Ac/dc To Play Hampden - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ac/dc To Play Hampden

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ears are still ringing :guitar:

Saying that, I have seen AC/DC live 5 times and to me that was the worst gig of the lot :worried:

Did not have high hopes with the new stuff (as the new album sounds like it was knocked together in one afternoon in the studio), and though Rock or Bust was a good start, Play Ball sounded a total mess...... set list on paper looks the perfect AC/DC set list (without the Bon Scott songs Brian can not belt out) yet felt like something was missing.

As for the band, Brian looked like he was completely knackered (spent half the gig on his knee's.... granted he is in his 60's!)...... Chris Slade is a great drummer, but he is like a bull in a china shop (drowns out the rest of the band and goes 500mph+ and makes everyone push..... for a 2 hour gig it felt like it was over in 45 minutes)..... Stevie Young tries his heart out, but Mal shoes are just far to big for him (Mal when playing can be like a dump truck driving through a dynamite factory, but Stevie does not have a 10th of this drive).

Angus was just Angus and can have the whole crowd eating out the palm of his hand when he is in full drive :headbang::guitar:

Also felt the crowd were very flat last night also.

All in all, any other band would love to pull off a show like last night, but by AC/DC standards it was poor...... clearly a case of one last hurrah before calling it quits.

Saying that, I have seen AC/DC live 5 times and to me that was the worst gig of the lot :worried:

I've only seen them once and that's the exact reason why I didn't go last night. Knew they wouldn't live up to it. I'll need to stop going to see Metallica soon for the same reason :lol:

I've only seen them once and that's the exact reason why I didn't go last night. Knew they wouldn't live up to it. I'll need to stop going to see Metallica soon for the same reason :lol:

Not that it didn't live up to expectation.... just felt that for what everyone knows/feels is going to be their final tour (if not last ever gig in Scotland) there just was no personal touch to the gig (Brian was not doing his usual having a laugh with the crowd and interacting.....) just a case of show up, let Angus do his 20 minute guitar solo, play Highway to Hell and get out of there.......

I didn't go to the S Club 7 reunion tour for that reason

First time I've seen them live. For some reason I passed up the chance of tickets for Hampden in 2009 when I lived a 10 minute walk away. Can't remember why now, but that's why I came down from Lossiemouth for this gig - got a feeling it might have been the last time they play here.

I'm a fan but not a massive one and as I've said first time I've seen them so no expectations or anything to compare it to. I thought it was merely good. The insistence on Angus taking centre stage for every single song got a bit grating and his solo went on and on. There's only so much guitar wanking I can take. Unlike others I've seen there was next to no communicating with the crowd. I'm not looking for Bono style monologues but a more personal touch is fun - Vintage Trouble were fantastic in that regard. As has been said, Johnson looks tired, but fair play to still be doing it at all. How the feck Angus keeps that up for two hours feck knows :lol:

All in all a 'good' gig but it wouldn't rank in my top 10.

The insistence on Angus taking centre stage for every single song got a bit grating and his solo went on and on. There's only so much guitar polishing I can take.

That is part of the AC/DC thing though and was never going to change..... been a case throughout their career that the camera will focus solely on Angus.

Have to admit though, I was really fighting hard to hold back a yawn during 'let there be rock'.... as you seen it once, you have seen it a million times.

First time seeing them live and had a blast.

Sound system at Hampden though is bloody atrocious though and did ruin a few tracks.

****Further highlight.

Guy launched a cup of beer/piss in to the crowd. Seconds later a cup is launched back at him and hits him perfectly on the back of the head.

Takes his top of and emblazoned on his shoulders is a Stand Free tattoo.

Got to love it when an Aberdeen fan gets skelped with pish. Karma.

I thought that is was a superb night out.

You know exactly what you are going to get from AC/DC and last night lived up to all expectations.

Glad to hear that one of the tw@ts that think it's a good idea to throw liquid about got a taste of his own medicine.

First time I have seen them live, thought they were fantastic, given their ages they can still put on a great show of 2 hours non stop rock-brilliant!

QAs usual though with any type of gig/match in the evening at Hampden, the after concert traffic and travel arrangements were shocking!, no police in sight to help traffic flow, really not looking forward to trying to get home after the Germany and Poland games, really puts a sour note on your day!

First time I have seen them live, thought they were fantastic, given their ages they can still put on a great show of 2 hours non stop rock-brilliant!

QAs usual though with any type of gig/match in the evening at Hampden, the after concert traffic and travel arrangements were shocking!, no police in sight to help traffic flow, really not looking forward to trying to get home after the Germany and Poland games, really puts a sour note on your day!

Park further away from the stadium, round Victoria Road/Pollokshaws Road direction. Slightly longer walk back to the car but you'll get straight on to the motorway.

Sound quality wasn't too hot but still a great night IMO.

One of my mate's brought his 12 yr old son to his first ever gig - not a bad start to seeing live bands ! :headbang:

PS - what's the crowd capacity for gigs at Hampden - I'm guessing there was 50-60k ?

Edited by fringo