Angus Young guitar solo in intro)
For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

Edited by fringo

Guest flumax

Where you get this from. Awesome of true

Looks lile this could be the setlist for Sunday

Intro

Rock or Bust

Shoot to Thrill

Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be

Back in Black

Play Ball

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Thunderstruck

High Voltage

Rock 'n' Roll Train

Hells Bells

Baptism by Fire

You Shook Me All Night Long

Sin City

Shot Down in Flames

Have a Drink on Me

T.N.T.

Whole Lotta Rosie

Let There Be Rock

(with Angus Young guitar solo more )

Encore:

Highway to Hell

(with Angus Young guitar solo in intro)

For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

Where you get this from. Awesome of true

youtube initially then google and as wanderer says it seems to follow the same pattern at all the recent gigs I found online

That's been the set list for most the tour.

Just the right amount of classics with a couple of songs from new album (which you would expect)

:ok::guitar:

How excited are you Fringo? Tremendous, enjoy it.

Just a tad frisky to say the least.

A bit sad for a grown man to get that way but it's great

It's just one of those moments you look forward to and lots of friends, colleagues etc buzzing about it too.

It's a bit like some classic big Scotland games that come around every few years e.g. Italy in 2007 (or major championships many years ago).

Edited by fringo

youtube initially then google and as wanderer says it seems to follow the same pattern at all the recent gigs I found online

:ok::guitar:

It's just one of those moments you look forward to and lots of friends, colleagues etc buzzing about it too.

It's a bit like some classic big Scotland games that come around every few years e.g. Italy in 2007 (or major championships many years ago).

I completely understand Fringo. I can only measure your excitement by what mine would be if The Smiths or ABBA reformed to tour. :-)

Yip, exactly how I feel.

Should be a brilliant night out and at least we won't have the disappointment of a dodgy goal to the opposition to have to endure.